drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » What do you guys think about Acid Pro?
Go to the bottom of this page What do you guys think about Acid Pro?
Author

images/avatars/avatar-1000.gif

Registration Date: 23-06-2005

Howdy everyone. I'm new to the DnB community, but I'm not new to the whole music synthesis field. I've been making mixes and the like for about a year and a half now and I've been using Acid Pro 4.0 the whole time. I was wondering what you guys think of this program. I like it's simple setup and it's plugins but I hate the fact that you can't use VsT's and are often limited in sound quality to the quality of the .wav, .au, .aiff, or. mp3 files that are used. This really bugs me as all of my mixes have a low quality sound. So what do you guys think? Should I stick with Acid Pro 4.0? Or move onto something else? Also, if I stick with it does anybody know of any websites offhand that offer .wav, .aiff, etc instrument sample downloads that are pretty high quality? (i've been using findsounds.com and searching around google for some as well as some of the sounds that are available on this site)

thanks in advance

-poetic
29-06-2005 07:06
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

get acid 5, it has full vst and vsti support.

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
29-06-2005 11:42 Homepage of cynik
@1$-)
unregistered
ive got the olde version with no vst support and all i really used it for was some bizarre spoken word timestretching..........the new one loooks good....and if your familiar and comfortable using it stick at it......some of the hospital records camp use it........
personally id go for reason rewired into cubase or logic...(does logic support rewire?!?!?!? Confused ) but thats just me.

as for samples check out www.versionist.com theres the samplepacks on this site.......or have a look around these forum cause there a bunch of links in some of the threads.your not the first to ask this.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by utter muppet: 29-06-2005 17:48.

29-06-2005 17:48
poeticdrums

thanks a lot guys
29-06-2005 19:05
dNk dNk is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-230.jpg

Registration Date: 29-02-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

i love Acid Pro 4.0 , there is so usefull Paragrafic EQ
29-06-2005 19:08
poeticdrums

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by poeticdrums: 29-06-2005 21:44.

29-06-2005 21:25
Sykotic
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 12-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.50

Acid is not bad, especially for remixing... but it is very limited. And sound quality is sucks. I was using 2.0 back in the days when it was new, and I remember I though it was the shitt! Tongue Helps if you have Sound Forge too! I have 4.0 now, and use it occasionally, since Reason doesn't have much support for .wav, and I don't have Recycle, it is my only choice if I want to use .wav files.

Acid 5.0 sounds like it is well improved.

Check out acidplanet.com. They have remixing contests. Sounds like you can win pretty good prizes.

As for finding loops, they are all over the web, shouldn't be hard to find. Also check for some soft synths that support rendering as .wav to create your own samples. Wink

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sykotic: 30-06-2005 00:21.

30-06-2005 00:19
@1$-)
unregistered
quote:
Originally posted by Sykotic
Acid is not bad, especially for remixing... but it is very limited. And sound quality is sucks. I was using 2.0 back in the days when it was new, and I remember I though it was the shitt! Tongue Helps if you have Sound Forge too! I have 4.0 now, and use it occasionally, since Reason doesn't have much support for .wav, and I don't have Recycle, it is my only choice if I want to use .wav files.

Acid 5.0 sounds like it is well improved.

Check out acidplanet.com. They have remixing contests. Sounds like you can win pretty good prizes.

As for finding loops, they are all over the web, shouldn't be hard to find. Also check for some soft synths that support rendering as .wav to create your own samples. Wink

sorry what are you talking about......reason doesnt support wavs?????? ROFL
yes it doesnt record audio.......but theres no .....er reason you cant load a wav into redrum, or any of the sample players.......
30-06-2005 01:11
Sykotic
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 12-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.50

no, no I said very little support for wav's. I use Redrum for wav's all the time, but you have to edit elsewhere enless you just want a one-shot. Are you sure abou the sample player supporting wav's? I'll get back to you on that one...for some reason I was under the impression that the samplers do not support wav.

Edit-I stand corrected the NN-19 and NN-XT both support wav's....nice and to think.... well, I guess I'll never get off my computer now! Sleep

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sykotic: 09-07-2005 06:11.

09-07-2005 05:48
optikal_assassin optikal_assassin is a male
|da jungle snipa|

images/avatars/avatar-3214.jpg

Registration Date: 18-07-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Ehh, I've tried using Acid Pro 5 which I must admit it's really come along way since the first time I've used it around version 3. I like the idea of being able to use VST and VSTi plugins now in version 5 but I've been using FL Studio for soo long now for sequencing my track, it's hard to dedicate to something else. People have bashed FL Studio for soo long saying it's nothing more than just a kids toy, but when you start comparing Acid Pro and FL Studio side by side, there's nothing FL Studio can't do that Acid Pro can, not to mention I believe FRuity Loops is about the same in price if not cheaper. All in all I'd say Acid Pro is good in the sense it's relatively easy to use but it wouldn't be my first pick. I suppose it's greatest use would be for doing remixing but as far as sequencing individual tracks, I'd look at other options. I'm not really an Acid Pro master so maybe my opinion is useless. I guess this topic is hard to really answer as soo many people will have different opinions and it leads to a never ending controversy as to whats better, but what it all boils down to is what's easier for you to use and what you feel most comfortable with. Hope this helps.

__
Jungle Snipa on MySpace
19-07-2005 00:45
Dave_Akuma Dave_Akuma is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1737.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.29

i've been using acid pro as my main software since pro 3...using pro 5 now Bigup

__

18-10-2005 06:11
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » What do you guys think about Acid Pro?