drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Cubase - Using Audio Plugins
Go to the bottom of this page Cubase - Using Audio Plugins
Author
mentalist

images/avatars/avatar-1818.jpg

Registration Date: 17-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

I think that the fx in the Cubase I have - SX 1- for audio are miles better than the ostensibly midi ones. Its easy enough, however, to use these audio effects, such as Quadrafuzz, on midi channels if you use it as an insert, by going to the mixer etc. However, the same is not true of the sends, which would be far more useful, allowing me to change sounds without having to create a whole new channel, and painfully reload the drum machine and all that. When I go to the midi sends effects in the mixer, it has a blank list of effects.

Anyway, hopefully someone will be able to decipher what I'm banging on about from this and help me out! Please!
11-05-2005 15:59
@1$-)
unregistered
ok.ive got sx 2.im not sure if u can do this in version 1.

in the main window, where all the tracks are, right click and see if u can create an fx channel.
once youve selected your fx, go to the mixer, like u do when u want to insert a send fx, in the same bit where the eq is, along with where u would put the insert (channel strip) go to the right hand side of this screen. there you should have another section, in this section just select the fx channel you created and then turn it on and fade the level to the amount you want sent to the channel.
ill post a screenshot soon
11-05-2005 17:29
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Cubase - Using Audio Plugins