drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Do you smoke?
Poll: Do you smoke?
Offcourse not, are you mad? 13 54.17%
Yes, dunno why though 11 45.83%
Total: 24 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page Do you smoke?
Author
Funky Lady

images/avatars/avatar-695.jpg

Registration Date: 13-02-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.43

quote:
Originally posted by broadside
[i give up fags whenever I feel like it.

hahaha.

Roll Eyes

__
Poesjka

31/03 Café Détour @ Lille (FR)
17/05 www.jungletrain.net Motronicism live 17h-19h
28/07 Drum NN bass Part V @ Nieuwe Nor, Heerlen (NL)
11-05-2005 23:47
@1$-)
unregistered
no but i have a tendency to watch dull programs about drug use, im turning into a complete nurd......but its quite good fun streaming of useless knowledge to people, even though its a bit pedantic at times.
no i wasnt ever a smack head.......but what i said is apperently true, ive seen a couple of documentries that have said the same thing.
12-05-2005 00:08
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

I used to smoke 3-4 cigs a day,which not too much never got really addicted to it. I broouhgt that number back to 1-2 cig's a week, and i'm really enjoying a cig from time to time now Smile

spliffs, well that's a whole other story Big Grin lol

Spliff

__

12-05-2005 06:51 Homepage of Emblem-X
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

quote:
Originally posted by emmetje
quote:
[i give up fags whenever I feel like it.

hahaha.

Roll Eyes

Indeed, first stage: denial!

I don't know if it's as addictive as heroin, but I do know it IS EXTREMELY addictive!

And how about an addiction in a way that you don't want to quit, even if you could? Mental addiction!

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

12-05-2005 07:23 Homepage of Surya
KoFFiE KoFFiE is a male
Easy Player

images/avatars/avatar-271.gif

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.83

quote:
Originally posted by MUNKI C
yep its been medically proven,

Now that is pure BS - sorry... You can get rid of the physical addiction of nicotine in max 2-3 days, for heroine it can takes weeks (usually takes between 5 and 15 days, and physical effects are FAR worse). The biggest problem with sigarettes is that it's mentally addictive - when ppl get nervous they want smth to do, and they fall back on a siggy. It can take +- a month before this is mostly gone (although falling back is very easy when there's a lot of stress). Heroine on that side is even worse, that can take months - up to half a year. Falling back isn't that easy if you can really get rid of it completely once, but getting rid of it a second time is a lot worse...

PS: I don't smoke, a J now and then with the right company - ok, but pure tabac - no tx...

PSS: A J is much worse on the health-department than a siggy, one J gets about the amount of tar of about 10 to 15 siggies into your lungs, depending on how dry or wet the weed is. It is more healthy though for passive smoking, and when consumed using a bong it's a lot more healthy since the smoke is 1) Cooler (hot smoke can cause troath and tongue cancer) 2) Cleaner (since it's filtered through water (or wodka/whiskey/... Big Grin ) Normal J's burn hotter, so the smoke is hotter, so wel... - worse for troath and tongue - but hotter means cleaner smoke in general, so if the tar-thing wouldnt have been a lot worse, it would have been healthier for the lungs...

__
Sleep is a poor substitute for coffee

This post has been edited 5 time(s), it was last edited by KoFFiE: 12-05-2005 08:47.

12-05-2005 08:34 Homepage of KoFFiE
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

I knew this one would stir up debate but jesus.... Wink

To be honest I actually dont give two shits as to whether or not someone smokes. Its completely their choice & certainly would never judge anyone because of it.

quote:
"Dont make children breathe your smoke". lol. Its not like smokers are waiting outside primary schools holding kids noses and giving them blowback is it? Anyway I personnally am unconvinced about the amount of damage passive smoking can do to someone at all - but certainly unless your actually living in a pub or restaurant, I cant see that allowing smoking there can do much harm.

What were talking about here is the kids that grow up in smoke filled houses, the ones who are forced to breath in second hand smoke in their living rooms, kitchens whatever & these kids are being exposed to this from a very young age. Why should you force your children to breathe smoke be it passive or not - they're still inhaling ciggarette smoke & as a result of that they are intaking the harmful substances & chemicals that cigarete smoke contains. Obviously is not as much as the actual person smoking it but it has been proven that second hand smoke still contains all the shit the first hand smoke does.

