drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » LARP time again.
Go to the bottom of this page LARP time again.
Author
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

This WE it's Live Action Role Playing again, so I won't be around to modrate your posts and point out what crap you all talk Tongue

OK, some people think this is for nerds. I don't care, it's mighty good fun Big Grin

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

29-04-2005 10:08 Homepage of Surya
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

I prefer paintballing myself, there's nothing better to get the adrenaline pumping than running around a forest cam'd up, infilitrating bases, rescuing hostages & shooting the shit out of people Big Grin

damn good fun Gangsta
29-04-2005 10:36
suvcycle suvcycle is a male
jungle boy

images/avatars/avatar-2083.jpg

Registration Date: 03-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

looks nice...so does paintball...but these things are just way to expensive , no?

__
some run from the big guns,
some just run from the sound
29-04-2005 10:42
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

Hihi that's so sweet, dude, you rock! LARP is god, fuck paintballing, you hit a button, come on! this one you have to get right up to the fucker,a nd mash them with an ax, yea, gimme a sword and shield battle with ma helmet, than a pussy paintball gun with a facemask.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

29-04-2005 11:59 Homepage of Halph-Price
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

yeah but surely you dont actually mash the fuck outta someone for real tho right?

Where as in paintball you do actually shoot someone & it can hurt esp if you get shot in the legs or nads or something Wink
29-04-2005 12:28
@1$-)
unregistered
paintball is gooood fun, although the bruises can be a bit painful.
but surya.what the fuck are you doing, no seriously man exactly what do u do, what the fuck is larp. this is side splitting man, yknow each to their own but.......please explain, i just dont get the dressing up thing. f you wanna smack people with axes and shit then fair enough, but do u have to dress like gengis khan
29-04-2005 18:42
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by crushfuck
yeah but surely you dont actually mash the fuck outta someone for real tho right?

Where as in paintball you do actually shoot someone & it can hurt esp if you get shot in the legs or nads or something Wink

there certified foam coverd stuff, some even allow saftey arrows. so yea, you ge to bruise the guy with a big sword, honestly, it's not like some foam from nerf, like the pip shielding stuff, hard foam ofver metal or wodd.

get some power into it, it's fun with the armor on and shit to man. think football, you get that egotism goan, the macho thing happenen

paintball sucks, cuz it's just one *SPPT* form a guy a you didn't see and than you're game out. at least with this one, you can defend yourself and there's what's know as SKILL beyond random luck of the paintball turning and hitting the guy.

maybe if it was more accurate, i'd be like, hell ya, paint balls got some skill in that, but there's not even the skill of aiming. maybe positioning, if you do it ina free range game in the bush, or something along the lines of that.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

30-04-2005 00:30 Homepage of Halph-Price
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

quote:
Originally posted by crushfuck
I prefer paintballing myself, there's nothing better to get the adrenaline pumping than running around a forest cam'd up, infilitrating bases, rescuing hostages & shooting the shit out of people Big Grin

damn good fun Gangsta

i agree...Paintball is much more fun but hella expensive...you have otpay for time to use the paintball feild...then you have to rent equipment, then you have to pay for paint...next thing you know you just spent 250$ for you a 3 other guys to shoot eachother with paint for 3 hrs...NOW THATS FUN !!!!!

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

30-04-2005 15:37
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price
maybe if it was more accurate, i'd be like, hell ya, paint balls got some skill in that, but there's not even the skill of aiming. maybe positioning, if you do it ina free range game in the bush, or something along the lines of that.

yeah I bet it can be fun for people who dont know what the hell it is..

in the army they teach you that, the principals of it: say "the enemy is crossin the river" and so you know where to position yourself, ambush them, etc.

its made for those who want to know that, feel the rush but not get killed alnog the way. if you love it for real, youl be joining some mercenary deathsquad or something

ontopic:
rpg's different tho, its a game with dice and figures and artifacts etc. its great fun and doesn have to cost much. you dont realy have to wear the silly clothes and such

p.s. which one is you on the pics, Surya ??

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
30-04-2005 16:51 Homepage of cynik
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

yea, positioning while plaing guns was what i liked to do, even when we palyed as kids, i always made sure i scared the fuck out of them. that's an ensured, ya you win. fun times, high adrenaline to stalk another person, who's stalking you.

the LARP go for entire weeknds, not a few hours also. you get to camp out Big Grin . locpicking and stuff, some have skills in it and just generally acting also hence the RP (role-playing) elemnt in it. but there's some that do like roman army attack and seige tihngs too.
some have skill sheets and taht but i dunno if i id go and do that, usually setup a little town there for the wekeend also, it's usually quite impressive. don't knock it until you've tried it is my philosophy. i havve tried paintball, have you tried LARP?

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

30-04-2005 17:04 Homepage of Halph-Price
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

I didnt see muchdifference from "normal" rpg.. guess its a differnet game.. no I didnt try it but even if I wanted, theres no such thing over here. the RPG is quite spreaded and played tho

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
30-04-2005 17:19 Homepage of cynik
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

well this is an RPG, it's just LIVE ACTION. the role playing is still int here, and some still try to combine the sheet skills and everything in it, but most usually just do it on the basis of rle-playing. there's DM's that patrol around also liek ref's. i don't know what surya's is like in particular. but i bet he can give a better explination fo his when he gets back. i doubt he'll be shy on telling everything.

rpg's are cool, like D&D. LARP are the theory into practice.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

30-04-2005 17:29 Homepage of Halph-Price
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

quote:
Originally posted by cynik
p.s. which one is you on the pics, Surya ??

Last pix, extreme left in front.

I payed €50 for the whole weekend, that is including using the costumes and weapons, food and a matress with a roof above it. Quite cheap imo!

You've got two elements. Players and NPCs. The players have a quest to forfill. The NPCs can be people who help the players by giving them information of artifacts they need. Other NPCs are often monsters or other scum which serve the purpose of being hacked to pieces by the players, or the other way around, if the players aren't causious enough Smile All goes acompanied by roleplaying. You play a certain character with certain abilities and have to use these to achieve the goal. So the NPCs know the scenario, the players have to find it out.
So you do acually hit eachother with the weapons, but they're made of foam covered with latex and you wear dito armor, so you don't acually get hurt.

This weekend we had a nice forest with steap hills in it, which was very cool, but very exhausting! At a certain point I had to be a wearwolf, which is the hottest costume I've ever had, and then I had to run up and down the hills with the players chasing me. Great fun, but was I exhausted!!!

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

02-05-2005 10:57 Homepage of Surya
marine289 marine289 is a male
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 05-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

Looks like some heavy warfare is going on there Rinse Big Grin
I prefer paintball I think, but I've never played this game. Seems like good fun too though Bigup Enjoy it man, you surely deserve it after all this hard work on the site Pleased
02-05-2005 11:39
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » LARP time again.