drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Drum-sets ...
Go to the bottom of this page Drum-sets ...
Author
Sliced Slasher

images/avatars/avatar-1378.jpg

Registration Date: 16-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.17

Hey y'all, I still can't post my songs here so improvement is out of my league, I allready reviewed about 50 songs and I still don't have any producerrights so ... nobody can critisize my songs so I can't improve my skills ... I'm just a beginner in the D'n'B scene so ...

I don't know many drum-sets, I only now the basic kick snare kick snare kick snare stuff, but not the sub-snare and hihat placements ... so it's strange to ask but could someone give me some examples, hope you understand my question ...
I especially love camo's sets they are so constantly hitting and aggri, Jimmy C has a nice one in whore moans but I just can't re-make them, cause I don't know how to place anything ... Oh for sure I can make D'n'B but only the simple shit, I wanna go HIGHER BIGGER and wanna kick it like the real gangstas here ...

ei YO Chronic get your lazy ass outta the seat and give me some fuckin' rights man ! Big Grin now don't bann me for this ... cause I allready could have been once Tongue

Greetzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........zzzz.zz.....zzz...z.z.z...z..z.z.zzz...... PASSDA J

__

10-06-2005 18:07
DjSlut DjSlut is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 27-08-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

oops i did it again... sorry for double post, internet is hard when u are wasted Rasta Spliff My Mistake

__
VAS

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by DjSlut: 10-06-2005 22:41.

10-06-2005 22:34
DjSlut DjSlut is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 27-08-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

If i understand your question correctly, Confused

I dont think it works like that.

Your best bet is listening to DnB and trying to emulate the pattern. Pick a track and listen to it a lot, then try to make your fills coincide with the pattern in the song. You wont just get better straight away you will have to practice... The more u go at it the better u can hear the difference between what sounds rock and which dont. Then the sound your tunes and drum sets will get better.

Also try searching the site ("ghost snare" "drum pattern") , i am sure there are some threads already that will help. Bigup

Good luck

__
VAS
10-06-2005 22:36
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

you gotta email TheChronic or Surya ...surya will tell the chronic.

hell they'll probably read this and help you oot with the privelage

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

10-06-2005 22:48 Homepage of Halph-Price
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Chronic won't grant him the rights since he thinks the replies and reviews aren't good enough...

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

11-06-2005 09:52 Homepage of Surya
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

You have literally asked people to post copyrighted stuff on my site. And you say you don't care about copyright. So no, you won't get them and you never will.

Something else: I don't like the way you post. I've had to edit several of your posts already because you were going out of line. If you make tracks with the same teenage fuck off attitude I really don't want to hear them.

I think your best bet is to think for a while what you want to achieve on this site. If you just want to continue acting like a moron and give your stupid opinion on whatever you read then go ahead but one day I'll be fed up with it and ban you.

Or if you are half serious about making music and you would like to get some opinions from the knowledgeable people here you could wait a while and start from scratch, sign up as a different user, give some decent reviews and you'll probably get your producer rights if you act like a reasonable person so I won't know it is you.

quote:
Originally posted by PassDa J.
POST THE GOOD ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! upload now !!!!!! Gangsta Don't make me destroy you, oh bythe way ... who gives a shit about copyrights anyway, not me ...
Big Grin

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
11-06-2005 12:06 Homepage of thechronic
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

PWND!

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 11-06-2005 13:40.

11-06-2005 13:33 Homepage of Halph-Price
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Yeah, thechronic is right - if you can't handle the rules, beat it.

But I think you can, so please BEHAVE THYSELF, young padawan learner.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
11-06-2005 13:37 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by muaddib
Yeah, thechronic is right - if you can't handle the rules, beat it.

But I think you can, so please BEHAVE THYSELF, young padawan learner.

where have i heard that... oh ya, he told anakin....

didn't he end up killing small children?

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

11-06-2005 13:42 Homepage of Halph-Price
PassDa J. PassDa J. is a male
Sliced Slasher

Helpfulness rating: 

What do ya want huh ???? I've been behaving for 70 posts allready !!!
I'm getting a litlle unpatient isn't that normal ???? I allready reviewed around 20 songs dude ... It's like you're just waiting for me to post something bad, LIKE YOU HATE ME OR SOMETHING !

Damn I don't think it's me who's behaving like a litlle child dude but the rest of you, I've been friendly to evereyone and all... And don't say it's a lie ... because it isn't ...

I don't understand this anymore ... WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG? Must I behave like al litlle sissy girl to get some rights here and lick your asses constantly??? Cause I think D'n'B lovers aren't like that right????? Or are they????

