Registration Date: 15-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.00

can't choose but have a slight pref for the pioneer

check @ Rodec.be

check @ Pioneer dj sounds

__
Sun

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Azer: 12-05-2003 14:12.

12-05-2003 13:36
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Hmm strange choice are they both new? Haven't seen any of the two yet.

Rodecs have really flakey build quality, our technician is repairing Rodecs every week and he even started to modify them so they wouldn't break down all the time.

The Pioneers are fun little thingies but they don't sound so super I think...

Give me Vestax or A&H instead Big Grin

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
12-05-2003 14:35 Homepage of thechronic
Scion Scion is a male
The Noize Squad

images/avatars/avatar-139.gif

Registration Date: 03-03-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

I asked myself the same question, bout Pioneer and Rodec. I've heard that them new Rodecs are crappy, that Rodec doesn't deliver anymore lately (especially crappy faders). Pioneer is good, but it's dangerous stuff when it comes to being broken coz of the technology in it.
I've spinned on both of them, and honestly, me like all them buttons on Pioneer for the soundeffects.
Actually it's more choosing between technology and simplicity I guess, no?
ATM I'd go for Pioneer tho, just coz the nice soundeffects (it's a toy for an older boy Big Grin )

__
Power to the peaceful
12-05-2003 14:36
Azer Azer is a male
Easy Player

images/avatars/avatar-11.jpg

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
Hmm strange choice are they both new? Haven't seen any of the two yet.

Rodecs have really flakey build quality, our technician is repairing Rodecs every week and he even started to modify them so they wouldn't break down all the time.

The Pioneers are fun little thingies but they don't sound so super I think...

only the rodec's new (newer version then)

__
Sun
12-05-2003 16:07
machakil machakil is a male
Player

images/avatars/avatar-332.gif

Registration Date: 06-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.25

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic

I'd suggest vestax.... Don't have any complaints on my darling! Bigup Bigup Bigup

__

13-05-2003 18:12
Scion Scion is a male
The Noize Squad

Helpfulness rating: 

I just fell in love with a new mixer, but then again how can you not fall in love with the new Numark DXM06
I'd like to redraw my vote and I'd like to vote for Numark Big Grin

__
Power to the peaceful
13-05-2003 19:40
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

I just looked at the RODEC website and they have been in existance for a long time, making all kinds of stuff like amps, speakers etc. Some of the pics are really funny, and I'd love to have some of their old valve stuff. Must have been great quality back then.
And there's a pic of an orange MX180!! Very fancy looking IMO Big Grin

http://www.rodec.be/about_frameset.htm

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
13-05-2003 20:57 Homepage of thechronic
Azer Azer is a male
Easy Player

images/avatars/avatar-11.jpg

Helpfulness rating: 

Shocked huge history they got over there.

i've been looking around on the vestax-site
and now i'm interested in the PMC-37pro. nice features would love to test it so i can compare the 3 mixers

__
Sun
23-05-2003 11:19
Spriggan Spriggan is a male

Registration Date: 05-08-2003

Numark sucks!
Crappy fader

If u want to invest in a good mixer,
go for Ecler.
they offer the best Soundquality.
Pioneer ain't bad, but I don't know this type of mixer.
just check if u want a good fader or not.
Vestax is surely massively good, but its up to u if u need a two-channel-mixer, which originally was build for the hiphop-scene...
Boow

__
Spriggan strikez again...
08-08-2003 16:31 Homepage of Spriggan
-J- -J- is a male
Big Bad Battyman

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.25

if you want good proper sound and a stable machine, you used to go to rodec, don't anymore, spriggan is damn right about ecler bringin you the nicest sound around, ... yuo pay the bill, but you would too if u'd buy a rodec console, so hey ...

for home use i'd buy the pioneer DJM600 tho, it's a damn fine machine and actually it gives you all that you need to mix at home and mix some JH-parties ... and it has a bit more options (FX altho i'd never use em, adjustable fader (!), ...)

__
It's a spiritual thing !

08-08-2003 17:11
Scion Scion is a male
The Noize Squad

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Spriggan
Numark sucks!
Crappy fader

I'm spinnin' on Numark for about 3 years now (I spinnined hiphop and did some scratchin'), still got the same one (the DM1002X ). I only had to buy a new crossfader but they really ain't that expensive. Also like the equalizer on my mixer too.
I have already spinned on Rodec, Ecler and Pioneer (the rest ain't worth mentioning Wink ) and they all have got their qualities and faults, but for home use you'll never hear me complain about my Numark (price/quality).

Greetz,
Scion

__
Power to the peaceful
08-08-2003 17:50
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

Vestax is my personal favourite, but if I have to choose, I'd go for the pioneer.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
08-08-2003 20:25 Homepage of djfreemc
DafteQ DafteQ is a male
Tourist

Registration Date: 08-04-2004

Helpfulness rating: 

I also choose VestaX as my favourite mixer but its a battle between rodec and pioneer. And between those mixers I choose for Rodec ! Bigup
16-10-2004 20:56 Homepage of DafteQ
Daffy dub Daffy dub is a male
Partizan

images/avatars/avatar-799.jpg

Registration Date: 11-06-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

Ok, this is quite a personal matter...

