drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » DJ booth » DJ Gear » Changing a broken pop-up light to a HI-LED in a Technics SL-1210
Go to the bottom of this page Changing a broken pop-up light to a HI-LED in a Technics SL-1210
Author
Sexy Steppa

Registration Date: 26-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Hey do you guys know if and how you can fix your targetlights if they are broke? Is there an easy way or do you have to open your decks and stuff like that? (technics sl-1200)

__
Enter the place where madness enters your soul
26-06-2005 20:52
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

here, scroll down, it's chapter 6.3 Big Grin

you could maybe replace it by a blue led, like on the 1210MK5G. Looks cool, and lasts forever..you'll need to be handy tough..

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Friscko: 26-06-2005 21:27.

26-06-2005 21:21 Homepage of Friscko
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

The link friscko mentioned is definately one to bookmark. Most of the techniques described can also be used on a lot of other turntables. If you want some more info on the SL's, I have a service manual in PDF format. PM me if you want it.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
26-06-2005 22:29 Homepage of djfreemc
Sub-Skit Sub-Skit is a female
Sexy Steppa

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Friscko
...you'll need to be handy tough..

Oh oow problem....
you don't know a nice bloke who is handy or so? Big Grin

__
26-06-2005 22:51
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

For the people who are interested, I uploade the service manual file (3MB). You can find it here.

__
26-06-2005 22:58 Homepage of djfreemc
Sexy Steppa

Helpfulness rating: 

We're fixing the targetlights (finally had the courage/time), and man I really don't feel save when my deck is just open like that. You really have to put it totally open to be able to remove the little lamp. But it's getting fixed. And what a mess it was in there! Really needed a cleaning up !!!!

Two broken fuses, two broken 'ledjes' and a lot of 'solderen' later ... decks are clean and we were able to fix the 'ledje' but then we established that the ultrabright 'ledje' isn't so ultrabright... not enough light...

DAMNED WHY CAN'T SOMETHING WORK FROM THE FIRST TIME!!!!!

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sub-Skit: 31-08-2005 23:23.

31-08-2005 12:38
Aron Tinnitus

Helpfulness rating: 

so u just replaced it with another of those standard lamps or did u replace them by blu led's?

__

31-08-2005 23:22 Homepage of Friscko
Sexy Steppa

Helpfulness rating: 

yeah we tried it with an utrabright blue led but that blue led isn't so ultrabright... no blue light thus... so we are gonna try it with very bright leds from my friends pc and if that doesn't work we can go and search for a blue little lamp or just an ordinary little lamp and we just colour it Big Grin should have the same effect..

It was a lamp of 21 V and there was a 'Weerstand' in it, and we tought it was a weerstand that is always on the little lamp but it is only when you put the system down so your light goes out a little bit... so we 've put the led in the thingie PETS , conclusion don't put 21 V on a ledje Big Grin
So we had to put another weerstand in it to prevent it from going PETS again

What an adventure

And my targetlights STILL aren't fixed Burning

__
31-08-2005 23:31
Aron Tinnitus

Helpfulness rating: 

lol, sorry, i actually should've mentioned it, leds do 'pets' if u put more than 2 volt tru them. So get a weerstand that u get something like 1.7 or 1.8 volt through it, that way they'll shine the brightest.

And I've been told that white leds can have some blue-like shining too, and they're brighter i'd guess (they even use those in flashlights) + they last also a lifetime (unless u put more than 2 volt trough them Big Grin )

edit: and this last thing: leds'll shine into the top of that staafke where it's in, so it wont shine to bright onto the platter. You should try to find a solution with something that can reflect (a lil piece of shiny metal or something) or maybe try to find out (internet) how technics themselves did it on that one i posted up there

edit two: it could be they didn't use one of those bulletlike shaped led's but one which is a lil cube from which they plooied the two contact-strips 90° so it points at the platter

__

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Friscko: 31-08-2005 23:47.

31-08-2005 23:38 Homepage of Friscko
Sexy Steppa

Helpfulness rating: 

Indeed we figuered that out too but maybe they just use blue lights cauz the lights that are originally in it arn't leds...anyway we'll find a way

'ik moet en zal blauw lichtjes hebben!'

en that 90° turned led nowhere to be found zeker ;-) Exept at technics itself and they overcharge the thing... something like that it'll be

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sub-Skit: 31-08-2005 23:50.

31-08-2005 23:47
Aron Tinnitus

Helpfulness rating: 

My Mistake how about using led that shine 360° around
http://www.superbrightleds.com/specs/w45-360_specs.htm
they only have it in white there.

ow yeah what i meant with that 90°

is to "plooi" those two stokskes that come out 90° so it shines on to your plate, but you'll need a very small led to do this and still be able to push the 'targetlightholder' inside

maybe they have the led u looking for here
otherwise get informed in the st.katelijnevest?

