drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Bass Problems !
Go to the bottom of this page Bass Problems !
Author
Old-School Rolla

images/avatars/avatar-955.jpeg

Registration Date: 02-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.71

yeah but once you get amplitube or somethin...
woo
05-10-2005 02:21
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

quote:
Originally posted by Muad'Dib
quote:
Originally posted by Darkside
you guys need to learn to use what you have, he's right. the fruity fx may seem simple, but they're not...you can do most everything you need with just them (except the distortion is, admittedly, really lacking).
settle down for a while, stop churning out the same shit and hone your skills.

HEY! Blood Overdrive is one of the best distorsions I have met up! Wink

sorry the blood over drive is complete shit in quality and isnt worth putting on anything....it will only make your track sound liek ass...

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

05-10-2005 02:40

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Darkside
yeah but once you get amplitube or somethin...
woo

antares tube...or ruby tube...any kind of analogue tube vst will do the trick...

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

05-10-2005 02:41
Darkside Darkside is a male
Old-School Rolla

Helpfulness rating: 

actually blood overdrive isn't quite even a distortion unit...it's for really light distortion.
05-10-2005 02:53
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

indeed I only use the blod overdirve to make old funkdrums sound more solid, to boost the power (I almst use it in almost every tune) On basslines it's absolute shit imo.

__

05-10-2005 11:50 Homepage of Emblem-X
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

quote:
Originally posted by Emblem-X
indeed I only use the blod overdirve to make old funkdrums sound more solid, to boost the power (I almst use it in almost every tune) On basslines it's absolute shit imo.

I use blood overdrive for kicks, and fast dist for snares, reeces and an occasional hardcore kick

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
05-10-2005 12:33 Homepage of Friscko

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Friscko
quote:

I use blood overdrive for kicks, and fast dist for snares, reeces and an occasional hardcore kick

dumb idea... the blood overdrive i guess would be alright for drums...to make those nice dist tramens....but you guys gotta start using more quality vsts...theyre out there, you just gotta get your hands on em...

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

05-10-2005 16:18
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

yeh , fast dist for fl isnt that good ,only tho give that nessesary grime , but you'll bletter usue the fruity loomps bmlood overdrive to pumpin up tha grime.
sorryf ro the spelling.
11-10-2005 19:34
Aron Tinnitus

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Surora23
quote:
quote:

dumb idea... the blood overdrive i guess would be alright for drums...to make those nice dist tramens....but you guys gotta start using more quality vsts...theyre out there, you just gotta get your hands on em...

it's a lo fi - lowcpu-usage option (for my P1 system here, remember? )

__

11-10-2005 19:43 Homepage of Friscko
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

The Blood Overdrive gives nice warmth to the distortion, unlike Fast Dist and such...

very few I know that give that warmth + it has some very nice options (x100 for ex.) but be careful with those Bigup

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
12-10-2005 03:57 Homepage of Muad'Dib

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

so what...it sounds like shit...quantity or quality... you pick..

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

12-10-2005 05:17
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Tubetech CL 1B mono valve compressor Pleased

thechronic has attached this image (reduced version):
CL-1B.jpg

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
12-10-2005 09:21 Homepage of thechronic
Aron Tinnitus

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:

what pick?
be able to actually hear what I do to my sound with fast dist or just have to make up fomr a heap of clicks and static what my sound has become?
i choose low-cpu, so i can at least hear what i do without having to render each fuckin time i twist a knob, i dont fucking care if its quality or not.
Quality if u got the cpu power for it ok, but I HAVENT GOT THAT
Mad

__

12-10-2005 12:45 Homepage of Friscko
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

Dude, you need a new PC!!! Im with you though, The fruity plugins arent all that bad at all, I use the blood over drive for drums a lot and it sounds fine to me. There are however a few other decent Direct X plugins that are reletivly low CPU usage and sound pukka. If you can fing it, The arboretum Hyperprism package is really cool, The sonic decimater and Tube warmth are my favourites, but there are loads of other nice ones too including a couple of really nice reverbs.
I think working on a low CPU computer is good in a way. You learn lots of little tricks to free up CPU usage, so when you get a decent system you can really get the most out of it. But you definatly need to get a good setup. Youd be amazed at how much you can improve and how much extra depth more Processor overhead will allow.
Anyway, BIT-CRUSHERS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by TechDiff: 12-10-2005 13:00.

12-10-2005 13:00
Darkside Darkside is a male
Old-School Rolla

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by TechDiff
I think working on a low CPU computer is good in a way. You learn lots of little tricks to free up CPU usage, so when you get a decent system you can really get the most out of it. But you definatly need to get a good setup. Youd be amazed at how much you can improve and how much extra depth more Processor overhead will allow.

very good words to all who use crap cpu's...i myself am upgrading from a 300 mhz to a 3.2 ghz sometime next week or so, and i'm really excited for the results.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Darkside: 12-10-2005 13:04.

12-10-2005 13:03

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:

what pick?
be able to actually hear what I do to my sound with fast dist or just have to make up fomr a heap of clicks and static what my sound has become?
i choose low-cpu, so i can at least hear what i do without having to render each fuckin time i twist a knob, i dont fucking care if its quality or not.
Quality if u got the cpu power for it ok, but I HAVENT GOT THAT
Mad

well then dont expect any advancements with your production...those are facts...deal with them...

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

12-10-2005 13:53
Aron Tinnitus

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
well then dont expect any advancements with your production...those are facts...deal with them...

so what? it's all just a learning process. and also it's not about waht u have, it's what u do with it.
and now stop naggin.

__

12-10-2005 14:04 Homepage of Friscko
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

Advancements in production skills is in no way related to the technology used, It is how imaginatively you use the equiptment you have.
One thing I hate is gear lust ie "all my tracks arent that good because I dont have this compressor and that eq and i cant run these effects, but when I get them, Im gonna make the best track ever!!" and then 3 months latter they're selling/uninstalling this compressor and that eq so that they can get something else, an THEN they'll make the best track ever.
People like that seem to go through a creative limbo and ultimately never produce anything worth listening to.
It is all about knowing you equiptment intimately and experimenting with what you have.
I love making feedback loops and recording scratched CD's, half the fun of music is experimentation, Think of John Cage or Robert Moog.
I think you can make some great music with just a mic, sound forge, and a little imagination, Just listen to the Mechanics of destruction album by Hurbert, Its all made from samples of a Big Mac Meal or tins of paint, or even ripping a pair of Boxer Shorts.
Im not saying that a descent computer isnt important, but to rely on technology is to deny your own worth as a musician.
12-10-2005 15:00
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

quote:
It is all about knowing you equiptment intimately and experimenting with what you have.
I love making feedback loops and recording scratched CD's, half the fun of music is experimentation, Think of John Cage or Robert Moog.
I think you can make some great music with just a mic, sound forge, and a little imagination

quoted for thruth.

__

12-10-2005 15:51 Homepage of Emblem-X

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:
I think you can make some great music with just a mic, sound forge, and a little imagination

quoted for thruth.

no i disagree...

there is truth in that...but you could have the coolest fucking idea layed out...it could be the dopest shti ever...BUT IF IT SOUNDS LIKE SHIT...ITS STILL SHIT!

again i repeat and ive said this a billion times... a simple mediocre track that is mixed down perfectly will get signed wayyyyyy before a track that is 100% groundbreak and has a shit mixdown...

iof your sounds suck...so does your track...

THAT IS TRUTH...

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

13-10-2005 03:46
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Bass Problems !