drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » The Music Programs
Go to the bottom of this page The Music Programs
Author
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

so you can route guitar and drums in reaktor eh?

the time strech is very flexable, there are different methods of timestreching for different sounds. you prboably had it ont he default BEat setting which is for drums. there is different grainular settings to better suit it, and if you know what you're doing, can be great strechs with very few artifacts. i thought it sucked till i read the manule.

albeton has an easy setup for controls also, in a button you can click and reassign all parameters with a simple GUI.

honestly though, i know reaktors is great, but i am saying. fucking albeton is just a host. it records sound and midi. maybe you don't like sequencing in it, i find it easy to beable to change note sizes with an easy button press here... except you have to specify how long you want it in advance which sucks.....

i never knew reaktor was a full vst support and a live sound recording sequencer. i apologize.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 29-06-2005 16:38.

29-06-2005 16:32 Homepage of Halph-Price
@1$-)
unregistered
lol......now now people.... Big Grin

ableton is good, hosts vsti and fx.....and theres nothing wrong with the time stretching....i always found it easy to use but a bit awkward .....but thats cause im so used to cubase now.

no halph price reaktor doesnt have vsyt support......but it doesnt really need it.....but you can use it to record. just route the soundcard in properly in preferences and away you go........you can then sequence your samples/recordings etc etc........but its not as intuitive as live, but it sounds better..like all native instruments stuff!!!! its only a subtle difference but its like the difference between an akai and emu sampler....or logic and cubase.

oh and tech diff ...whats wrong with the presets......their there to be tweaked......and many "pros" use them......their all over a lot of records!!!!! and to be hoinest ive used a lot of independently made ensembles as well and most of them are complete shite......apart from menace....which is sooooo good.
29-06-2005 17:29
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

i never use any instrument without layering with effects, and changing any preset .... but i don't have time to make my own synth from scratch. and as for presets. there are only so many good ways to use a synth. you'd figure there'd be a few in the presets.

yes i do use the reaktor presets Big Grin

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

29-06-2005 20:18 Homepage of Halph-Price
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Fruity Loops 5 (a must)
Sound Forge 6.0
Audacity
Anvil Studio
Amaizing Midi
Noteworthy Composer
M-audio's all software

plus lotsa plugins for FL studio (about 30 vst and vsti)

that was my arsenal Big Grin

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
02-07-2005 09:15 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3]
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » The Music Programs