drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Nice extensions for Firefox
Go to the bottom of this page Nice extensions for Firefox
Author
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

I found a great Firefox extension that you should try if you use Firefox: StumbleUpon

It adds a toolbar with a button that takes you to a random site each time you click it. This random factor is already very cool, but the best part is that you can bigup sites you like and boo sites you don't like and gradually it starts showing more and more cool sites that are of interest to you. I found some really neat stuff with it, and some really funny sites too.
I'm getting a better idea of the incredible vastness and diversity of the web now Cool

I also use:
- Web Developer - has some great tools to analyze web pages and to eg erase cookies, modify CSS on the spot etc
- ForecastFox - nice little extension that shows the weather of the upcoming days with little icons in your toolbar. Also great as a show off for internet explorer users Big Grin
- Google Pagerank Status - shows the Google PR of every site you visit, handy for search engine optimisation
- Tabbrowser Preferences - advanced settings for tabbed browsing, I use it mainly to prevent sites from opening a new browser window
- HTML Validator - instantly shows all HTML errors for every page you visit. Really handy when making websites.

Anyone else using some neat extensions?

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
02-06-2005 21:17 Homepage of thechronic
gls
Steppa

Registration Date: 10-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

I use these.

tweak network settings Helps to speed Firefox up. Bigup

download them all Lets you download all the files on a webpage in one go.

ieview Opens pages in IE that you cant open in Firefox.

reload every Automatically refreshes webpages so you dont have to keep pressing reset.

dictionary search Searches a dictionary lol.
03-06-2005 00:53
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

ieview: Adds "View page in Internet Explorer" links to the content and link context menu. Handy for previewing pages in IE, loading up IE-only pages when you run across them in Mozilla, etc.

Download Manager Tweak: A modification of the Firefox download manager that changes its appearance and allows it to be opened in a separate window, a new tab, or the sidebar.

Tabbrowser Preferences: Enables enhanced control for some aspects of tabbed browsing.

Disable Targets for Download: Prevents sites spawning blank windows when clicking binary downloads.

LastTab: Allows tab navigation in a most recently used manner. It modifies Ctrl-Tab to switch to recently selected tabs, rather than always go from left-to-right. It also focuses the most recently selected tab when a tab is closed.

Auto Copy: Select text and it's automaticaly copied to the clipboard. Like Trillian or mIrc

Copy Plain Text: Copies text without formatting Have you ever copied something to Thunderbird or Office and been annoyed that the text formatting (bold, font size, etc) came with it? Don't you wish you could just copy the text itself, without having to copy it, p

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

03-06-2005 07:25 Homepage of Surya
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Thanks for LastTab and Copy Plain Text Bigup

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
28-06-2005 23:12 Homepage of thechronic
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Don't forget you can use copy plain text in collaboration with auto copy Wink

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

29-06-2005 06:56 Homepage of Surya
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

i wanted to get a neat hair extension.... no Combustion Vulpes for me.

you were right about fillzilla... maybe i should convert from Avant Browser to Firefox. hmmm... i like the tabscroll bar. that's mostly it.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 29-06-2005 08:20.

29-06-2005 08:19 Homepage of Halph-Price
KoFFiE KoFFiE is a male
Easy Player

images/avatars/avatar-271.gif

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.83

I'll stick to Opera, I only use firefox in combination with the developers extention and DOM-inspector, which are both nice tools when designing a website Smile

__
Sleep is a poor substitute for coffee
29-06-2005 10:18 Homepage of KoFFiE
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Nice extensions for Firefox