__

01-09-2005 00:00 Homepage of Friscko
Sexy Steppa

Helpfulness rating: 

To plooi that one 90° that ain't gonna work I think and indeed maybe a 360° round shining one ...

I also sent a little mail already to 'een of andere' info service from the MK5G and asked after how they did it with the blue one...

Anyway TNX a lot for the help and I'll let ya know, 'hoe het afloopt'
grts

__
01-09-2005 00:12
$anka $anka is a male

Registration Date: 01-09-2005

hi all, i'm the guy who is helping sub-skit whit the targetlights.

To make a 90 degrees turned led of it, that aint gonna work whit this led's they are to big. but in the front of my computer case (antec sonata, for the people who know this case) are 2 blue led's that give light enough for my entire room. so i'm gonna remove those and see what they are gonna give on it.

and about the "pets" that she was talking about, yeah i knew that it's not good to put more than 2V on a led. But there was a resistor on it, and i thought that that resistor was gonna prevent the led from exploding. but i was wrong. But it looked cool, only sub-skit was sceared like hell, she tought that the turntable exploded Tongue
01-09-2005 07:43
Sexy Steppa

Helpfulness rating: 

eeeej don't make fun of me!!!! some expensive shit you're dealing with, don't wanne buy a new one (not for now) but we did a good job Pleased

__
01-09-2005 09:52
$anka $anka is a male

Registration Date: 01-09-2005

i know that it's expensive shit. but i'm carefull like you should already know Wink

i also was a little bit scared when it exploded, i don't wanna brake your deck.
but if you think about it know, is was quit funny. but we'll try the leds from my pc soon. if i have some time today i'm already gonna remove them, so we can maybe try it tomorow Wink
01-09-2005 10:25
Daemon79 Daemon79 is a male
Steppa

Registration Date: 24-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.50

quote:
Originally posted by Sub-Skit
yeah we tried it with an utrabright blue led but that blue led isn't so ultrabright... no blue light thus... so we are gonna try it with very bright leds from my friends pc and if that doesn't work we can go and search for a blue little lamp or just an ordinary little lamp and we just colour it Big Grin should have the same effect..

It was a lamp of 21 V and there was a 'Weerstand' in it, and we tought it was a weerstand that is always on the little lamp but it is only when you put the system down so your light goes out a little bit... so we 've put the led in the thingie PETS , conclusion don't put 21 V on a ledje Big Grin

I think LED's on 21V are shine very brightly Wink but maybe not for a very long time. Hope you now how to calculate the "weerstand" (resistor). Good luck though.
01-09-2005 20:40
Aron Tinnitus

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Friscko
[you could maybe replace it by a blue led, like on the 1210MK5G. Looks cool, and lasts forever..you'll need to be handy tough..

lol, and it all 'led' to a 'pimp my deck' whots next? get all the metal gold plated?
like:

__

01-09-2005 21:27 Homepage of Friscko
Sexy Steppa

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Daemon79
quote:
Originally posted by Sub-Skit

I think LED's on 21V are shine very brightly Wink but maybe not for a very long time. Hope you now how to calculate the "weerstand" (resistor). Good luck though.

heey we knew that already before it went pets didn't you read the explenation above? we saw it had already a resistor and we even changed that one cauz it wasn't the right one but we thought it was always on the led but the one that is in it only works when you put that targetlight down...that we didn't know , now we do :-)

Hehe pimp my deck yeah though about it too for several times, quite funny actually but don't like the colour of gold nor would I put my money in it but a blue light 'kan der wel af'

__
02-09-2005 01:23
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

You could try using a 3mm led and bending it 90°. Maybe it can slide in then. The easiest solution to get fitted I think would be a high brightness SMD led on a little piece of PCB board (with a SMD resistor on it to for the easiest). Then just use some silicone to keep it in it's place. To get the resistor right: use a variable resistor of 1K, attach it to the light power source and the led with a current meter in series to the led. Start with the maximum resistance and turn it down untill you read 20mA. Then shut it all off, and measure the resistance of the variable resistor. Round it up to an available resistor value, and that's the one you need Big Grin .

To pimp your deck further: paint it in poison green, or in camouflage colours (after all it's all a jungle Tongue )

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by djfreemc: 02-09-2005 22:57.

02-09-2005 22:54 Homepage of djfreemc
Aron Tinnitus

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by djfreemc
You could try using a 3mm led and bending it 90°.

To pimp your deck further: paint it in poison green, or in camouflage colours (after all it's all a jungle Tongue )

that was what i was telling..
yeah poison green, with some gold or silver flames Big Grin

__

02-09-2005 23:52 Homepage of Friscko
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » DJ booth » DJ Gear » Changing a broken pop-up light to a HI-LED in a Technics SL-1210