drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Adding effects to MIDI channels in Cubase
Go to the bottom of this page Adding effects to MIDI channels in Cubase
Author
evol genius

images/avatars/avatar-1689.jpg

Registration Date: 05-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.83

ok, so im trying to get the hell away from fruity loops and move to cubase Big Grin . ive got battery cranking for my drums and absynth pumbing out some fat bass!... now i just want to add some effects to my bass or drums... but how?? i can add effects to audio channels easy, but what are all these midi effects??

Question: How do i add normal effects to midi channels?

cheers

__
{{{d-_-b}}}

The Patch lab - Download free vst patches, banks and kits

mylamespace
20-05-2005 11:59 Homepage of wreakon
Room 24
Tourist

Registration Date: 01-02-2005

You Go to panels open VST Channel mixer 2 and there you can insert all the effects you need.
20-05-2005 12:09
wreakon wreakon is a male
evol genius

Helpfulness rating: 

yeah, i can insert the midi effects but i just want simple reverb??

__
{{{d-_-b}}}

mylamespace
20-05-2005 12:36 Homepage of wreakon
@1$-)
unregistered
ok go to the mixer section.........you will notice if you move along all the channels that there are two channels for the midi instrument you have selected...(not always next to each other!!!)...one of these woill open up the window where you insert midi fx, the other will open up something similar to an audio channel, you can insert fx like you normally would here.

and why dont you just re wire fruity to cubase, saves a lot of hassle.......it will be aeasier than using battery
20-05-2005 14:35
evol genius

Helpfulness rating: 

ahh..got it! thanks Big Grin

battery seems just as easy and way more flexible... although i will miss the slicer Cry

__
{{{d-_-b}}}

mylamespace

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by wreakon: 20-05-2005 16:44.

20-05-2005 16:43 Homepage of wreakon
@1$-)
unregistered
yeh battrery is good, i just found it was better for more bizarre styles like downbeat hip hop in a dj shadow and fortet stylee........

its a pity there isnt a step sequencer exactly like reasons redrum but as a vsti, it would save me having to rewire.
20-05-2005 16:47
evol genius

Helpfulness rating: 

i tried rewire, but is sucks not being able to see all your patterns on the same screen.

__
{{{d-_-b}}}

mylamespace
21-05-2005 01:30 Homepage of wreakon
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Adding effects to MIDI channels in Cubase