drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Live 8
Go to the bottom of this page Live 8
Author
unregistered
ok im probably not the first to suggest this.....but im looking at bill gates on tv, im looking at u2, paul mccartney, pink floyd etc etc etc.....
and im not being ignorant or controversial.......but this lot together with eveyone else on the bill accross the world have enough money to buy the world three times over.......so if their that concerned why dont they pay the debts?!?!?!?!?!?!............
02-07-2005 16:32
Rude Rude is a male
I'm gonna get you

images/avatars/avatar-2314.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
25 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

I don't know... what are you saying anyway

__

02-07-2005 16:55 Homepage of Rude
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

because they're sick in there head and poisond by the money.
Fuckin' richy bitches.
02-07-2005 18:21
@1$-)
unregistered
quote:
Originally posted by Rude

sorry....er.what am i saying....im saying what it says Big Grin why dont they pay off the third world debts between them?!?!?!? even if they dont pay it all between them they could pay a huge chunk.
02-07-2005 21:33
tetsuo tetsuo is a male
Guiness factory

Registration Date: 26-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.67

The french president made an offer about it: He thinks that if there is 1$ off all plane ticket, that would helps a lot to pay the thirld world debt.

An idea like many others, nice to try I think....

peace

__
Yesterday' s futur is today!! Doped

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tetsuo: 04-07-2005 11:55.

04-07-2005 11:54
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

quote:
Originally posted by MUNKI C
ok im probably not the first to suggest this.....but im looking at bill gates on tv, im looking at u2, paul mccartney, pink floyd etc etc etc.....
and im not being ignorant or controversial.......but this lot together with eveyone else on the bill accross the world have enough money to buy the world three times over.......so if their that concerned why dont they pay the debts?!?!?!?!?!?!............

fully agree if those bastards cared so much they should donate half of their wealth.......even then each one of the image conscious cunts would be richer than the average person in the western world!!

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

04-07-2005 14:45 Homepage of D2o
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

it's all about interests.. noone cares or has any benefit in repaying the debts..

whoops almost forgot about strong lobbys and masons

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
04-07-2005 14:50 Homepage of cynik
KoFFiE KoFFiE is a male
Easy Player

images/avatars/avatar-271.gif

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.83

I'm not a Bill Gates fan (absolutely not) - but sorry, he made that money himself. He worked for it, he used his brains. Ok - not always fair how he did it, but he made the money himself in a legal way. Like it or not, it's his, and he can do with it what he wants.

That said, rich ppl like that already donate an enormous amount of money to charity. Bill i.e. donates millions of $$$ every year to various charity funds, and has founded a few organisations himself. He's not the only-one btw, so stop judging ppl if you don't do any research.
Just search for use google, then you'll find things like this:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/182972_gates21.html which says:
quote:
Bill and Melinda Gates yesterday announced that all of an estimated $3 billion of the stock dividend that would have gone to the Microsoft chairman will instead be donated to their non-profit foundation in support of its efforts in global health, education and equity.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/truegrowth/gates1.html

Roll Eyes

__
Sleep is a poor substitute for coffee

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by KoFFiE: 04-07-2005 15:23.

04-07-2005 15:21 Homepage of KoFFiE
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

yeah, yeah, but does it really change anything? why are you so sure that money goes to the people who need it most?

don't believe the internet so much IMO

the world could be balanced in a matter of days.. but there wouldn't be ultra-rich people around anymore and they don't want THAT to change

just think about it.. all a matter of balance really

__
04-07-2005 15:38 Homepage of cynik
gls
Steppa

Registration Date: 10-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

If you look into Fractional-reserve banking you'll find out why most of the world lives in poverty while a few people own everything. Basically banks print money out of fresh air and then charge you interest on it, that's why they can afford to "drop the debt" because the money never existed in the first place. Not in a real sense anyway, it's simply numbers on a computer screen.

http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe...serve%20banking
04-07-2005 16:05
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

points there, but banks don't print money - they are but a tool also...

the old way was: money printed by a state must be equivalent to it's gold reserve, now there is the International Monetary Fund which dictates the figure and makes it easier to tweak out the values...

__
04-07-2005 16:11 Homepage of cynik
tetsuo tetsuo is a male
Guiness factory

Helpfulness rating: 

so you didn't like my "french" idea? I think that's a good one, but it's politics!! Roll Eyes

__
04-07-2005 16:15
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by tetsuo
so you didn't like my "french" idea? I think that's a good one, but it's politics!! Roll Eyes

lmao, no no, the idea is great..

__
04-07-2005 16:20 Homepage of cynik
gls
Steppa

Registration Date: 10-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

quote:
Originally posted by cynik
points there, but banks don't print money - they are but a tool also...

It didnt take you long to look into it. Big Grin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_of_England

quote:
Bank of England

The Bank of England is the central bank of the United Kingdom, sometimes known as "The Old Lady of Threadneedle Street" or "The Old Lady".

