drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Track IDs » Quest for the source
Go to the bottom of this page Quest for the source
Author
mentalist

images/avatars/avatar-1818.jpg

Registration Date: 17-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

Right I'm after the very first tracks taht got me into jungle, probably was 1993 - 1994, maybe a bit later. I have this hazy memory of my sister caning it, but shed dubbed it of pirate radio, so neither us know the name.

I NEED to get this tune, when i get it its gonna fucking blow my mind, its going to be like time travelling. If you can help me out, I'd appreciate it so much.

Right, how to describe it.

Now that I think about it, its got a bit more of a steady beat to it than most of the jungle of that time, but i remember that the dj playing it was Jumping Jack Frost, and that the rest of the stuff was proper mental jungle.

So over this relatively formulaic beat you got a man, or maybe a group of em, half humming half singing this kind of tribal riff: mmmmmm mm mm mmmmmm /new bar, down a key or so mmmmmmmmm mmm mm mm. If you played it on piano, it would go something like:

C held for about a second, then two quick notes, B flat and A flat, before holding a G for a bot a second. Thats the first bar. Then its same timing but this time Bflat A flat Gnatural F natural.

If you play that, and you know the tune, you will know what Im on about Bigup

Another one Im quite curious about was this one with emceeing part of the actual tune - or at least I think it was. The chat goes something like this:

Just tellin ma mudda / tellin ma sister / tellin ma dadda / tellin ma brudda / please (something) up / completely dont undestand the next bit / then he shouts/sings "me say Murder! All a de jungle!" then everything goes quiet, and you just hear him panting like hes struggling for breath. then he goes "ooda o" or something lol and it drops leaving you going Rinse like you cant help yourself.

If you know this one, again it'll unbelievably good to hear it again.

And while Im at it, I may aswell say one more. Again its jungle, again its got a half singing half emceeing part attatched to it, where the guyg goes "matica matica nine nine nine!"

big up all the true junglists out there who are gonna help me out on this one Bigup it will fucking make my month just hearing these tunes again Big Grin
21-05-2005 11:40
broadside broadside is a male
mentalist

Helpfulness rating: 

right well ive got the last and ;east importnat 'matica matica 999' one.

its congo natty 'Code Red'. Absolute KILLER!

Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance

any ideas on the others?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by broadside: 21-05-2005 13:51.

21-05-2005 13:26
mentalist

Helpfulness rating: 

Come on, I'm hitting my head against a brick wall tryinbg for these tunes . . . wheres all the older generation Jungle lovers?
31-05-2005 21:10
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

I wouldn't know, i listened to jungle radio too, back then, but i was only five or six, so i dont remember shit about it.
Except for me beeing very very sad when the station suddenly dissappeard Cry
The only tune i remember from back then was Shy Fx's Original nuttah

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
31-05-2005 21:16 Homepage of Friscko
mentalist

Helpfulness rating: 

Right listen up! I was just checking out the friction and zinc back 2 back set over at Drum'nBass. And there the fucker is!!!!

Check out the singing at 8:50!!!! thee oooooh ooh ooh ooh singing. Right someone is blatently gonna no what it is, if theres a new remix of it out! I beg someone put me out of my misery here!!! Come on . . .
03-06-2005 14:59
mentalist

Helpfulness rating: 

RIght you bunch of fucking useless wankers Wink Wink Wink

I got it mysself now . . .

Its Leviticus - The Burial, from '94 apparantly, which means that this tune is taking me back to when I was nine!!! The Power fo Music!!!

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Dance Dance Dance
03-06-2005 15:48
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

So great if you can depend on the community for all your questions Big Grin

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
03-06-2005 15:49 Homepage of thechronic
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Track IDs » Quest for the source