drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Party headz » check that DOUR line-up!!!
Go to the bottom of this page check that DOUR line-up!!!
Author
Massive Junglism

images/avatars/avatar-239.jpg

Registration Date: 20-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

entered the dnb tent when yogi started,didn't know wot to expect as i never heard of him b4,his trackselection was very nice(polluted soul,king of the jungle n that kind of stuff),but instead of really mixing the tracks he just let the incoming track role over the outplaying,after he plays the whole track so he lots like the half of his set to play more tracks
wontime arranged the mixing stuff tho,as usual,but then again i was only active on some tracks.. :?
dj craze's intro was heavy,don't know nothing bout hip hop but i liked it Cool
altho during the dnb set he was scratching too ... "random"..(played coming in good Cool )
and i must agree with escobas i didn't like all the tunes he played
no comment on the marky&xrs set,i don't like brazilian influenced dnb that much..
peshay's track choices were sometimes funny,but it was a pitty to see a lot of ppl leaving the room when he begun,here it got better again for me tho
fabio played some good tracks,but i wasn't in form anymore,my feet hurted a lot and i was happy when we left
anyway thanx to synsic for making the omweg so we got there ezily(except when we lost our way..),and thanx to hans for driving us back to leuven,u made the travelling back less hard
all by all i'm glad i went :wink:

__

13-07-2003 23:05
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

wrote a little revieuw in dutch on decs.be Smile (too lazy to write in english Smile )

http://www.desc.be/forum_v7/forum_posts....=299&PN=1&TPN=3

cheerz emblem

__

14-07-2003 15:38 Homepage of Emblem-X
groeveij
Tourist

Registration Date: 27-06-2003

yeaaaaah, it was soooo HOT. Glad we found a way to keep ourselves cool and stuff with all kinds of material we found round our tents Pleased Saw some very nice concerts.. I'm 2 lazy for the moment to write a whole description of my dour but I sure can tell I very much enjoyed it. thumbs up 2 the ones I ran into who know me and the afterpartymassive, é airfull Banana
Truely getting back next year if lineup is worth comin'.

__
wasted kru
15-07-2003 12:52
Airfull Airfull is a female
Sexy Lady

images/avatars/avatar-24.jpg

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

*g* wink @ knine=> by now you know what it means Tongue

afterpartywiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii....
they were soBanana : banana :Banana
first you c groeveij being wasted...but just a 'lil....with a 'lil J in his hands somewhere in a festival tent...
and then you c groeveij again @ the afterparty...being wasted..massive..with a huuuge J in his hands...
u should have seen his eyesROFL Fuckyou ROFL

ih ih ih Big Grin

Woot

__

ONE BULLET? TWO BULLETS? THE THIRT ONE IS THROUGH MY HEAD!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Airfull: 17-07-2003 10:42.

17-07-2003 10:41
knine knine is a male
Lawless

images/avatars/avatar-72.jpg

Registration Date: 09-04-2003

That's why I have 3 pair of shades Cool and believe me... Did I made somebody happy with those... His eyez where shut too far Doped to get on his *suffen fiets*...

This bunny didn't do a lot af *stampin* no more either... Doped

I'll give a review too for the hack of it:

Left wednesday with Suv, after a meal prepared by his misses (njummééé)Kiss . Made a quick arrangement with D.O.C. to pass-on some Artist Parking Passes I got from Muziek-O-Droom...Gangsta

We left with I Kamanchi-album in the systemListen Dance (another gift from MOD, ideal workin' place peepz!!!!)

Drive drive drive, took a stop way after Brussels and changed the wheel. They didn't sell phonecards of any kind in the shop and totally no long papers at all, Huh darn darn darn.... drive drive drive

Finally, "Exit Dour", with some fresh hasjies lyin' on the dashboard Spliff we took a right from the freeway smoothly towards...........................................

The bloody policeHuh Shocked , who were checkin cars. Suv didn't notice at first , so I slowed down, told Suv to put it away, which he still didn't getDoped Wink so we drove smooth and steady (system-volume decreased drasticly) passed an officer who I charmed with a (not so sober) smile Pleased (I even took of my shades,which was VEEEEEEEERY risky Big Grin )... They were busy with two other cars filled with white rastafari's Rasta and their "barbeque-spices"...