Vestax is mostly used for scratching, and I found out the contra's on the last party...

Though Machakil's Vestax is a very fine one, dont like the kill-switches next to the bass-mid hi...

The smaller Vestax (6-series?) has no mid, I normally use that a lot!!

Have no complaints about the Pioneer 500 or 600, they're both very good to use and come with some funny effects...

Rodec is solid quality, built to last for years, but I don't like their crossfaders so much (depends on how much you use those)

Ecler, only mixed with them once the killswitches on that one were too close to the crossfader, but nice to use.

Personally got a Gemini Umx series, been used to it for a few years now. Good stuff, the good thing is that just like the Vestax, it has optical faders (you don't have to change them so often, but still more often then with vestax...once untill now, in 4 years, and doing quite a bit of scratching..)

just remember: when you are going to use the faders very often (and believe me, the more you mix d&b, the more you will, to insert breaks, scratches , etc...) Only optical faders will do, though I think that Pioneers might also do the job, (only used them spinning on location though)..

But as said: Rodec is solid quality and you'll be using them for a long time. It is still often used in some smaller venues, and sometimes the mixer has been there for what seems to be a handfull of decades, still doing it's job...

Greetz,

K-Nine

__
In order to survive...
29-10-2004 22:51 Homepage of Daffy dub
wicked_wayz wicked_wayz is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1681.jpg

Registration Date: 19-03-2004

Helpfulness rating: 

i got an Ecler HAK 360 Big Grin

and indeed, best soundquality, 5 year warranty on the crossfader, you can literally blow them from one side to the other. Vestax is similar, but faders are less, eq is minimal, soundquality is less than ecler.

played on that rodec ( it seemed that one at least) on a party last saturday, and must say, it kinda sucked Frown
the position of the fader is uterly stupid, the buttons you have to push for listening to headphones are messy, small, and you have to push them hard... to much hastly to be convenient.

pioneer is usually kind off OK, but stupid effects buttons etc, more made for techno/house i guess. It's a quality machine, but for the same price, you can get a much better ecler mixer

before, i had a numark (soundquality is bad, fader busted after 2 years, worst i had) and a gemini (surprisingly ok, had it for 5 years, no problems). But that's an old gemini model, the new once are plastic crap. I sold the gemini to a friend, and it still works fine, even after 8 years.
30-10-2004 17:16 Homepage of wicked_wayz
daze_DND daze_DND is a male
MYSTIC

images/avatars/avatar-2135.gif

Registration Date: 01-11-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.25

I would go for the rodec.
Back in the day i used to have the small pioneer model (don't remember the nmbr), the one with 2 channels and mic-channel.I 've switched to rodec years ago....i am still the proud owner of a mx240( old model with hard eq-knobs).And i still love it!

Pioneer has good -overall mixers imo but the sound isn't as 'warm' imo as rodec. Also the eq is to much in 'stages' imo compared to rodec.The rodec is also build more solid.
When you are into scratching (or wanna get into it) defo go for the pioneer ...rodec xfader sucks at that (and i agree that the crssfader sucks being place on the right on this model Roll Eyes ).
Not a big fan of the fx pioneer puts on their mixers...and never use them when we mix on a pioneer.
Wel it depends on yr style of mixing i guess. i would only advice against rodec if yr heavy into fader-moves.
i m very happy i invested in my rodec back in the day and probably use this 'till it falls apart....but if i should have to replace my mixer i'd probably go for allen & heat( Shocked ) or rodec again.

__

info/tunes :: MySpace
01-11-2004 12:09
djsmilesdavis

Registration Date: 26-01-2008

for me no discussion, RODEC FOREVER
in my experience, I had more technical problems with the pioneer
and I love the purity of the sound going out
pioneer get a strange noisy soup for my ears
now i have the mixbox from the first year of production with 0 problem and a super quality sound
the only thing is that if you play only in the red line the rodec will stay ok but you'll loose quality
RODEC is the choice of smart and experimented dj, not the sponsorised ones
KEEP MIXING AND LOVING VINYLS
Afro
26-01-2008 00:38
denandbass

Registration Date: 26-07-2007

i bought a 2nd hand rodec mx-180, the thing is 20 years old...it delivers big time and i dont want anything else to mix with! pioneer are ok if you carefully avoid going in the red..but going in the red with the rodec is just fine : the built-in analog compressor works like a charm and the result is amazing.

moreover the filters are really better. imo, pioneers dont allow such a fine mixing.

but its just an opinion and a matter of habit, also. i just notice that many djs that have used rodec in the past keep on using rodec. many techno djs that have grown with rodec are still doing the same...its maybe a generation thing, but a guy like richie hawtin for instance, still uses a mx-180.
24-07-2010 15:03
drumnbass.be forum » DJ booth » DJ Gear » rodec vs. pioneer