drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Searching a good graphic EQ?
Go to the bottom of this page Searching a good graphic EQ?
Author
Sponsor

Registration Date: 01-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

ez

Can any of u lot suggest a good graphic eq plug-in? a DX Plug perhaps...

I've been using various eqs but they all put a slope in - I'm looking to do some 'brickwall' eqing to fiddle around and hopefully teach myself something in the process.

I tried Sony's one (from sound forge) but its giving me grief by way of putting rumble on everything just by being there - even elements that aren't routed through it, and Waves Q10 is doing some bizzare panning that I didn't ask it to do...

Cheers
07-07-2005 18:06
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

panning, what waves version? get v4 platinum, I've never had issues and it's graph eq works great..

you can try izotope ozone, but it's known to take much of cpu power

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
07-07-2005 18:40 Homepage of cynik
@1$-)
unregistered
theres a million eq out there.....most of them are good.sonalksis isnt bad..but i use waves gold bundle paragraphic eq......and what the hells going on if your version is panning sounds?? you can turn off/on either side with most of the waves stuff....check that you havnt accidentally switched one side off.
07-07-2005 18:47
dNk dNk is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-230.jpg

Registration Date: 29-02-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

for me the best graphic EQ is on the Acid Pro Rinse
07-07-2005 19:01
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

iZatopes Ozone 3 is a good 64-bit with emulated quality of real eq's. same with PSP eq.

there are some free eq vst's out there. there are also some good ones.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

07-07-2005 21:36 Homepage of Halph-Price
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

All graphic EQ's have a fixed slope width that can not be changed. The width of the slope depends on the number of seperate EQ's you have. In a 31-band graphic EQ the slope is narrower (1/3 of an octave) than on a 15-band (2/3 octave). Without this slope you wouldn't be able to make a good sounding curve on the EQ.

If you want to alter certain frequencies really precisely, you would be better of with a so called 'full parametric' EQ. This type of EQ allows you to chose the frequency precisely instead of offering a range of preset standard frequencies. It also allows you to determine the range of affected frequencies by changing the 'Q factor'. With the highest Q factor the slope will be so narrow that you can notch out or boost a really small frequency band.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
08-07-2005 01:26 Homepage of thechronic
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

I always like parametric EQs better, it's easyer to find the right frequencies to boost or cut Smile

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

08-07-2005 08:16 Homepage of Surya
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Searching a good graphic EQ?