drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Another Dance Song :)
Go to the bottom of this page Another Dance Song :)
Author
Cool Tourist

Registration Date: 08-03-2003

Hey everybuddy!
Seems like somehow I'm turning out more dance than dnb lately, but it all comes in waves. I know I'll get into a dnb kick in a month or so probably. So yeah, I made another dance song. Same basic vibe as the last one I posted here, except maybe a bit happier or some shit, I don't know. Just check it out, "Evil Villain" http://busby.iuma.com
Vocal sample again from my friends Jayrol and Michael, just like a half a dozen of my other songs, The Morning After, Key to the Future, Ice Bath, etc.
Check it ooooooout!
-dj Busby
10-06-2003 04:25
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

I like your dnb stuff better Cool

This is a nice retro track, reminds me of some Serious Beats stuff from 9 years ago or so Big Grin

Hehe that octaving saw bass is very eighties sounding IMO Big Grin Jan Hammer Big Grin

Most sounds have serious phasing problems, you prolly used way to much chorus on them... even the kick doesn't sit solidly in the centre, it seems to be floating somewhere in the stereo spectrum.

So when you're getting back to dnb?? Big Grin

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
10-06-2003 13:31 Homepage of thechronic
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Sounds dated indeed, but I kinda like it. But the kick could use some more... kick Tongue

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

10-06-2003 13:37 Homepage of Surya
Pablex Pablex is a male
Massive Junglism

images/avatars/avatar-239.jpg

Registration Date: 20-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

lol to b honest i only checked it when i read the comments bout it "being dated" Tongue
i kind of like dated stuff,like 1996 style hardcore,jungle if that's dated to u Wink ,...
but to b honest i don't like it that much,that bass is a bit...dunno it doesn't attrack me Red Face

__

10-06-2003 15:02
-J- -J- is a male
Big Bad Battyman

Registration Date: 15-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.25

mmm not gonna comment too much right now, i'm too lazy atm

but i'm defo feeling this track, i really like it, reminds me of that old-skool trance, eurohouse styles (ooh ooh, remember freed from desire from Gala, smashin track imo), grabbin back in time...

Liky liky vewy much, keep on doing this stuff man
how did u get it mastered this well ??

__
It's a spiritual thing !

10-06-2003 17:54
djBusby djBusby is a male
Cool Tourist

Registration Date: 08-03-2003

Yeah I was going a bit giddy with the chorus. I like how it sounds though. I WAS pretty sure the kick was in centre... I don't know about that one. Actually, this track is a bit too... hmm.. too... clubby for my normal tastes. I don't know how it came out of me, it's weird how that happens. I do like it, but I'm not diggin it as one of my best. A couple of my friends however DO think it's one of my best, and they encouraged me to put it up on IUMA. I'm glad I did and I appreciate you guys checking it out and all. Smile
ALSO!!!!
I've got a friend of a friend of a friend who works in a talent angency and is trying to hook up the local djs with my stuff, maybe get me some radio airplay, and hopefully some A&R attention, so that's a bit exciting. Wish me luck!
-dj Busby
http://busby.iuma.com
10-06-2003 21:35
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

Whoa that's great news Bigup

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
11-06-2003 15:01 Homepage of thechronic
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by djBusby
Yeah I was going a bit giddy with the chorus. I like how it sounds though. I WAS pretty sure the kick was in centre...

It's probably your global stereo effect that messed it up Wink

__
11-06-2003 15:02 Homepage of thechronic
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Another Dance Song :)