drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » Huge improvement in FL sound!!
Go to the bottom of this page Huge improvement in FL sound!!
Author
evol genius

images/avatars/avatar-1689.jpg

Registration Date: 05-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.83

i just saw a thread on dogs that mentioned turning off 'circular panning'
its in options->project general settings..

its obvious when comparing two mix downs that the sound is much clearer/sharper... wtf!?

__
{{{d-_-b}}}

The Patch lab - Download free vst patches, banks and kits

mylamespace
05-05-2005 03:40 Homepage of wreakon
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

... wtf IS circular panning?

oooh...

it's where normal panning is just a constant from one pan to the other, and circular makes it a curved, thus making it less sensative halphway, and more sensative the last half of the extreme, giving a "3-d" sound when listening with speakers.

my pc speakers do that better, and i never even noticed. it would probably be why it sound seven shiter, because it's doubled.

anyways, that's only pan, why would that make any differnece? maybe wwith phat unison sounds.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

06-05-2005 06:49 Homepage of Halph-Price
wreakon wreakon is a male
evol genius

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price
anyways, that's only pan, why would that make any differnece? maybe wwith phat unison sounds.

i duno but it makes a difference to everything even just drums...

i wounder what else FL does with the sound cos there doesnt seem to be many options Confused

__
{{{d-_-b}}}

mylamespace
06-05-2005 11:18 Homepage of wreakon
Hidden identity Hidden identity is a male
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 17-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.21

circular panning is for surround sound,

the left and right shift to rear speekers if you have a 4 speeker set-up like at a theater.

you dont get true surround sound controls with FL but you do get that little feature.
like 50% left will be left 2 speekers to the left,
100% left pan will only use the rear left speeker, i tried this at my freinds house, he has very good 4 speekers.

i had a hard tyime reading the stuff u said here and understanding so if no one knew what this circular panning thing meant, now they will.
test it on a 4 speeker surrong sound set up.

what i wish is that you had control over all 4 speekers individualy, like in "session" of linkin park, rapid speeker shifts sound awsome.

...is there a vst for that or wont it work on a two channel rendered wave file out of FL?

__
I'm trying to unfuck my sig.
10-05-2005 00:03
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

here i'll draw you a picture.

than compare it to the one that FL provides explaing the circular law.

i wish it was as complex as you'd like it to be.

and now my promised picture

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

10-05-2005 00:23 Homepage of Halph-Price
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

fruity is an extremely extensive program...just because its user friendly doesnt make it a bad piece of software...yes reason and cubase are great and powerfull pieces of software, but fruity can do much mroe than people presume...evne the name says to people taht its a low quality sequencer...but its the person behind the music...i use 100% fruity and it sounds fine to me....

more on topic....i rendered 2 tracks, one wit the c.p. ad the other withough...i really dont hear much difference, but ill get back on that...

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

10-05-2005 01:19
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

i want to do an anaylsis on them in cool pro, see if there is an actual differnece in the waves.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

10-05-2005 01:31 Homepage of Halph-Price
Abnormalbrain Abnormalbrain is a male
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 24-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 4.50

What do you think about circular panning? It must be better with the "pyramide". Then you can pan your sounds left/right, and place the sorce of the sound between the speakers visiually.

__
--------------------------------------------------
da rollaz, da steppaz da true playaz
10-05-2005 23:32 Homepage of Abnormalbrain
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

the other add's a 3-d depth to the sound. it's actually cool, just doesn't work tht great. like i siad, some speakers come with a function that does that.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

11-05-2005 12:28 Homepage of Halph-Price
evol genius

Helpfulness rating: 

ahha, nice pic halph price

quote:

Originally posted by Surora23
i rendered 2 tracks, one wit the c.p. ad the other withough...i really dont hear much difference, but ill get back on that...

dont render the whole track! just a a section with a lot going on, then jump back between the two and you can hear a big difference.

fruity loops does suck, mainly becase of the interface. once your tune starts getting complicated it becomes unmanageable. But damn its easy to use and i just love the fruity slicer so much

__
{{{d-_-b}}}

mylamespace

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by wreakon: 11-05-2005 15:22.

11-05-2005 13:17 Homepage of wreakon
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

the only real problem i can see is that the nobs dont have very presise or acute peremeter control, that is, a roing mod has no exact hz control using the FL vst interface.

__
11-05-2005 23:50
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
once your tune starts getting complicated it becomes unmanageable.

