drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » kontakt vs FL (automation/controllers)
Go to the bottom of this page kontakt vs FL (automation/controllers)
Author
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1681.jpg

Registration Date: 19-03-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

little problem:

in fruity, i normally easily link a controller, or automate something. also other vst and vsti. but with kontakt2, and battery2, it doesn't work. Tried everything: record and move a button; it doesn't memorise it, link to controller, edit event, cant be selected. fruity wrapper menu is also empty.

anyone has some more ideas Confused

thanks in advance...
27-05-2005 13:54 Homepage of wicked_wayz
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

Dam man your right, I just tried automation with my brand new Kontact 2 in Cu-base SL, that was supposed to be one of the main new features. Sorry I couldn't be of help, hopefully someone can. I will try to get to the bottom of this, when I hear something I'll let you know. "CHEERS" +++Stu Maggoo+++ Frown

__
Space
27-05-2005 16:51
@1$-)
unregistered
lol.

is it a "legal" copy of kontakt!!!!?!?!?!? Big Grin or even fruity for that.....
can sometimes make a difference, not all cracks etc work properly.
27-05-2005 16:55
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by MUNKI C
lol.

is it a "legal" copy of kontakt!!!!?!?!?!? Big Grin or even fruity for that.....
can sometimes make a difference, not all cracks etc work properly.

it seems to pose a problem when one of the proggys is original but the other isnt. if both are illegal copys - there's a better chance it will work tho (don't ask me why)

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
27-05-2005 17:24 Homepage of cynik
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

I don't really understood what you were saying, but I think you have problems with automating the settings on a VST-i in FL studio which you imported to it.

Well, I will refer to the help file of FL Studio 5 where it says that it cannot automate controls on 3rd party VST plugins because they are not the same as the Fruity Plugins which are able for automation... except they have some recognizable MIDI connectivity etc.

I cannot find the exact part of the manual, because I read that few months before.

But that MIDI connectivity is what you should seek for. If your VSTi can be connected via MIDI controllers, you can connect it to a X-Y controller, and automate that controller, which will move the knobs/switches of the VSTi.

Hope that helped.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
28-05-2005 03:52 Homepage of Muad'Dib
wicked_wayz wicked_wayz is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1681.jpg

Registration Date: 19-03-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

succes Big Grin

after listening to my good friend 'manuel' (a more then 100 page thing, i thougth just served towards being a coaster for my beer).

automate: in kontakt2, open the browser menu. select the 'host' tab. this gives you the same bloody list of #000 , 001 etc. Now drag a number to the control you want to automate, eg the amount of modulation. than, the number you chose, eg #000 changes name and becomes 'intensity' (the correct name for the lfo amount slider).

next, click in the wrapper for kontakt on the menu (the small plug sign in upper right corner). select 'browse parameters'. this gives you the same list, but #000 is called 'intensity' now. than, rightclick on that name, and select 'edit event'.

talking about making things 'less complicated' Roll Eyes

linking a controller: the same menu also gives 'midi' in the host tab of the browser menu for kontakt. new list, now with cc numbers... and this is where i'm stuck for assigning a controller.

anyone care to take it up to the finishline? i'm fresh out of ideas.
28-05-2005 10:06 Homepage of wicked_wayz
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

talk about intuitive, eh?

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

29-05-2005 07:01 Homepage of Halph-Price
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » kontakt vs FL (automation/controllers)