drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » i wanna start using my virtual keyboards in my tunes but......
Go to the bottom of this page i wanna start using my virtual keyboards in my tunes but......
Author
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

how can i get my pc to record my virtual synths like absynth and fm7 without recording other things like:

if i play a file say a drum track of somthin but i want to record with absynth on top of this, at the moment it records both things and i cant get round this problem Cry

i'm sure this is a common theme with all produces at some stage but i would appreciate any solutions to this Huh

may i add i can record midi without any problems..
Smile
thanks for any feedback soldiers...

Glimmer Bigup

__
My Sounds
28-05-2005 17:27
Soi Soi is a male
Super Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-2543.jpg

Registration Date: 29-01-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
15 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

what sequencer do you use?

__
a myspace
my tunes
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."
28-05-2005 17:31 Homepage of Soi
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

an idea which might help: play your tune over an independent source (discman, mp3 player, whateva) on headphones which you lower so you can hear the speakers

then record... use for ex. audacity or some other multi track editor to put them 2gether.

that worked for me while recording some hiphop Big Grin

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
28-05-2005 17:34 Homepage of cynik
Soi Soi is a male
Super Moderator

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by cynik
an idea which might help: play your tune over an independent source (discman, mp3 player, whateva) on headphones which you lower so you can hear the speakers

then record... use for ex. audacity or some other multi track editor to put them 2gether.

kinda akward for modern times + modern computers + modern sequencers, no? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Anyway, all sequencers should be able to record over pre-recorded stuff, so it's prolly one minor detail that needs to be fixed

__
a myspace
my tunes
28-05-2005 17:39 Homepage of Soi
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

you can...

you use fruity right?
if you use a midi controller this will be easier but you can do it by using your keyboard...

but if you use fruity...take one of your intruments such as fm7 or absynth, whichever...Open the channel in a new pattern on your full view....and then hit record so its lit...then play your notes just like you would when automating an effect....and hit stop when youre done...

Be sure that you only have one instrument in thatpattern (make sure its an empty un named pattern first) and you should be good to go...

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

28-05-2005 18:09
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

quote:
Originally posted by Surora23
you can...

you use fruity right?
if you use a midi controller this will be easier but you can do it by using your keyboard...

but if you use fruity...take one of your intruments such as fm7 or absynth, whichever...Open the channel in a new pattern on your full view....and then hit record so its lit...then play your notes just like you would when automating an effect....and hit stop when youre done...

Be sure that you only have one instrument in thatpattern (make sure its an empty un named pattern first) and you should be good to go...

i forgot to add... if you want to hear the pace of a drum track you wont actually get the sounds of a drum track...but you can place teh step timer thing on...and it will click for every beat...(i forget what its called)

BUT ALSO what you could try....

is in your pattern....
Play your song...with the record button on...and record your notes... into the empty pattern...what this should do is alow you to hear whats being played in tehr est of the song, but youll be recording that VSTI into that pattern and that only...

thats as much as i could think of...good luck Big Grin

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

28-05-2005 18:11
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by Soi
quote:

kinda akward for modern times + modern computers + modern sequencers, no? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Anyway, all sequencers should be able to record over pre-recorded stuff, so it's prolly one minor detail that needs to be fixed

yeh, come to think, it was way back in early 199ish.. software used was the fasttracker2 Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
28-05-2005 18:13 Homepage of cynik
Soi Soi is a male
Super Moderator

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
yeh, come to think, it was way back in early 199ish.. software used was the fasttracker2 Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Wiihiii!!! those times,
a whole screen full of flashing A,G,C,F,D,#,#,#1-2,3-4,A,G,#,1-8's...
looked like music in Ascii...
Bigup

__
a myspace
my tunes
29-05-2005 13:48 Homepage of Soi
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

Not sure wether it is midi or sound output you want to record.

For recording sound output you could try this:
Use a multi-track recording program such as audacity. You just open 2 channels, put the sounds you want to play along to (eg drums) in the first channel and let those play. Then you open a second channel and press record. Normally only the input not coming from audacity (such as your synth) will be recorded. after you can export the second channel to a seperate file.

For recording the midi signals, do as Surora23 explained Wink

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by djfreemc: 29-05-2005 14:02.

29-05-2005 13:58 Homepage of djfreemc
wTrouble wTrouble is a male
Sponsor

Registration Date: 01-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

I've used Acid to do what you need to, but I'm sure there is a load of other stuff out there that can also do it too.

:edit - that's the software by the way, not the hallucinogen Shocked

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by wTrouble: 12-06-2005 12:50.

12-06-2005 12:49
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » i wanna start using my virtual keyboards in my tunes but......