drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » The Best VST Instrument for making Neurofunk/Futurestep
Go to the bottom of this page The Best VST Instrument for making Neurofunk/Futurestep
Author

Registration Date: 11-05-2005

Hi!

My question is: do you know any nice VST instruments which can blow speakers with nice spacey tunes capable for making Futurestep/Neurofunk?

I appreciate every oppinion
11-05-2005 13:21
wreakon wreakon is a male
evol genius

images/avatars/avatar-1689.jpg

Registration Date: 05-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.83

well i use absynth for almost everything. theres heaps of atmospheric presets and with a little work you can make fat basses and reeces Big Grin

__
{{{d-_-b}}}

The Patch lab - Download free vst patches, banks and kits

mylamespace
11-05-2005 13:28 Homepage of wreakon
sandymount

Absynth. And what will you say about z3ta? I know it is suitable for Trance, however Futurestep has also "technical nature".
11-05-2005 13:32
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

quote:
Originally posted by sandymount
Hi!

My question is: do you know any nice VST instruments which can blow speakers with nice spacey tunes capable for making Futurestep/Neurofunk?

I appreciate every oppinion

space synthesiser is great for atmospherics....absynth is more for darker tracks...its a great vsti but not something for neurofunk...z3ta is great for really everything...despite the trancy presets and etc there is more than enough stuff in there to fit the style...also check out albino2...its a lineplugin...its good stuff...

For the record to all... the (VIRUS MOD for z3ta is shit...and doesnt relaly sound like a virus) IMO and im sure tehres gotta be more that back me up on that...

BUT check out those vsti's, they should be waht youre looking for...and if you can get your hands on ilio's vsti Atmosphere... some of the best sounding soft synths ever...

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

11-05-2005 14:02
@1$-)
unregistered
man im really out of touch.......what the fuck are neurofunk and futrestep, sounds like another way of journalists trying to pigeonhole more dance music.
11-05-2005 14:32
sandymount

Visit: http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html and you will learn all about this style. This is really cool dnb stuff.

And choose Jungle Root when you appear there.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by sandymount: 11-05-2005 15:55.

11-05-2005 15:54
@1$-)
unregistered
yep just as i thought.......its bollocks!!!!! its just another way ive trying to make out dnb has lots of sub genres, its just dnb, its just dance music for fucks sake.

so basically its someone trying to make out that theyve invented something fresh,an attempt to market it,
u can get away with putting any style of music into dnb if u like, so come on lets do it.........tuvan throat singing with dnb beats.....lets call it tuvan throat electro step.

see i just invented a nu style of dnb.

and that website really sucks.
11-05-2005 16:00
sandymount

Please, if you have something to say about VST - say it. If not, just do net mess up in this topic. Smile It is not about Futurestep, but about VST instruments bloke.
11-05-2005 18:23
@1$-)
unregistered
ok brains here you go...check this, why dont u use the same vsti that you would use for any style of dnb, yknow the basic priniples of synthesis apply to pretty much all of em, unless your content jsut using the presets.
so check out
reaktor
absynth
junglist
z3ta
vanguard
fm7
albino
korg legacy
access virus for powercore
virsyn tera
virsyn cube
arturia minimoog
anything with a juno emulation in it

it aint what u do its the way that u do it, and remember they often do the same thing, but they all sound a little different.
or on the other hand just take some samples fromthe tracks u like.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by utter muppet: 11-05-2005 18:32.

11-05-2005 18:31
sandymount

thx pal... goes vote for helpfulness
11-05-2005 19:43
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » The Best VST Instrument for making Neurofunk/Futurestep