Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

M-Audio Oxygen 8

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/...product_id/1149

8 knobs, 2 sliders

is it any good?

gls said he has velocity issues with it.. I want to know your opinions (are there better ones in the price range)

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
02-06-2005 12:57 Homepage of cynik
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

I have one & i think its pretty good especially for the price you pay. It does feel a little plasticy & they keys arent the best but ive never had any velocity issues with it. The knobs & sliders work brilliantly and the pitchbend & modulation wheels feel good.

For price, size, portability & value for money its great.
02-06-2005 13:49
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

thanx man Bigup

any more?

edit: the flaw, btw is obviously a fruity loops issue, and not of the machine itself.

__

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by cynik: 02-06-2005 15:42.

02-06-2005 14:06 Homepage of cynik
Rude Rude is a male
I'm gonna get you

images/avatars/avatar-2314.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
25 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

got one, the keys are kinda... dunno... not sensitive... I have to hit 'm hard... the data slider is for assigning the knobs, but you need to read the manual first to do that...

edit: does anyone knows how to make those keys less sensitive???

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Rude: 02-06-2005 15:57.

02-06-2005 15:51 Homepage of Rude
Nick ZZ Nick ZZ is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2152.jpg

Registration Date: 29-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

I have used thiers and also the Korg I just purchased, the korg mini controller is a step up and little bit more, at about 300 bones. It's def worth paying more, expecially if you can save some money and are serious about your music. Z

__
Nick & Erina Z
http://www.beatbiz.net/artist.php?USERID=493

02-06-2005 16:02 Homepage of Nick ZZ
gls
Steppa

Registration Date: 10-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

quote:
Originally posted by cynikedit: the flaw, btw is obviously a fruity loops issue, and not of the machine itself.

I don't think it is because it's just the same on Acid or Cubase, the modulation however works on other programmes so that is an FL issue, but the keys are just shit whatever its on. To be fair though it was cheap so I can’t really moan and it does a good job overall.

I'm never going to write a concerto on it but if you just want a cheap controller to play a few bass lines, trigger samples and twiddle some knobs them you cant knock it

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by gls: 02-06-2005 18:03.

02-06-2005 18:02
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

convinced! Smile

__
02-06-2005 20:56 Homepage of cynik
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

quote:
Originally posted by cynik
M-Audio Oxygen 8

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/...product_id/1149

8 knobs, 2 sliders

is it any good?

gls said he has velocity issues with it.. I want to know your opinions (are there better ones in the price range)

i have one as well...i dont have an issue with the sensitivity of the keys...you cna push them in slightly and they have an instant response...i hear this is how most and all midi boards are...as wel as actual hardsynths...

The onnly problem with mine is teh capadability with FL studio...which is capable with its own midi, such as a micro korg...etc...but my biggest thing is i have to re-install it everytime i plug it in...im still working on fixing this...but as far as the actual thing goes...

its a great size...rpetty chepa...i got mine for 99$ brand new...looks cool too...i say get one...

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

02-06-2005 23:41
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

rrite, am in a search for a used one / gotta save money for the vacation - really need it

but, if I dont find one cheap, Im prolly gonna get some more serious one in autumn..

, thanks fellas

__
03-06-2005 10:24 Homepage of cynik
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

VACATION? fuck that, you get a midi-controller.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

03-06-2005 12:18 Homepage of Halph-Price
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

why are they so small??
i want to be able to play low and hig tones together..
or am i just stupid and are there also bigger ones?