??? are you using a whole bunch of small short patters?
you can make alot of stuff per patturn, i can only guess that its so un-managable because of so many little song peaces youd have to be messing with.

but please expain what you mean by "complicated" and "unmanageable"
rightnow i dont know what you mean.

__
11-05-2005 23:54
evol genius

Helpfulness rating: 

ok.. every time you make a new pattern it takes up a whole line in your playlist, even if you only use it once. so after about 60 patterns its so spread out and half off the screen

unlike cubase and reason (and others probably) where you have channels with many different patterns, like a drums channel and then all your drum patterns spread out horizontaly... i much prefer this style

it would be cool if you could jump between the two styles because the FL style is much faster initialy with few patterns

__
{{{d-_-b}}}

mylamespace

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by wreakon: 12-05-2005 15:55.

12-05-2005 02:06 Homepage of wreakon
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

the style you prefer is called, Linear sequencing (cubase, reason), instead of loop-based sequencing, like Albeton and FL Studio.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 12-05-2005 02:10.

12-05-2005 02:08 Homepage of Halph-Price
evol genius

Helpfulness rating: 

ah...ok so basicaly loop-based sequencing sucks Smile

__
{{{d-_-b}}}

mylamespace
12-05-2005 02:14 Homepage of wreakon
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

yea, fruity is WAY more looped base, albeton has a better intergration of the loops with the arrangments. fl doesn't, and encourages repatition.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

12-05-2005 02:27 Homepage of Halph-Price
gls
Steppa

Registration Date: 10-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

quote:
[i]ok.. every time you make a new pattern it takes up a whole line in your playlist, even if you only use it once. so after about 60 patterns its so spread out and half off the screen

unlike cubase and reason (and others probably) where you can channels with many different patterns. like drums and the then all your drum patterns horizontaly... i much prefer this style

it would be cool if jump between the two styles because the FL style is much faster with few patterns

If you put all your drums into a layer channel and split them so that each hit plays on a different key you can do most of your drumming in the one pattern/playlist instead of making hundreds of different ones.

If you don't know how to do this add a layer channel, select the channels you want to add to the layer and press Set Children. Then press the arrow (?) above it, next to Layering and press Group Children. Give them a name and then press Split Children, it’s above Group Children. If it worked you should be able to access all the channels you just grouped together in the Layer piano roll; it should go from C5 upwards.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by gls: 12-05-2005 12:31.

12-05-2005 12:30
evol genius

Helpfulness rating: 

yeah thats cool, havent used that before Smile ...but it doesnt reduce the number of patterns at all. all it does is allow your to use a single piano roll to control a number of instruments. Im talking about the number of patterns that gets out of control. the way the patterns are made doesnt faze me at all... yet

__
{{{d-_-b}}}

mylamespace
12-05-2005 15:52 Homepage of wreakon
spudleyq spudleyq is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1932.jpg

Registration Date: 23-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

quote:
Originally posted by gls
quote:
[i]ok.. every time you make a new pattern it takes up a whole line in your playlist, even if you only use it once. so after about 60 patterns its so spread out and half off the screen

unlike cubase and reason (and others probably) where you can channels with many different patterns. like drums and the then all your drum patterns horizontaly... i much prefer this style

it would be cool if jump between the two styles because the FL style is much faster with few patterns

If you put all your drums into a layer channel and split them so that each hit plays on a different key you can do most of your drumming in the one pattern/playlist instead of making hundreds of different ones.

If you don't know how to do this add a layer channel, select the channels you want to add to the layer and press Set Children. Then press the arrow (?) above it, next to Layering and press Group Children. Give them a name and then press Split Children, it’s above Group Children. If it worked you should be able to access all the channels you just grouped together in the Layer piano roll; it should go from C5 upwards.

THAT'S THE MOST HELPFUL ADVICE I'VE EVER GOTTEN FOR FRUITY LOOPS!!!!!!! Bigup Bigup Bigup Bigup

__

Click on the pic above to visit my music profile on Myspace.
12-05-2005 17:59 Homepage of spudleyq
gls
Steppa

Registration Date: 10-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

It can help you to reduce the number of patterns overall. Suppose you had 15 patterns just for your drums, if you layer them like I mentioned you could just use the one pattern for the lot of them.

Since I learnt how to do this I do most of my drums like it. It's a bit like using Battery but better IMO; you get more control over each sample.

In my version of FLstudio,v 5.0.2, you can merge and flatten the different patterns in the playlist as well, which helps stop things being so cluttered. Go to options in the playlist.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by gls: 12-05-2005 18:09.

12-05-2005 18:07
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » Huge improvement in FL sound!!