We arrived at the front of the mine-buildings and went to check if we could already enter the parking and campsite. We pulled out our Artist Parking Pass to fill it in: "Jamie Lidell Thursday 11 -07-03"DJ

Checkpoint 1: "Euh, what's that?" "A Parking pass Miss" "Ah, oh, ok, wait a sec..." french murmlin' a guy comes up... "This is a copy, no?" Knownothing "I don't know sir, we got them from MOD where we work. We gotta do promo-stuff for Jamie..." "Oh, aaaaah, OK, straight ahead..." hèhèhèhè SUCKERZZZZZZZ Hihi ROFL

Checkpoint 2: "Eé, oh, pas par ici hein Foei (not this way Big Grin )" "We got an Artist parking pass dude"Afro "Ah, oh, but it's not open yet..." "Is it close to the camp-site?" "No, the first regular parking is closer" "Well ok, can we park in the front then" "Yes, yes no problem"

Conclusion, we saved ourselves 5 whole euro's... Roll Eyes

To the entrance then. Where do we get our tickets? Confused nowhere... only 4daytickets including camp were given Argue
how long do we gotta wait? Didn't know. Some serious organisation Wallon goin' on... we could enter the camp. Prrr

Darn, massive check-up on bags and stuff. Let's play this like good boys. "Sir, can I leave my 5 litre can of Jup, choco and jelly over here? I'll put the tent up and come back to take it to the car (to get rid of the water and refill the bottles with gold beverage)..." "Ok" Bigup
Found a nice spot, pretty close to everythin... Put up the tent, rolled some, smoked some, drank some smuggled bacardi, made great throw/smuggle-things-over-the-fence-plans, and finally went back to just get it. Personel switched shifts and our stuff too. Bye bye beer Cry Censored Burning Fuckyou

Peepz that were expected didn't arrive... Got a call at 4 am. "Hey man, we arrived, but we're not allowedto enter the camp anymore".Argue Fuckyou Went over there, had this DDR/Iron curtain-converstaion through the fence with my chap and went back to sleep... like HELL NO!!! Forgot my sleepin' bag and found nothin' more than a small towel to coverme up. On top, Suv had already beaten me up during some wrestling and my (already broken once) shoulder was killin' me. Death

Woke up at 05.50... rolled over once, had to get out of the tent by seven 'cuz is was too hot...

Our tentcamp started growin Hug , fresh herb stashes were supplied Spliff and the sun was scorchin' us. Sun A Red Bull tent was put up and we enjoyed Ragga and dancehall beats (a bit of DnB in between)

We went to welcome DOC and Nupke and there they were, our super DnB-couple Kiss , Emblem and Airy. Walked towards them, asked "are you Jeroen" and saw the most amazedHuh and wonderin' facesShocked (how do THEY know us???) of that day Hihi ROFL

DOC+Nupke joined us and the camp was complete. More J,Spliff more boozeBooze , more sunSun Gaga Passout risk.

Went to check stuff on the site...

Met the Chronic, el sympatico...Dressed

Saw a bit of Jimi Tenor Big Band (funny stuff and nice vibez) Tongue , Jamie Lidell (supa as always, saw him three times within a year, twice with super_collider)Afro . Wontime (nice)Dance , Craze (wickid)Dance Dance Dance , Dj Vadim/Russian Percussian (da bomb 4 da second time) headnoddin' 2 da fulest, Marky (bwah, ok) and 10 minutes of The Hee-hu-rb a l i s e r... Spliff +Drink +Dance +Sun Sun Sun =Passout Went to lie down for a minute to digest some french fries... (they're supa <herbaliser>, but I crashed supa)

Suv had to wake me up six times in a rowPassout Huh Passout Huh Passout Huh Passout Huh Passout Huh Passout Huh before I got back on my feet...
Dragged ourselves to the camp, smoked a last one and crashed... I slept wonderful Passout Sleep Big Grin

Woke up at 10/11 am. Relaxed 'till noon (again Red Bull presented a dj, wicked saxophone-playa), broke-up and left to get some rest Cry (spinnin' that night :djSmile

Bigup to Suv (your festimobile rulezzz) Afro , DOC (phonecard, herbzzz) Nupke (my tent looks nice after that jungle-gathering and wht a batlle guyzzzzz woohaaa)Gangsta +Gangsta , Emblem-XPuke +AirfullElf (what great peepz), The Chronic (so relaxed and fixin' drinks Big Grin )Dressed , Tyl, Charlie, Johnny+Sarah(boarders massive)Banana +Banana +Banana +Banana , Rob+Pascal('lexin' and smokin'...) Spliff +Dance ....

It's been MARVELLOUS thanks to y'ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hug Woot

__
Midleft fka knine
www.jungletactics.com
www.dedkob.com

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by knine: 20-07-2003 15:06.

19-07-2003 17:25 Homepage of knine
groeveij
Tourist

Registration Date: 27-06-2003

quote:
...being wasted..massive..with a huuuge J in his hands...
u should have seen his eyesROFL Fuckyou ROFL

ih ih ih Big Grin

Foei give me a break here. I slept like 3 hours that night (and what a night), was awake for about half an hour. I'm human after all u know Pleased like u was sober all the time Prrr
Doped

__
wasted kru

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by groeveij: 20-07-2003 11:53.