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
07-06-2005 00:00 Homepage of Friscko
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Friscko
why are they so small??

you mean the keyboard?

quote:
or am i just stupid and are there also bigger ones?

lol, there are bigger and/or with more octaves

quote:
i want to be able to play low and hig tones together..

you can, the midi controllers are configurable you know..

assigning buttons/sliders to pitch octaves up/down is very easy in most audio software

__
07-06-2005 10:01 Homepage of cynik
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

but still, bigger ones are more easy me think.
you wont have to turn loads of buttons to play the note u want.
and those small ones look like fcken toys Wink

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
07-06-2005 12:42 Homepage of Friscko
Arkitekt Arkitekt is a male
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Registration Date: 13-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.82

Well for the money your gonna pay i would personally go with the Edirol PCR's more sliders and faders and not that much more money... my .75 cents

no one had given him an answer about that so i figured i would...

ez ppl

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
14-06-2005 02:07 Homepage of Arkitekt
ROBTRONIX ROBTRONIX is a male
Tourist

Registration Date: 29-11-2004

Has anyone ever had problems with the M-audio Ozone keyboard?

Last week I was recording my buddies hip hop group, doing vocals thru the built in xlr jack on the ozone. I was also using the keyboard as the primary audio interface for the session and writing everything to the internal hard drive "powerbook g4 1.67 1.5 gig ram" After about 20 seconds into a take the recording would totally glitch out & stop.

This is very very frustrating for me.
Do you think it may just be because I was using the keyboard "via usb port" as the primary audio interface instead of using my external hard drive, & Final Scrath 2.0 Interface.

I really hope this is what the problem is, we have a session next week and Im going to try it the other way this time.

Thanks,
Tronix

__
http://www.robtronix.com
Subliminal Funk
Koala-Tea
14-06-2005 15:56 Homepage of ROBTRONIX
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

undoubtedly Im gone for a more serious one in the winter

infos appreciated

__
14-06-2005 16:15 Homepage of cynik
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

quote:
Originally posted by ROBTRONIX

Last week I was recording my buddies hip hop group, doing vocals thru the built in xlr jack on the ozone. I was also using the keyboard as the primary audio interface for the session and writing everything to the internal hard drive "powerbook g4 1.67 1.5 gig ram" After about 20 seconds into a take the recording would totally glitch out & stop.

Do you think it may just be because I was using the keyboard "via usb port" as the primary audio interface instead of using my external hard drive, & Final Scrath 2.0 Interface.

I really hope this is what the problem is, we have a session next week and Im going to try it the other way this time.

Thanks,
Tronix

Sounds more like a software problem to me. If there was a problem with the keyboard it wouldn't start recording. It's probably not the hard drive either, modern drives can easily record 16 tracks in 16 bit, even on firewire.

What have you tried to solve it?

Try installing the latest drivers. Try using different software (which are you using?), and try reinstalling the Mac. You should definitely use a freshly installed OS if you plan on using audio software BTW. This is really easy on Mac since you can chose the partition you wish to boot from.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
14-06-2005 19:48 Homepage of thechronic
ROBTRONIX ROBTRONIX is a male
Tourist

Registration Date: 29-11-2004

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
quote:
Originally posted by ROBTRONIX

Thanks,
Tronix

Sounds more like a software problem to me. If there was a problem with the keyboard it wouldn't start recording. It's probably not the hard drive either, modern drives can easily record 16 tracks in 16 bit, even on firewire.

What have you tried to solve it?

Try installing the latest drivers. Try using different software (which are you using?), and try reinstalling the Mac. You should definitely use a freshly installed OS if you plan on using audio software BTW. This is really easy on Mac since you can chose the partition you wish to boot from.

hmmmm, you think it may be the software. Im using Cubase SX3 & the Mac is only 2 months old. Its dedicated to audio and nothing else.
Im pretty sure I have the latest drivers for Cubase, & im also not running Tiger OS yet because of all the bugs.

I havent tried recording vocals thru the Firewire interface yet, but I will very soon. Do you still recomend reinstalling the OS and everything? You dont think it just might be the usb keyboard? Everything else has been working fine since then.

__
http://www.robtronix.com
Subliminal Funk
Koala-Tea
14-06-2005 20:10 Homepage of ROBTRONIX
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Hardware » M-Audio Oxygen 8