drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Cubase » VST Sends
Go to the bottom of this page VST Sends
Author
mentalist

images/avatars/avatar-1818.jpg

Registration Date: 17-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

Yet another inept question for you from the worlds most incompetent producer: in Cubase, how do you get the vst sends (under the devices drop down menu) to work? It seems to work pretty much like when you want to choose the actual vst instruments to the midi, but when I select the effect, in this case Quadrafuzz, to the channel, nothing changes Confused Trust me, I aint just asking, I have been browsing through this friggin TOME of a manual, but it doesn't seem to ever make it explicit. Roll Eyes

Really need help with this one, can see it helping my beats a good deal. So pleease gimme some advice. Bigup
05-05-2005 23:39
@1$-)
unregistered
ok what version of cubase are u using????

in sx 2......all i do is cretae an fx channel, with the fx i want to use.
then go to the channel with the audio on i want to send.....then all u do is go to the right hand side of this window, turn on the send/bus, select the fx channel, and move the "blue" line to the right, this controls how much of thew signal u want to send.

ill try and post some screenshots in a bit.
05-05-2005 23:47
broadside broadside is a male
mentalist

Helpfulness rating: 

cheers mate, im just using sx one. what im trying to place the effects on is a midi channel. hence, at the risk of repeating myself, im going to the VST sends thing, underneath the devices menu. I 'm choosing the effect in the same slot as the relavent vst instrument - the RMIV - but nothings happening. Kind of hard to understand exxaclty what your saying, would well appreciate screenshots of you can spare teh time.

Nice one Cool
06-05-2005 00:10
@1$-)
unregistered
ok ill try again.......
open the mixer.......find the midi channel with your selected instrument on. now there should be two channels not always next to each other for that instrument. one is midi...there you can put the midi fx retc. the other one will come up as a normal channel strip.you can put insert fx on this one.
other wise.create an fx channel (i think u can do this insx1 - not sure)
then find the channel you want to send in the mixer and simply set its output to the fx channel, but this will be direct rather than a send, so all the signal will be effected rather than the amount u select.
06-05-2005 00:41
broadside broadside is a male
mentalist

Helpfulness rating: 

right mate got it! Bigup I swear though, the Cubase button designs aren't the most comprehendible are they? Dont know why I wanted a send, but found the place on the mixer for inserts . . . thanks again Munki C, well explained Smile
06-05-2005 00:52
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by broadside
Yet another inept question for you from the worlds most incompetent producer:

Man, are u trying to lower our respect for ya?! Peace and chill - you'll find a way!! Big Grin

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
06-05-2005 02:17 Homepage of Muad'Dib
@1$-)
unregistered
quote:
Originally posted by broadside
right mate got it! Bigup I swear though, the Cubase button designs aren't the most comprehendible are they? Dont know why I wanted a send, but found the place on the mixer for inserts . . . thanks again Munki C, well explained Smile

it is possible to do it with a send!!!!
and to be honest its probably a better idea, because you can mix the signal. yknow having a "complete " effect over a channel isnt always a good idea. mixing the signal with a send effect almost always has a better sound.......it how you would do it on a hardware desk!!! cubase isnt really any different.
06-05-2005 15:56
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Cubase » VST Sends