20-07-2003 11:50
suvcycle suvcycle is a male
jungle boy

images/avatars/avatar-2083.jpg

Registration Date: 03-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by knine
That's why I have 3 pair of shades Cool and believe me... Did I made somebody happy with those... His eyez where shut too far to get on his *suffen fiets*...

This bunny didn't do a lot af *stampin* no more either...

I'll give a review too for the hack of it:

Left wednesday with Suv, after a meal prepared by his misses (njummééé). Made a quick arrangement with D.O.C. to pass-on some Artist Parking Passes I got from Muziek-O-Droom...

We left with I Kamanchi-album in the system (another gift from MOD, ideal workin' place peepz!!!!)

Drive drive drive, took a stop way after Brussels and changed the wheel. They didn't sell phonecards of any kind in the shop and totally no long papers at all, darn darn darn.... drive drive drive

Finally, "Exit Dour", with some fresh hasjies lyin' on the dashboard we took a right from the freeway smoothly towards...........................................

The bloody police, who were checkin cars. Suv didn't notice at first , so I slowed down, told Suv to put it away, which he still didn't get Wink so we drove smooth and steady (system-volume decreased drasticly) passed an officer who I charmed with a (not so sober) smile (I even took of my shades,which was VEEEEEEEERY risky Big Grin )... They were busy with two other cars filled with white rastafari's and their "barbeque-spices"...

We arrived at the front of the mine-buildings and went to check if we could already enter the parking and campsite. We pulled out our Artist Parking Pass to fill it in: "Jamie Lidell Thursday 11 -07-03"

Checkpoint 1: "Euh, what's that?" "A Parking pass Miss" "Ah, oh, ok, wait a sec..." french murmlin' a guy comes up... "This is a copy, no?" "I don't know sir, we got them from MOD where we work. We gotta do promp-stuff for Jamie..." "Oh, aaaaah, OK, straight ahead..." hèhèhèhè SUCKERZZZZZZZ

Checkpoint 2: "Eé, oh, pas par ici hein (not this way Big Grin )" "We got an Artist parking pass dude" "Ah, oh, but it's not open yet..." "Is it close to the camp-site?" "No, the first regular parking is closer" "Well ok, can we park in the front then" "Yes, yes no problem"

Conclusion, we saved ourselves 5 whole euro's...

To the entrance then. Where do we get our tickets? nowhere... only 4daytickets including camp were givin'
how long do we gotta wait? Didn't know. Some serious organisation Wallon goin' on... we could enter the camp.

Darn, massive check-up on bags and stuff. Let's play this like good boys. "Sir, can I leave my 5 litre can of Jup, choco and jelly over here? I'll put the tent up and come back to take it to the car (to get rid of the water and refill the bottles with gold beverage)..." "Ok"
Found a nice spot, pretty close to everythin... Put up the tent, rolled some, smoked some, drank some smuggled bacardi, made great throw/smuggle-things-over-the-fence-plans, and finally went back to just get it. Personel switched shifts and our stuff too. Bye bye beer Cry

Peepz that were expected didn't arrive... Got a call at 4 am. "Hey man, we arrived, but we're not allowedto enter the camp anymore". Went over there, had this DDR/Iron curtain-converstaion through the fence with my chap and went back to sleep... like HELL NO!!! Forgot my sleepin' bag and found nothin' more than a small towel to coverme up. On top, Suv had already beaten me up during some wrestling and my (already broken once) shoulder was killin' me.

Woke up at 05.50... rolled over once, had to get out of the tent by seven 'cuz is was too hot...

Our tentcamp started growin, fresh herb stashes were supplied and the sun was scorchin' us. A Red Bull tent was put up and we enjoyed Ragga and dancehall beats (a bit of DnB in between)

We went to welcome DOC and Nupke and there they were, our super DnB-couple, Emblem and Airy. Walked towards them, asked "are you Jeroen" and saw the most amazed and wonderin' faces (how do THEY know us???) of that day Hihi ROFL

DOC+Nupke joined us and the camp was complete. More J, more booze, more sun :gagal: Passout risk.

Went to check stuff on the site...

Met the Chronic, el sympatico...

Saw a bit of Jimi Tenor Big Band (funny stuff and nice vibez), Jamie Lidell (supa as always, saw him three times within a year, twice with super_collider). Wontime (nice), Craze (wickid), Dj Vadim/Russian Percussian (da bomb 4 da second time), Marky (bwah, ok) and 10 minutes of The Hee-hu-rb a l i s e r... Went to lie down for a minute to digest some french fries... (they're supa, but I crashed supa)

Suv had to wake me up six times in a row, before I got back on my feet...
Dragged ourselves to the camp, smoked a last one and crashed... I slept wonderful Passout Sleep Big Grin

Woke up at 10/11 am. Relaxed 'till noon (again Red Bull presented a dj, wicked saxophone-playa), broke-up and left to get some rest Cry (spinnin' that night)

Bigup to Suv (your festimobile rulezzz), DOC (phonecard, herbzzz) Nupke (my tent looks nice after that jungle-gathering and wht a batlle guyzzzzz woohaaa), Emblem-X+Airfull (what great peepz), The Chronic (so relaxed and fixin' drinks Big Grin ), Tyl, Charlie, Johnny+Sarah(boarders massive), Rob+Pascal('lexin' and smokin'...) Banana

It's been MARVELLOUS thanks to y'ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn man , lots of stuff i don't remember ROFL

Anyways had a great one

Cheerz !

