Go to the bottom of this page Slice and Dice or even .Rex
Author
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

how the fuck do you .rex a file?

on that note, how the fuck can you slice anything on your own for FL Studio?

simple question from a tired and fustrated soon to be non-tennager. yet i still have the anger.

you know what fuck this, it's either gunna cost me time or money, so i'll just try to use what i got and use Cool Pro, add some silence between my cuts, there's a "find next Zero Point,a nd find Prvious Zero-Point for the cue's in cool pro. it's all i need! sorry for posting this illrelevant quetion now. just fustrated.

dear sweet jesus, inserting cue points does it................. Bigup

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 14-05-2005 06:20.

14-05-2005 05:48 Homepage of Halph-Price
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Open ReCycle, load the wave, rex it and save it Smile

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

14-05-2005 10:00 Homepage of Surya
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Fruit Slicer has all you need for slicing!
Juz loa up the sample, it will automatically slice up by recognizing patterns etc. You can select the precissness and attack and sustain times...many cool stuff.

It even recognizes the BPM for break slicing! Big Grin

PS
Man, do you really fuck so often anyway?! Hihi

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
14-05-2005 12:52 Homepage of Muad'Dib
@1$-)
unregistered
quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price
how the fuck do you .rex a file?

on that note, how the fuck can you slice anything on your own for FL Studio?

simple question from a tired and fustrated soon to be non-tennager. yet i still have the anger.

you know what fuck this, it's either gunna cost me time or money, so i'll just try to use what i got and use Cool Pro, add some silence between my cuts, there's a "find next Zero Point,a nd find Prvious Zero-Point for the cue's in cool pro. it's all i need! sorry for posting this illrelevant quetion now. just fustrated.

dear sweet jesus, inserting cue points does it................. Bigup

lol.
geezer you need to get recycle.
then you just open it in dr. rex.
or you can load into cubase etc and move it around that way.
i prefer the reason method.......this way you can trigger the individual hits from a midi keyboard or drum pad etc. but dont foget to quantise with the shuffle.

you shouldnt find it to difficult to find
14-05-2005 15:54
Abnormalbrain Abnormalbrain is a male
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 24-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 4.50

I've wondered about the slicer in Fl studio for a while now. It doesn't work so well with all files. I'd like an alternative for it that is better...
For example you can't move the slice-points if there wrong.

__
--------------------------------------------------
da rollaz, da steppaz da true playaz
15-05-2005 12:33 Homepage of Abnormalbrain
Haze Haze is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1257.jpg

Registration Date: 19-05-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

quote:
Originally posted by Abnormalbrain
I've wondered about the slicer in Fl studio for a while now. It doesn't work so well with all files. I'd like an alternative for it that is better...

Shocked

you can do that Big Grin
just open the slicer channel, right click on the top 'screen' (where you see single slices) and remove slice. then right click where the slice must start.
so you can slice youre whole drumloop like that Roll Eyes

it's very fuckin simple Spliff

but if you want something better than FruitySlicer then i can recommend you the mighty NI IntaktBanana

Bigup

__
Death

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Haze: 15-05-2005 14:41.

15-05-2005 14:34
Abnormalbrain Abnormalbrain is a male
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 24-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 4.50

quote:
Originally posted by Haze
quote:

Shocked

you can do that Big Grin
just open the slicer channel, right click on the top 'screen' (where you see single slices) and remove slice. then right click where the slice must start.
so you can slice youre whole drumloop like that Roll Eyes

it's very fuckin simple Spliff

but if you want something better than FruitySlicer then i can recommend you the mighty NI IntaktBanana

Bigup

That can't be true. When I right click on that window the only thing that happens is that you hear the slice. Maybe I do something wrong? It is fruty slicer we're talkin bout?

__
--------------------------------------------------
da rollaz, da steppaz da true playaz
15-05-2005 20:07 Homepage of Abnormalbrain
Haze Haze is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1257.jpg

Registration Date: 19-05-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

quote:

That can't be true. When I right click on that window the only thing that happens is that you hear the slice. Maybe I do something wrong? It is fruty slicer we're talkin bout?

Big Grin

Yeah! Slicer Big Grin
When you open a Slicer channel you see two 'screens'.
In the first one (bottom) you will see whole sliced break. In the second one (top) you will see single slice.
So if you click left mouse button on first screen --> nothing happends. Right click --> it just play the slice.
In the second screen --> left click plays the slice, right click.. oh.. yeah.. you can chose remove slice or split slice.

whitch Fruity do you use?
it works with FL5 Roll Eyes

Spliff

(my fuckin poor english Cry )

__
Death
15-05-2005 20:31
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

OMFG, FRUITY SLICER IS EVEN BETTER THAN I THOUGh, DUDE THATS IN FUCKING CREDIABLE!

and secondly, is Recycle free? like to rex files i don't have to buy anything do i?

it probably is or else i would have it, if it were an expensive program, kinda funny....

secondly, how do yuo make loop points for samples? i thought cue points in coolpro did it, but it's not working now... maybe a diffrent type of wave file... any help with tihs one?

