drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Laurent Garnier can't play in the USA!!!
Go to the bottom of this page Laurent Garnier can't play in the USA!!!
Author
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-66.gif

Registration Date: 16-11-2002

K it's not dnb-material but still you just have to read this. Fucking american bastards!!

This is so KAFKAESK, you have to read this. Altough Laurent Garnier paid the US Embassy the required 3400 Dollars for a US visa in December 2002, they're still refusing to give him this document to travel to Amerika (or do we have to say Amerikkka in this case?). He tried everything, but they just don't let him play in the USA. Below you can find a letter of mr. Laurent Garnier himself. Oh boy, this is just UN-BE-LIE-VA-BLE...

Email from F-Comm .....

-----Quote-----

DATES THIS WEEKEND IN ATLANTA, NEW YORK AND CHICAGO CANCELLED

I'm again not coming for my gigs in the States this weekend. Really believe me I've tried everything, but here is what we have to deal with now with the US embassy in Paris.

After obtaining a new passport 2 weeks ago, it was sent directly to the US Embassy.

Since the Iraq conflict, it is totally forbidden to access the premises. You can only send documents by special courier like Chronopost" (our equivalent to Fedex or DHL)

There is no way you can speak to anybody on the phone, free of charge, unless a matter of life or death!!!!, otherwise you have to pay via credit card 15 Euros (= 15 dollars) for a "recorded" conversation to be able to ask a question !!!!! (believe me we tried it and we only go one person once on the phone for about 10
trials).

So far it is simple !!! ....... But that is nothing.
It says on the Embassy's web site that a visa takes 5 days to get done ......(this was true in the past as I already applied for about 8 visas
for the past 10 years, without any trouble)

After waiting for 8 days with no reply whatsoever ......(remember it's impossible to get in touch with them) we then decided to send a fax to ask about my visa, the following day somebody got back on the phone to my
agent literally insulting her, asking her who the hell did she think she was to ask things like that !!!!!........

We finally got back my passport this afternoon ....and guess what !!!!
it says that my request was incomplete ????

01) My pictures were not conform to the new demand of the US Embassy ...they were of course regular passport pictures (sounds pretty obvious doesn't it) but these don't work anymore for a US visa in France. They actually now
request a very precise size, back drop colour, and format for the pictures, (they now! give you a couple of addresses where to go and get those
pictures done).............I got my little ruler out, checked the size, everything is conform regarding size and colour, but they still refused it .....I don't know but maybe they don't accept people wearing tee shirts anymore on the
photos !!!!! This had never been specified before to me.
02) They now asked me to fill a new form that is compulsory for people living in Iraq, Iran, Libya, Ireland, Syria, North Korea, Sudan ,Cuba
.!!!!!!!

Yes you are not dreaming .......... It looks like France is now either considered as a terrorist ,a communist or a threatening country !!!!!

Here are just a few questions from this form:

-Give all the names of every single country you have visited in the last 10 years, also give the years of each visit (I have roughly thought a
minute about this one, each time I've been abroad in the past 10 years I would
have to put around 900 dates and countries! )

-Have you ever been involved in an armed conflict...? (that's a good one, euhhh not really other than what the television shows me every day....)

-Have you got special experience with explosives, nuclear, chemical, biological weapons? (heuuu sorry I'm French, we make very good Camembert,does that count??)

This form has never EVER been required before .........

So here are the facts: I have paid 3400 Dollars !!!(yes you've heard right 3400 Dollars) to the US embassy in December 2002 for a visa that they still won't give me yet.

They did not refuse it, it is more unclear than that, they are just making it impossible for me to receive it.

They were fully aware of my dates of departure ,they only waited until this morning to tell me that they needed new things that they never requested before !!!!!!

Quite frankly I'm getting very sick and pissed off with the situation, and to see that we cannot access the ! Embassy and have tried to move
mountains I'll never get my visa before next week ...... and even that is not sure.

This is what we have to go through now - is that the price that French artists have to pay because of our government's position?

Well all I can say is that I hope that one day artists will be free again to travel to the States, but until that date it doesn't look like I am
going to be able to come over and play records for you.

With regret,

Laurent Garnier

You can find all the info on F-Communications here.

Thanks to Djaycee for the info.

__
Bigup Big Grin Sex and drugs and drum and bass!!! Big Grin Bigup
08-06-2003 14:26
Pablex Pablex is a male
Massive Junglism

images/avatars/avatar-239.jpg

Registration Date: 20-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

yeh those north americans r a bit Roll Eyes from time to time

__

08-06-2003 14:28
Azer Azer is a male
Easy Player

images/avatars/avatar-11.jpg

Registration Date: 15-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.00

all I can say is Huh

__
Sun
08-06-2003 15:00
psychomat psychomat is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-66.gif

Registration Date: 16-11-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Pablex

Ooh yeah sorry pablex idd those NORTH americans Big Grin

__
Bigup Big Grin Sex and drugs and drum and bass!!! Big Grin Bigup
08-06-2003 15:54
knine knine is a male
Lawless

images/avatars/avatar-72.jpg

Registration Date: 09-04-2003

Will somebody PLEASE get that freakin' APE in his cowboy-costumes and his paranoïa "anti-terrorists-whom-we-have-trained-ourselves-to-get-more-money-and-power
"-slaves out of that bloody ugly white cottage... djeezes!!! Fuckyou Prrr Censored

__
Midleft fka knine
www.jungletactics.com
www.dedkob.com

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by knine: 08-06-2003 17:07.

08-06-2003 17:07 Homepage of knine
-J- -J- is a male
Big Bad Battyman

Registration Date: 15-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.25

quote:
Originally posted by Pablex

All of America is pretty fucked up, believe me, even in South America there's really cooked up business, and I'm not gonna hold back cause you're coming from Chili ...

as I said, I mean no harm towards normal people like you and me, and lots of other American citizens who are stuffed up with their own gouvernment as well ...

but the crap about "Northern" americans, please

I am saying this because three years ago friends of ours at the climbing club were gone climbing in the Andes, and they got shot down by guerilla soldiers, for fun ....
so much for fun i think ...

and oh yea, ontopic, america is huge crap, we already knew that ...
the thingie with our good friend Laurent G. doesn't surprise me a thing ...

it's way easier sucking a melon through a waterhose than feeling actually "free" in this world, ... (the FREE world, america ---> THE FREE COUNTRY, huh ... yea yea, give us a break)

__
It's a spiritual thing !

08-06-2003 17:47
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Tssss... all I can say...

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

08-06-2003 18:05 Homepage of Surya
Pablex Pablex is a male
Massive Junglism

Helpfulness rating: 

sorry bout ur friends -J- ,but still i don't think u should see north americans as "the" americans
i got my ideas bout this and no1 can change my mind on this soz

@psychomat lol no problem Wink

__

08-06-2003 23:42
Pablex Pablex is a male
Massive Junglism

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by -J-
even in South America there's really cooked up business

i'm the first one to agree
i know that personally Roll Eyes

__

08-06-2003 23:44
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Laurent Garnier can't play in the USA!!!