drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Help with MIDI
Go to the bottom of this page Help with MIDI
Author
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2152.jpg

Registration Date: 29-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

Trying to get my synth to work with frooty Studio 4, I got it to work in Reason. If you have done it before and can help please let me know. The manual is just fusterating. Z Cry Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Cry

__
Nick & Erina Z
http://www.beatbiz.net/artist.php?USERID=493

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nick ZZ: 04-06-2005 21:36.

04-06-2005 21:35 Homepage of Nick ZZ
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

- First you need to make some settings. Go to options\midi settings and make sure the output device (your soundcard probably) has a port nr assigned.

- Then in the options menu, make sure that "enable midi output" is checked.

- Now all you need to do is make a new "midi out" channel. In the midi out setup, you set the channel nr. you just set up in the midi settings, and the port nr. as you set it on your external midi device.

I have tried this too, but it didn't work. So if it works with you, just let me know.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by djfreemc: 04-06-2005 22:25.

04-06-2005 22:24 Homepage of djfreemc
Nick ZZ Nick ZZ is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2152.jpg

Registration Date: 29-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

I spent a few hours and finally figured it out, it was in frooty that was giving me the problem, the directions that they provide with the program are not so great. Shocked I got it to sound with all of my insturments / FM7 / Pro 53 ...... a few more..... Now I just got to mess around with real time recording, at the moment I do it all in reason. I appreciate the help.

Nick Z

__
Nick & Erina Z
http://www.beatbiz.net/artist.php?USERID=493

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nick ZZ: 05-06-2005 22:38.

05-06-2005 22:37 Homepage of Nick ZZ
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Help with MIDI