drumnbass.be forum » Production » Shop » Wanted: 4-track tape recorder
Go to the bottom of this page Wanted: 4-track tape recorder
Author
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

Does anyone have a 4-track tape recorder that they want to sell?

Im going travelling next year so im looking for something that can be operated on batteries.

If anyone is interested let me know! Bigup

Edit: Also if anyone knows of any decent makes/models to check out then if you could post them I'd be very grateful! Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Yawn: 11-05-2005 10:59.

11-05-2005 10:43
@1$-)
unregistered
yeh ive got an old tascam one that can run off batteries, but its about the size of a large dictionary.
really not very good sound quality either..
why dont u invest in one of those little zoom multitrackers, yknow the palm sized ones, will do a much better job.

your welcome to it if i can find the bloody thing.
11-05-2005 16:04
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

Nice!! how much do you want for it?

Im not really too worried about the size or getting crystal clear sound quality, its really for me to mess around and get ideas down.

those zoom palm studios do look pretty sweet but when im away travelling i dont know if im gonna be able to afford to buy more smart media cards if I run out of space. and im definitely not gonna have access to ebay to get them on the cheap.

Does the tascam use a special kind of tape (cant remember its name) or is it any tape?

edit: the zoom doesn't just look good - it looks amazing! the only problem is you have to use certain brands of SM card.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Yawn: 11-05-2005 18:48.

11-05-2005 18:45
@1$-)
unregistered
maybe a fiver or tenner.......at the most, ive got to check it still works......its really not that great.

u can record on any cassette.....but remember u can only record on one side......if not youll end up with one bit playing normally on one side, then all of a sudden youll hear the other side playing backwards.

i would seriously contemplate saving ya money for a zoom though, stock up on a few media cards.
dont forget you dont have to record/keep everything.

plus if i was travelling i dont know if i would really want to carry a four track around.

and it will probably cost u as much in batteries

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by utter muppet: 11-05-2005 23:04.

11-05-2005 22:47
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

yeah the lugging it around isnt too much of a worry coz im going in a camper van and as for the batteries id have to buy them for the zoom as well so im not sure if would actually make that much of a difference.

My only concerns are If my van gets broken into when im away id be alot more pissed if £200 worth of gear got nicked.

obviously it would be better to have a zoom coz they do look pretty good but I need to have a look & see how much recording time you get on to a card (they supply a 32mb card) before I make up my mind completely. Ive got a birthday later in the year so I could if I wanted get some money towards it from that, but I was kinda thinking about getting a microkorg....

Anyway i'll probably have the tascam off you anyways whilst ive got the chance to get hold of one & then at least ive got all my avenues covered if you know what I mean.

Just let me know whether it still works & exactly how much you want for it.

cheers bro

Bigup
12-05-2005 10:03
@1$-)
unregistered
ill test it out later today........but you should have a look for the hand held zoom, its about the size of your palm, would be easy to hide Big Grin
12-05-2005 14:52
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

yeah ive checked it out its the PS-01 & you get 32 mins recording with a 32mb card! meg a minute makes sense!

It does look well sweet Drool
12-05-2005 15:18
@1$-)
unregistered
how much is it

im pretty sure the tascam works of a power supply, but ive never tested the batteries, takes something like ten of em, so it aint gonna be cheap to run
12-05-2005 15:22
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

£200
12-05-2005 15:39
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

So how much do you want for it then? Do you have a paypal account?
12-05-2005 17:22
@1$-)
unregistered
no i dont use paypal.
so its gonna have to be a cheque.
i dont want much, depends on the postage.

but to be honest im a bit unsure about sellling....simply cause its never been tested with batteries, and where tal;king around ten or so years old.
12-05-2005 17:53
@1$-)
unregistered
ok its a tascam porta one, mini studio (not really very mini though)
one or two issues though.lol

the cassette decks lid is missing, but it doesnt make a lot of difference, still works.
secondly and probably most importantly ...the lid for the battery compartment is missing, probably explains why i never tested batterires in it. so your either gonna have to use gaffa tape to keep it in or find a replacement cover......i dont think thats possible...i would be very surprised.

the recording quality is a bit hissy so you really need to think what u want it for.
if your still interested....and i would be very surprised if you are, im only gonna want a tenner at the most, but, its quite heavy so with postage u could be looking at abot 20, 25£.

my advice is to check out e bay
12-05-2005 18:04
@1$-)
unregistered
check this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...7322120864&rd=1

its a newer model........only got a day left

just search e bay for tascam, fostex, or boss.
12-05-2005 18:16
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

ok man you've talked me out of the sale! Tongue

I think the missing battery compartment lid is would really be the main problem for me, i dont really wanna be messing around with gaffa tape whenever i want to change the batteries.

Cheers for that ebay link - the porta2 looks ok, if there are no other bids I might pick that up hopefully just to be able to do some nice lo fi recordings with it.

Ive been thinking more and more about the PS-01 & I think I might actually save up & get one. Ive got a quite while before I actually go away so I should have enough time to build up a stock of memory cards and as the batteries wont be powering any moving parts they should last a fair while I would imagine.

Cheers for the offer anyway though Smile
12-05-2005 19:11
@1$-)
unregistered
no worries.

ive just looked at the pwer supply.....and its been rewired with brown parcel tape to seall the wires.
aaaaarghhhh 240v running through ya is not a good ......unless your into that sort of thing.
12-05-2005 19:46
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

Just got myself a Zoom PS-04 mwahahahaha!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

its sweet it really is everything I need - 4 track recording, drum machine, effects, guitar tuner & its smaller than my hand!

got it on the cheap from ebay but unfortunately im still £140 in debt though Cry
30-05-2005 15:14
@1$-)
unregistered
yeh but its only money
30-05-2005 19:20
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

I was just about to say that some harddisk mp3 players have a recording function. So that would give you all the storage space you could want, but no 4track capability. Well too late I guess since you already bought that zoom. Well you could still use one that supports usb on the go to back everything up maybe? saves you buying all the smartcards.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by djfreemc: 30-05-2005 19:31.

30-05-2005 19:29 Homepage of djfreemc
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Shop » Wanted: 4-track tape recorder