__
some run from the big guns,
some just run from the sound
20-07-2003 14:57
knine knine is a male
Lawless

images/avatars/avatar-72.jpg

Registration Date: 09-04-2003

Suv just filled in a gap in my memories...

When I was bowlin' = strikin' all over the place Passout and he had to wake me up six timez in a row...

...he amused other peepz walkin' by, by pokin' me with a stick, which clearly didn't work to the amusement of those peepz who had a jolly good laugh with me bein' in outta space...

Am I glad no DnB.be-mates came along to put it on the "sensible plate"...

...Pukemon was less fortunate in that matta ROFL

__
Midleft fka knine
www.jungletactics.com
www.dedkob.com

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by knine: 20-07-2003 18:59.

20-07-2003 18:57 Homepage of knine
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

ROFL knine's report hahahaaa!!!!

I was at Dour on Thursday and Sunday. On Th I saw quite a lot of friends (including Suv & Knine + Air & Em) but on Sunday I only saw Airfull and Emblem after haggling my boss to get some free time (hooray for mobile phones BTW, I remember the festivals when there were no mobiles yet, when you could wander around for hours to find your mates)

I had massive trouble when I arrived on thursday since somebody forgot to leave the keys to our trucks at the production office. I waited for 3 hours and then resorted to a 'slijpschijf' to get the locks open cuz I was running late massively. The entire rest of the day was a big fuck up because of this delay, the whole crew was stressed out when they arrived but somehow we got it all sorted. I did have to build up the entire DE tent by myself though instead of having 3 people to help me...

After the building I did my one job of thursday, Jamie Lidell. The show was very funny and genius in parts, I could very well appreciate it, and also seeing Airfull and Emblem in real life (finally!!) Big Grin
After Jamie's show I packed the gear that he and Felix da Housecat would use and drove with him to Hasselt in the evening and saw his show twice on one day Big Grin
I talked to Jamie for hours after his show, he's a wonderful guy and has incredible ways of producing his music using a modular effects system on his Mac. I was mightily impressed Big Grin

Friday and Saturday I spent at some insignificant festival in Lommel called Batuki or something.

Went back on Sunday, but didn't see many bands. I spent most of the time at our trucks and in the backstage of a tent with insane music. There was this one band who had a singer with a huge afro, a tight suit and a really high voice which was quite amusing but I don't remember their name...

The peeps from the DE tent gave me quite some trouble, with their bloody high ladders and blowing up my speaker and phoning me when I was asleep and all that, bloody wankers Big Grin

And yes it was hot. On thursday I saw loads of white people, and when I returned on sunday there were loads of red people Big Grin
I passed through the Red Cross tent a lot on Sunday (I was working on the stage next to it) and saw many passed out people there. The docs told me it was mainly because of the heat and not drinking enough instead of from drugs...

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
20-07-2003 21:15 Homepage of thechronic
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by knine
...Pukemon was less fortunate in that matta ROFL

ok let's just shut up! Tongue Tongue the pics will be embarrasing enuff!

cheerz

__

22-07-2003 22:40 Homepage of Emblem-X
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

http://www.nirwanakru.be/media/pics/20030710_Dour_Festival/

dour piczzzzzz Big Grin

pics are not too embarrasing Big Grin lucky enuff! Big Grin

cheerz

__

24-07-2003 16:14 Homepage of Emblem-X
Username
Tourist

Registration Date: 24-07-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Emblem-X

dour piczzzzzz Big Grin

cheerz

there is more 2 come Tongue

__

24-07-2003 23:04
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Username
quote:
Originally posted by Emblem-X

dour piczzzzzz Big Grin

cheerz

there is more 2 come Tongue

shit!!

__

24-07-2003 23:22 Homepage of Emblem-X
Sexy Lady

Helpfulness rating: 

mwoeha funny wasted pics...ROFL
them pics from the puke are from Jeroen !!!! Big Grin Big Grin
just to informe you!!!!! Big Grin Big Grin

__

26-07-2003 22:41
Sexy Lady

Helpfulness rating: 

btw....Jeroen = Emblem X Big Grin Tongue Prrr Big Grin

__

26-07-2003 22:42
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2]
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Party headz » check that DOUR line-up!!!