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

04-06-2005 18:15 Homepage of Halph-Price
tetsuo tetsuo is a male
Guiness factory

Registration Date: 26-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.67

Recycle is about 230 Eur, don't know about your other prob....

__
Yesterday' s futur is today!! Doped
05-06-2005 11:46
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

quote:
secondly, how do yuo make loop points for samples? i thought cue points in coolpro did it, but it's not working now... maybe a diffrent type of wave file... any help with tihs one?

Just add a new sampler channel, load your sample, open the channel settings. right-click on the waveform & choose edit. Now you can just drag your start and end point to anywhere you like.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
05-06-2005 12:35 Homepage of djfreemc
Arkitekt Arkitekt is a male
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Registration Date: 13-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.82

quote:
OMFG, FRUITY SLICER IS EVEN BETTER THAN I THOUGh, DUDE THATS IN FUCKING CREDIABLE!

and secondly, is Recycle free? like to rex files i don't have to buy anything do i?

it probably is or else i would have it, if it were an expensive program, kinda funny....

check ebay Wink Bigup

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
14-06-2005 00:51 Homepage of Arkitekt
@1$-)
unregistered
quote:

yo halph price.......
you know as well as i do that if you want something badlt enough you can find it........check the usual spots......and if all else fails.pm me.
14-06-2005 01:25
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

usual spots?...

ooo under my pillow!, but i havn't had any loose teeth....

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

14-06-2005 06:06 Homepage of Halph-Price
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Helpfulness rating: 

^^ Lol i think hes talkin about networks... im not gonna be the one to come out and say it but its obvious... i deleted my installer for it or i would send you a copy of recycle should have an updated one here in a couple of weeks... i found it on ebay...

for cheap too

ez

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
14-06-2005 11:15 Homepage of Arkitekt
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

wo-hoo! everybodyz chopety-chop-choppin wit recycle!

damn that things popular isnt it?

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
14-06-2005 12:06 Homepage of cynik
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

i enjoy fruity slicer actually.... i find it does the job 9 out of 10 times...

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

14-06-2005 17:12 Homepage of Halph-Price
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by cynik
wo-hoo! everybodyz chopety-chop-choppin wit recycle!

damn that things popular isnt it?

i use it to rex all my breaks for slicety, lsice work and it is real good... even works for any kinda sample you would want i found some fight club samples online and sliced em up that way...

imported them through the nnxt and waaa laa ready to trigger...

ez

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
14-06-2005 19:43 Homepage of Arkitekt
spudleyq spudleyq is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1932.jpg

Registration Date: 23-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

quote:

Soundforge is pretty good for adding loop points. You can get them to be extremely accurate, and you can even make it either sustaining, or a fading loop. I'm not sure if you have Soundforge though.

Another good, more accurate way of slicing beats in the Fruity Slicer, is of course, the Beat Slicer tool (I think that's what it is called). It's in the "third" menu up above the little screen on the Slicer window. In that menu you can also cut the loop to a specific beat; on beat, 1/2 beat, 1/4 beat, etc. Sometimes you can't get the slice to hit "exactly" on beat with that little window. Sooooo, you just open up the Beat Slicer, which takes you into a window rather similar to the Sample Editor window, showing you a much larger image of the waveform, with much more precise points for slicing.

Another thing, which many beginners may not have noticed, and some novices may have passed this up also. In the fruity slicer window, you have two images, the full loop, and the slice. In the upper left hand corner of the slice window, there is a little button labeled "Rev", which is of course reverse! You may have known this, you may not have.....but for any of you folks who are a fan of the reverse BD or the reverse fills, it's a keeper.

Another good tip for any fruity users out there, especially ones who aren't working on top notch systems, and use a lot of VST FX on their mixer, is the "Smart Disable" feature. This feature is usually passed over, but can save you a shitload of time during production. On your mixer, when you drop down the menu to load a VST, there is an option called "Smart Disable." If you hover over it, and read up in the info window, it says, "Use this to spare CPU." Turning this feature on will prevent any unused VST's from being active. Normally, when a VST isn't being used, it is still actively using CPU, waiting for the next time it gets turned on. Well, with this feature on, any VST's that aren't being activated, will be completely shutoff, and save you a shitload of CPU. This will get rid of a lot what I just call "CPU Clipping".

__

Click on the pic above to visit my music profile on Myspace.
14-06-2005 21:24 Homepage of spudleyq
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

HOW DO YOU MAKE LOOP POINTS! don't have/want sound forage!!!

rather a Cool Pro solution! i have Acid Music

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

16-06-2005 06:40 Homepage of Halph-Price
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Slice and Dice or even .Rex