__

11-06-2005 15:23
Daemon79 Daemon79 is a male
Steppa

Registration Date: 24-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.50

(I'll probably will get my ass kicked for this)
You could try to find some free webspace and post the links on this board. What's wrong with a teenage fuck off attitude anyway?
11-06-2005 17:10
Rude Rude is a male
I'm gonna get you

images/avatars/avatar-2314.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
25 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price
PWND!

@ halph: how do you do this kind of photoshopping???

__

11-06-2005 17:42 Homepage of Rude
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
I'm getting a litlle unpatient isn't that normal ???? I allready reviewed around 20 songs dude ... It's like you're just waiting for me to post something bad, LIKE YOU HATE ME OR SOMETHING !

Damn I don't think it's me who's behaving like a litlle child dude but the rest of you, I've been friendly to evereyone and all... And don't say it's a lie ... because it isn't ...

I don't understand this anymore ... WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG? Must I behave like al litlle sissy girl to get some rights here and lick your asses constantly??? Cause I think D'n'B lovers aren't like that right????? Or are they????

You have to understand that you are not always RIGHT. Make this cling in your mind and you will achieve higher status.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
11-06-2005 17:54 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Rude
quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price
PWND!

@ halph: how do you do this kind of photoshopping???

oh the website at the bottem left corner. it's a dynamic photo. Bigup

oh ya, and it's chronic's site. so, arguing only gets your ip banned.

i say get another username like THE MAN suggested.

all's good. just try to pretend to obey the rules, at the least!!!!! for all our sakes.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 11-06-2005 18:35.

11-06-2005 18:34 Homepage of Halph-Price
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

quote:

This really speaks for itself Big Grin

When you come back to this site when you are 5 years older and read this you will understand and will be ashamed of your younger self Wink

I gave you a really good hint in my post btw. Read it Wink

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
11-06-2005 18:48 Homepage of thechronic
@1$-)
unregistered
er.......its got very little to do with teenage attitude, theres e nuff childish people on the site (no disrespect intended). it comes down to the fact that you openly admitted you didnt give a shit about copywritten material and you encourage someone to post more.....even if you were joking you have to consider how this looks.......

ok.now you say you dont really understand copyright......let me explain this as simply as i can.....
you encouraged the dude who posted the star wars sampling tune to post it again at a better quality. his tune had sampled star wars, both the music and spoken bits from the movie......this basically violated their copyright.and they are totally within their right to take this dude and sue him for everything he owns......but the issue is mainly because it was posted on this site...which can result in the chronic getting sued as well. the result being no website........and probably some severe debt for one or two people

basically your not legally allowed to use anything that is copywritten...and then claim it as your own......yknow you cant "legally" sample a drum loop such as when the levee breaks by led zeppelin and then use it in your track.......ok realistically you CAN do it.....just dont post anything on here!!!!!!! thats the basics of it.......
11-06-2005 19:23
Daemon79 Daemon79 is a male
Steppa

Registration Date: 24-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.50

I think quite some people don't really understand copyright on this site, or what the effect can be if a site hosts copyrighted material, don't think this has something to do with bad intentions but more with ignorance.

some links that has been on this forum before:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/onemusic/legal/samplep01.shtml
http://www.breakbeat.hattrixx.co.uk/
http://www.simonv.com/music/tutorial/#3
11-06-2005 22:31
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

quote:

take a chill pill bro, i also had something like 70 posts when i got my producer rights..

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
11-06-2005 22:40 Homepage of Friscko
PassDa J. PassDa J. is a male
Sliced Slasher

Helpfulness rating: 

So this means I gotta look for a new name and restart all over again without y'all knowing it's me???

So i need to pretend I'm a whole diferent guy, and never can mension it's me PassDa J???

SO for instance I got prodcer rights under a different name, and y'all think my songs are good and suddently I say I'm PassDa ... I'll be kicked again???

And u will see it's me cause of my e-mail adres too huh? ...

I'm sorry about the other mails dude, I never knew this site was that serious ... can't I just appoligize ????

And I didn't know about the copyrights... but a question ... If I use a sample of the matric for instance ... they will sew me too or what? Cause there are allot of dudes who used samples here... I really don't understand ... or is it only the starwarsthing?

I didn't know you couldn't do that ... Sorry man jeesh Huh

__

12-06-2005 10:49
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Look, we simply can't risk hosting tracks with copyrighted stuff. IF they find out and IF they sue us, they can demand huge sums of money even though the site doesn't make money anyway...

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

12-06-2005 10:54 Homepage of Surya
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Drum-sets ...