As for the smoking in restaurants & bars etc is conerned I do think they've taken things a bit far there I mean banning smoking in public places??? what the fuck is that about, I know that the government is trying discourage people to smoke but that is taking it a bit to far in my opinion. Now making people smoke outside at their place of work, why not?? its your employers premises & if they dont want it to stink of smoke then that completely understandable. If you chose to smoke then you have to deal with the fact other people dont like it & might have to go outside. I dont know how anyone would display so little respect by getting pissed off at an employer or another person when they say they have to smoke outside.
nowadays though people are beginning wise up to the fact that smoking is not actually that clever & I do think though that discouraging people from smoking is a pretty damn good idea. If we can discourage young people growing up from smoking in the future then that is definitely a good thing. do you really want your children to grow up start smoking? Smoking affects different people in different ways - you might smoke all your life, 20 a day & never be ill of health. someone else might smoke 5 a day for five years & get cancer you just dont know.

quote:
And as to all the self righteous bunners, most of them put baccy in their jays anyway. And people who think that weed is just all play and no pay are pretty fucking stupid too. What, you think the government are just being tight for the fun of it? You think they wouldn't love the chance to make a fuckload of money out of taxing the shit out of marujana, taking all tha money that it genrates to some crminals? I honestly reckon that weed has its drawbacks like everything else. Its made mates of mine really, unmotivated and lazy: all the cool shit is when you first start anyway, like the intensity, and the munchies and the giggles - it all fades, and it just becomes dry and mundane. And iit can mess with some peoples heads more than most people give it credit for.

I do agree with what your saying here, weeds not all its cracked up to and in fact the marijuana smoke is actually more carcinogenic than tobacco smoke! but for alot of people they dont smoke weed like they smoke fags, obviously there are some people out there who smoke all day but for the majority of us were part time smokers & as far as the volume of smoke inhaled is concerned its probably not as much as your avergage fag smoker. & like you say when 'moderation is the key' its probably no worse for you than alcohol or fatty foods.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Yawn: 12-05-2005 12:37.

12-05-2005 09:30
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/HEALTH/01/0...ian.cigarettes/

This is what packs of cigg's look in my country. smoking's banned in all workplaces and resturants, and bar's, and while be eliminated soon, from loop-holes like indoor glass patios, and stuff.

People don't like the cigg packages [WITH_TEETH]

quote:
-18 percent of smokers said they have on at least one occasion asked for a different package of cigarettes when purchasing them because they did not like the warning on the package first offered.

I only smoke after sex. .... so no, i don't smoke... often.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 12-05-2005 12:12.

12-05-2005 12:11 Homepage of Halph-Price
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price
I only smoke after sex. .... so no, i don't smoke... often.

Hahaha Hihi If I smoked after sex I would have finished my packs in very short time Big Grin

Anyway, I smoke like 1 or 2 cigarettes a day - not very healthy, not very dangerous. I try to get rid of it but sometimes, with friends,,, ya know Smile

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
12-05-2005 15:18 Homepage of Muad'Dib
@1$-)
unregistered
here u go koffie

Nicotine Is More Addictive Than Heroin

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----

Date: Thu, 11 Jul 1996 16:37:50 EDT
Reply-To: "APA's Division 28 Discussion List" <DIV28@gwuvm.gwu.edu>
Sender: "APA's Division 28 Discussion List" <DIV28@gwuvm.gwu.edu>
Subject: Re: Dole And Tobacco -Reply by Jack Heningfield

To: Multiple recipients of list DIV28 <DIV28@gwuvm.gwu.edu>

I would like to thank this nations leading expert on addiction, Jack Henningfield for pointing out that nicotine is more addictive than heroin, alcohol, or cocaine. A true voice uncorrupted by tobacco money. I would also add that tobacco has a far higher death rate (33%?) than either heroin, alcohol, or cocaine. Yet, addiction criteria alone does not determine the nicotine (or illicit drug) health threat.

The body of scientific evidence now indicates that harm associated with both heroin & nicotine is the result of contaminates in the drug delivery devices. Other than addiction itself neither nicotine nor heroin pose significant behavioral or toxicological threats (given the use of safe/effective drug delivery devices).

The result of this scientific understanding, in the interest of public health, has led to the current over the counter sales of safe high purity nicotine chewing gum and soon to be OTC nicotine patches. On the European front, heroin prescription programs are having great success in both England & Switzerland.

The issue of alcohol/cocaine addiction, use, and harm is a little more complex than posed by nicotine/heroin addiction. Alcohol and cocaine addiction are causative of both behavioral & biological problems. However most daily users of either alcohol or cocaine have no problem regulating usage at levels that do not cause behavioral or biological harm. The effect of daily light/moderate alcohol consumption being relaxation & lowered risk of heart disease. The effect of light/moderate cocaine consumption being the equivalent of prescription ritalin (increased levels of dopamine), ie increased attention span, less impulsive behavior, and better ability to focus on desired tasks.

Sincerely,
Neil Johnson

i hate to say it but i told u so

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by utter muppet: 12-05-2005 15:27.

