drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Nu choons » pendulum nu skool breaks
Go to the bottom of this page pendulum nu skool breaks
Author
unregistered
anyone heard the pendulum nu skool breaks tracks on breakbeat kaos???
absolutly top notch, now watch all these dnb heads turn to breaks. mwuahahahahahaha.
29-05-2005 18:00
broadside broadside is a male
mentalist

images/avatars/avatar-1818.jpg

Registration Date: 17-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

sounds interesting, but im a bit tired of pendulum . . . what are the tracks called?

Chaase & Status do some decent breakage aswell as drum and bass . . . something unconvinving about it though, its a bit formulaic.

Best ever breaks song for me . . . Lickle Rolla by Blowfelt. Hahaha I literally almost spent about a year of my life walking round with that on my walkman on constant playback Big Grin
29-05-2005 18:18
@1$-)
unregistered
yeh but its not typical pendulum, im not sure of track names yet
29-05-2005 18:22
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

about time Pendulum entered the breaks imo

could be interesting, do ya have a link munki ?

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
29-05-2005 18:22 Homepage of cynik
@1$-)
unregistered
nope, i just heard them on www.ibreaks.co.uk
29-05-2005 18:23
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by MUNKI C

shit, I just barely turned it off Mad

__
29-05-2005 18:24 Homepage of cynik
@1$-)
unregistered
apparantly one of thems called "out here"
29-05-2005 18:25
@1$-)
unregistered
quote:
Originally posted by cynik
quote:

shit, I just barely turned it off Mad

no it was earlier on in the show anyway........
29-05-2005 18:26
mentalist

Helpfulness rating: 

http://forum.breakbeat.co.uk/tm.asp?m=886501

might be useful . . . if its a collab with the freerstylers im chuffed, i think they are wicked.

an evol intent dubstep tune . . . thats would be fucking awesome!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by broadside: 29-05-2005 18:29.

29-05-2005 18:28
mentalist

Helpfulness rating: 

I dunno if this is what you were on about Munki C, but I just got hold of "Fasten Your Seatbelt" by Pendulum vs Freestylers . . . its fucking wicked . . . really really cool . . . nice on for pointing this one out Bigup

"ladies and gentlemen . . . . fasten your seatblets"
Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance
29-05-2005 18:44
@1$-)
unregistered
the out here tune is much better than the freestylers one
29-05-2005 18:46
Nasty&Twisted Nasty&Twisted is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-1124.jpg

Registration Date: 21-11-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

Can't believe you people like this, i'm really dissappointed with what i've heard so far from there new album, whatever happened to tunes like vault, back to you, voyager, bacteria rmx?
30-05-2005 10:00
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Nasty&Twisted
Can't believe you people like this, i'm really dissappointed with what i've heard so far from there new album, whatever happened to tunes like vault, back to you, voyager, bacteria rmx?

guess thats evolving for ya

__
30-05-2005 10:46 Homepage of cynik
@1$-)
unregistered
well most producers that just bring out the same sounds/type of tune over and over are just in it for the money really, which is fair enough....but it doesnt do any scene any good. (lol...see twisted individual.......generation dub etc)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by utter muppet: 30-05-2005 19:24.

30-05-2005 19:23
Cool Steppa

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
well most producers that just bring out the same sounds/type of tune over and over are just in it for the money really, which is fair enough....but it doesnt do any scene any good. (lol...see twisted individual.......generation dub etc)

I kinda disagree, because i don't think they would have choosen dnb as a way to make money, there are a lot more profitable genres out there. It's more a matter of taste, some people prefer dancefloor tunes, some deeper stuff, or some prefer dark stuff and some cheesy dancefloor-tracks which is fine.
31-05-2005 09:56
@1$-)
unregistered
look i hate to tell you this but drum n bass really isnt very underground anymore......its kind of standard now a days.........and there is money in it for the likes of pendulum, ram (theyve now sold something like a quater of a million copies of valley of shadows!!!!!! and its on their own label!!!!) and the larger name djs etc etc etc . ok production isnt the best way to make money, but the best djs are the producers.....cause they get to spin their own fresh stuff. anyway i dont really mean they got into it because of the money, but let me put it this way.......you just sold x amount of records, the label and the public loved it, you give the label a new tune, and they say,,,,,"sorry but we want another tune like the last one........" ok youve got a choice, you either say fuck you and walk away, and struggle to put food on the table.....or you say ho hum fuck it lets keep hammering out a bunch of tunes exactly the same and make a living....cause thats what the label want...to make money!!! and for the mean time youve found a winning formula......

im not totally against this..........i just dont believe it keeps dancefloors very fresh....

which is why its nice to see pendulum making breaks.....it means hes getting a wide range of influences and trying different styles, which can only be good in the long run.......and its why its better than just re hashing a bunch of his old tunes.

the only constant is change!!!
31-05-2005 17:07
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
hes getting

you mean "they"

__
31-05-2005 17:11 Homepage of cynik
@1$-)
unregistered
dont be picky!!!
31-05-2005 17:14
Cool Steppa

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
look i hate to tell you this but drum n bass really isnt very underground anymore......its kind of standard now a days.........and there is money in it for the likes of pendulum, ram (theyve now sold something like a quater of a million copies of valley of shadows!!!!!! and its on their own label!!!!) and the larger name djs etc etc etc . ok production isnt the best way to make money, but the best djs are the producers.....cause they get to spin their own fresh stuff. anyway i dont really mean they got into it because of the money, but let me put it this way.......you just sold x amount of records, the label and the public loved it, you give the label a new tune, and they say,,,,,"sorry but we want another tune like the last one........" ok youve got a choice, you either say fuck you and walk away, and struggle to put food on the table.....or you say ho hum fuck it lets keep hammering out a bunch of tunes exactly the same and make a living....cause thats what the label want...to make money!!! and for the mean time youve found a winning formula......

im not totally against this..........i just dont believe it keeps dancefloors very fresh....

I don't think Fresh is saying against the pendulum-guys, yo guys i want 3 more Another Planets, 3 more Vaults.... I think they have more creative freedom than that.

And again, there are a lot more profitable genres of music out there that would love to have producers like pendulum on board. Plus apart from in the UK drum and bass is till pretty underground everywhere else, and even in the uk i don't think there are that many people getting rich by spinning and/or making dnb, people like Andy C, Hype, Grooverider, Roni Size... are probably earning more than decent money but those are the absolute A-list of our scene and they still make less than the likes of Tiesto, Sasha and all those others techno/trance-dj's. For example if a track sells more than a couple of thousands of records these days it has done well, the best selling tune this year has been X-Ray with a world wide sale of something around 15 000 copies, not that spectucalor if you ask me.

quote:
which is why its nice to see pendulum making breaks.....it means hes getting a wide range of influences and trying different styles, which can only be good in the long run.......and its why its better than just re hashing a bunch of his old tunes.

the only constant is change!!!

man that breaks tune is by far there worst tune to date
31-05-2005 18:50
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Fasten Your Seatbelt sounds a lot like a too slow DnB tune to me, they use the same sounds as in their DnB tunes. But it's still pretty nice offcourse Smile

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

31-05-2005 18:53 Homepage of Surya
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Nu choons » pendulum nu skool breaks