Functions of the bank

It performs all the recognized functions of a central bank -- to maintain price stability, and subject to that, to support the economic policy of Her Majesty's Government (Bank of England Act 199Cool in order to promote economic growth. It has a monopoly on the issue of banknotes in England and Wales (see Sterling); it is both the Government's banker and the bankers' bank; a "Lender of Last Resort"; it manages the country's foreign exchange and gold reserves; it used to be responsible for the regulation and supervision of the banking industry (see Johnson Matthey, BCCI, and Barings), although this responsibility was transferred to the Financial Services Authority in June 1998. Since 1997 the Monetary Policy Committee has had the responsibility for setting the official interest rate. Scottish and Northern Irish banks retain the right to issue their own banknotes, but they must be backed one to one with deposits in the Bank of England, excepting a few million pounds representing the value of notes they had in circulation in 1845. It maintains the Government's Consolidated Fund account. Computershare took over as the registrar for UK Government bonds (known as gilts) from the Bank at the end of 2004.

The bank of England prints money for all the banks and even our government has to go to it for money.

Anyway I'm simplifying this but for every £1000 a bank has it can lend out £10,000 which means it's printing the money out of fresh air. If everyone went to the bank and got all their money out none of them would be able to pay up and they'd all be bankrupt. It's basically fraud and if we did it we'd go do prison but because banks do it and it's only the general public that gets ripped of it's ok.

Like I said look into the banking and arms industries and see where all the money goes to and you'll find out why the worlds like it is.

I'd also suggest looking up Hegelian dialectics as well. Wink

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by gls: 04-07-2005 16:39.

04-07-2005 16:25
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

didnt even look My Mistake

but I know in general what it means - figures on a screen just as you said...

sayin you withdraw more than you deposited does not generate inflation though - lone printing of money does.

inflation is: once the cash -real cash which is in the hands of people and not in the bank- overflows that reserve, inflation is the percentage of one being higher than the other. it never goes other way around tho

__
04-07-2005 16:37 Homepage of cynik
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

quote:
Originally posted by MUNKI C
quote:
Originally posted by Rude

sorry....er.what am i saying....im saying what it says Big Grin why dont they pay off the third world debts between them?!?!?!? even if they dont pay it all between them they could pay a huge chunk.

Idd. the whole live 8 deal looked kinda hypocryt imo if you keep that in mind..

__

04-07-2005 16:56 Homepage of Emblem-X
tetsuo tetsuo is a male
Guiness factory

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by cynik
quote:
Originally posted by tetsuo

lmao, no no, the idea is great..

I think he's gonna push it on the next live 8 meeting in scotland.... We probably gonna hear of this soon.....

__
04-07-2005 17:11
KoFFiE KoFFiE is a male
Easy Player

images/avatars/avatar-271.gif

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.83

I think it's hypocritical to say that those "rich" ppl like the ones presenting live8 should pay for it. You know, the big capital isn't visible.
Did you know that 70% of the privately owned money in Belgium is owned by 9% of the population? Where is that? Who has that money? Good luck finding it...

And it's like this in most countries, the richest ppl aren't the ones you see on television, that are only the ppl that made their money by being famous (music/moviestars etc), or are self-made m/billionaires in a very visible market, like MS. Who owns the oil industry in the US? Most of the times it are families that want to keep a low-profile, so they can influence politics etc without anyone noticing it. That's where the big money is.

Also most debts of the 3rd world are debts with other governments. After the colonies were liberated and got independant, they needed things from the western world, and got loans from other countries and the IMF. They had little or no experience in running a country, educational levels were extremely low, they wanted to do things their way, and most of them screwed up pritty bad. They lend money from the countries that had made enourmous profits out of those colonies, which isn't exactly fair, but well - that's how it works. Also - once the country actually made money, usually under a dictator (Mobutu i.e.) it went to him and his family instead of to the country, but when they don't invest in the country, it goes wrong and they can't compete with the rest of the world.

It sounds maybe strange, but it was a bad move to make all those colonies independant in the 50's and 60's, simply because those "countries" weren't ready. The population was actually a bunch of tribes who weren't exactly friendly towards each-other, which was demonstrated by the countless civil wars, and in the end led to the massive hutu vs. tutsi genocide.
Only very few native ppl had had a decent education at the time of the liberation, and those who had were - again - the rich-ones. The problem was they all thought - "once free we do it our way", which didn't work, cause they had no clue how the rest of the world worked. The major problem are the African countries, the ones in the far-east are actually doing pritty well (India etc), but these countries already understood the concept of a "country" and "borders" before the colonies were started there, which made a huge difference afterwards. Those countries are right now making it extremely hard for the western companies to be competitive.

__
Sleep is a poor substitute for coffee
04-07-2005 17:40 Homepage of KoFFiE
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

there is a problem with trade for the 3rd world countries, that cannot be fixed with money.

they get taxed for certin products, like coffee grinds, where coffee beans they don't. so they have to export raw material, instead of the finished products, so lose employment and money because of that.

there is an issue with that, and not many relise it. this si the purpose of live 8

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

05-07-2005 00:16 Homepage of Halph-Price
tetsuo tetsuo is a male
Guiness factory

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price
they get taxed for certin products, like coffee grinds, where coffee beans they don't. so they have to export raw material, instead of the finished products, so lose employment and money because of that.

there is an issue with that, and not many relise it. this si the purpose of live 8

Big Grin are you serious about that?????? I don't think that the main purpose of the live8...... Advertisment is the purpose!

They need to be self sufficent, as you said, with their own industry

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tetsuo: 07-07-2005 14:19.

05-07-2005 20:04
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Live 8