12-05-2005 15:26
KoFFiE KoFFiE is a male
Easy Player

images/avatars/avatar-271.gif

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.83

LOL - sorry - I absolutely don't believe that... I know multiple persons that tried to stop smoking, and the mental addiction is the hardest part there. A lot of them start to eat a lot instead, some started sporting and actually got healthy. I know 2 guys that just said from day 1 on day 2 that they quit, and they did (about 4 years ago). That's not smth you do with a heroin addiction.
Have you ever seen a heroin addict? I know one guy that was a heroine addict, and it took him 4 months in a specialized center to get rid of it, and he wasn't the only-one there. He has been physicly ill for over 1 month due to the effects of trying to quit. Now wtf is more addictive then?? I mean - you have specialized centers where ppl are taken in for multiple months to get rid of a heroine addiction. Do you know any of these centers for nicotine? I don't...

__
Sleep is a poor substitute for coffee
12-05-2005 16:16 Homepage of KoFFiE
@1$-)
unregistered
i know someone who became addicted to polo mints after they quit.......its all good and well but unfortunately they also act as a laxative
12-05-2005 16:23
Andrejnalin

Helpfulness rating: 

Well, you are always addicted to something you find pleasurable for you. think about it - you find sex good, you want to do it more, you find it missing (at least once in 2 years you have to think about it anyway) when not doing it - you are addicted. The level of addiction is determined of the amount of pleasurable emotions you receive from the thing whether is a drug/alcohol/air/sex/candies...

It is known that our brains produce drugs - endorphins - when you do something good, to signal us that what we've done is good. So, you choose between good/bad this way. Why is this wrong, anyway?! You get addicted to good - we are all addicted to our ideas of good.
Taking drugs is making this level of drugs in our brans rise to sick amount, that is dangrous and harmful for us because

1. You can fuck your brain up
2. You will think of nothing else (because the drug is the largest GOOD you have and experienced) or do something else (much...)
3. The crisis of not satisfying the need for more drug is huge because the amount of pleasure is huge, also.

Anyway, I don't divide between physical and mental addiction - your brain is a physical part of your body, and your thought is just a process in it, so it's all physical addiction. You cannot separate your thought from your brain. Your thought is your brain, a part of it...

Smile That was my take on this

[EDIT by muaddib: fixed amphetamins to endorphins]

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

-Bene Gesserit
12-05-2005 16:41 Homepage of Muad'Dib
@1$-)
unregistered
yo muaddib, i brains dont produce amphetamines. lol. thats what speed is!!!! but they do produce dopamine and endorphins, which is what i think you mean.
dopamine is the one which creates the addictive side of things, whe you smoke tobacco the dopamine receptors become lodge open and the gap becomes bigger so more can flow through, making you feel"better", the problem is, they become jammed open, and this is where the addiction starts
12-05-2005 16:46
Andrejnalin

Helpfulness rating: 

Yeah, I was reffering to endorphins but got mixed up with labels Big Grin

__

-Bene Gesserit
12-05-2005 17:58 Homepage of Muad'Dib
@1$-)
unregistered
are you sure its not cause u been taking loads of amphetamine????

Big Grin
12-05-2005 18:11
Andrejnalin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by MUNKI C
are you sure its not cause u been taking loads of amphetamine????

Big Grin

ROFL Hihi

__

-Bene Gesserit
12-05-2005 20:00 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Airfull Airfull is a female
Sexy Lady

images/avatars/avatar-24.jpg

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

I like smoking!
when I have the money for it I'll buy some!!!
otherwise, whatever...pfff

still not pregnant Tongue

__

ONE BULLET? TWO BULLETS? THE THIRT ONE IS THROUGH MY HEAD!
13-05-2005 01:46
Andrejnalin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Airfull
I like smoking!
when I have the money for it I'll buy some!!!
otherwise, whatever...pfff

still not pregnant Tongue

Wanna be? Big Grin

__

-Bene Gesserit
13-05-2005 11:25 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

the thing about ciggertte deaths, UNLESS they burned down the house, how can you know every cancer was because of it. it's supposedly 50% increased RISK of cancer. but with stats, you could make it EVERY cancer, and than anyone that even breathed i half a lung of even the tinnnniest bit of second-hand smoke and blew it at someone , who got cancer and died, was a victim of cigg's too.
i mean, you can make it EVERYONE that's EVER gotten cancer was cuz of ciggerttes, who knows what the stats are like.

good book for this is called Thank You for Smoking. funny satiriacal book about a promoter for smoking guy, one of the PR men. hilarious shit, read it!

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

13-05-2005 12:21 Homepage of Halph-Price
HyperFlexed HyperFlexed is a male
Cool Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-885.jpg

Registration Date: 02-02-2005

I don't drink or have sex either.

__

If a priest pauses to finish a prayer, is it an Amen Break?
14-05-2005 13:56 Homepage of HyperFlexed
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Do you smoke?