drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Layering Breaks
Go to the bottom of this page Layering Breaks
Author
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 05-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

How do you layer the breaks you use in tracks with your own one-shot samples??
I often find this very hard to do, because the breaks usually have been humanized. Every hit is a few ms off.
I just wonder if there are any tips to make this simple?
06-06-2005 21:22
@1$-)
unregistered
er......try recycle, then put them in dr rex in reason and quantise them to the shuffle........rather then say 1/16 or 1/8 etc......youll still keep some of the swing then.
06-06-2005 21:53
wreakon wreakon is a male
evol genius

images/avatars/avatar-1689.jpg

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.83

slice the breaks up first! then you can use them like one shot samples with other drum hits

__
{{{d-_-b}}}

The Patch lab - Download free vst patches, banks and kits

mylamespace
07-06-2005 00:29 Homepage of wreakon
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

quote:
Originally posted by marine289
How do you layer the breaks you use in tracks with your own one-shot samples??
I often find this very hard to do, because the breaks usually have been humanized. Every hit is a few ms off.
I just wonder if there are any tips to make this simple?

why do so many damn people want short cuts...THERE ARENT ANY!!!!! get yourself a wave editor...spend the long ass time to cut samples when they meet the 0 mark, and program your own durms...

seriously guys...the onyl way to learn is to do it yourself...seriosuly...its not rocket science to program breaks guys...if you can program a strait break..im pretty confident most of you guys can be creative and do more...dont be lazy and resort to breakloops...unless you want some cool samples or wahtever...

I dont even know why i said that considering im working on breaks pack for the site...

but humanised? wtf are you tlaking about...even if they are...the difference does a ms make when you chop them up...seriously...get steinbergs wav lab...and do it up...

if you ask somethignlike this...ask for the best technics of cutting up breaks...not layering them with one shots...

sladflksadjflsajdflasjdflasjd

anyway...just cut those shoddy breaks up yourself...reprogram them in your own nice way...and program another break and layer that way...thats how it should be done...

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

07-06-2005 05:50
wreakon wreakon is a male
evol genius

images/avatars/avatar-1689.jpg

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.83

settle down surora!....offcourse there are easy ways to slice breaks.. you dont have to do it by hand! I know that cubase, FL and cool edit have beat slicing functions.

You should slice beats and totally rearrange em but you have to start somewhere.

__
{{{d-_-b}}}

The Patch lab - Download free vst patches, banks and kits

mylamespace
07-06-2005 12:00 Homepage of wreakon
@1$-)
unregistered
surora everyone uses loops/samples/breaks........you dont really think they get beats with swing through just step programming do you. lmfao!!!!! go read some interviews......and actually listen to professional recordings and then compare the beats to your own.......
07-06-2005 12:42
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Layering Breaks