drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Intoxication
Go to the bottom of this page Intoxication 4 Votes - Average Rating: 9.004 Votes - Average Rating: 9.004 Votes - Average Rating: 9.004 Votes - Average Rating: 9.00
Author
Player

images/avatars/avatar-1921.jpg

Registration Date: 13-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by Emblem-X

I remember myself visiting the picasso museum last year in barcelona, after 3 hours we left the building and man! we were like high lol Big Grin very weird effect, picasso overdose Big Grin

Could be related to the so called 'Stendhal syndrome'

"..‘Stendhal Syndrome’ named after the 19th century writer, who, when he was in Florence suddenly experienced a psychosis because he could not take in all the beauty around him.
It is a temporary disorder that causes rapid heartbeat, dizziness, confusion, hallucinations and sometimes unconsciousness when an individual is exposed to excessive amounts of profound art, paintings, sculpture or architecture. It is a drastic mental (and then physical) reaction to works of art that the afflicted person finds orphically profound in beauty and importance, perhaps subconsciously.."

HIGH on ART!!

This was like my very first experience with Dnb way back in 1996
visiting Drum & Rhythm festival Amsterdam. Listening to Goldie -
'Inner City Life' it begun.. Days after i was still kept in a sort of
psychosis described as above.. it slowly slipped away but, related
to experiencing music, this 'intoxication' still has a firm grip on me!

This is indeed a massive, important thread!

__
- If you can't convince them, confuse them -
19-04-2005 17:37
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

quote:
Originally posted by Moody F

"..‘Stendhal Syndrome’ named after the 19th century writer, who, when he was in Florence suddenly experienced a psychosis because he could not take in all the beauty around him.
It is a temporary disorder that causes rapid heartbeat, dizziness, confusion, hallucinations and sometimes unconsciousness when an individual is exposed to excessive amounts of profound art, paintings, sculpture or architecture. It is a drastic mental (and then physical) reaction to works of art that the afflicted person finds orphically profound in beauty and importance, perhaps subconsciously.."

HIGH on ART!!!

damn idd this is exactly what i experienced Big Grin

__

19-04-2005 21:54 Homepage of Emblem-X
Moody F Moody F is a male
Player

images/avatars/avatar-1921.jpg

Registration Date: 13-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by Emblem-X
quote:
Originally posted by Moody F

HIGH on ART!!!

damn idd this is exactly what i experienced Big Grin

I salute U, mate! Wink

__
- If you can't convince them, confuse them -
19-04-2005 22:02
Hidden identity Hidden identity is a male
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 17-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.21

No no no,
art is symbolic expression, if you are fealing realy high then you make songs that make people feal high, thats all.

its not about intoxication, its about expression by means of symbolic subcontious combinations for color or sound with a relative perpose as respects the human organism.

i compose better when its late at night cause thats when i am more in toutch with my subcontious mind, i can zone out if i want to, and get close to lucid dreaming, maybe im special to be able to be so in toutch with my subcontious, but all of ur art comes from that place, and that place expresses itself symbolicaly, thats all.

__
I'm trying to unfuck my sig.
19-04-2005 22:49
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

you're confusin the condition and the effect, intoxication is the reaso n you creat the symbolic, only with the the pumped up feeling, the inspiration can you express how you feel, in a way to elevate yourself, above just a mundane world into a hih abstract one of artistic expression.
and i don't understand what you mean by with a relative purpose as respects the human organism.

the succontious is not an easy thing to get in touch with, and usually is when you're relax, some people find that certin activites help them unwind. like playing soccer, or geting drunk. Intoxication is not only geting stoned or drunk, but just a means of attaing creative energy.

what else can you create with?

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

20-04-2005 12:17 Homepage of Halph-Price
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

um, idea?

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
20-04-2005 14:56 Homepage of cynik
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

ya, every try to just sit and come up with an idea, usually they suck, i find it's when i am doing somethnig or on something i get good ideas.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

21-04-2005 02:18 Homepage of Halph-Price
netsxer netsxer is a male
Cool Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-663.jpg

Registration Date: 29-01-2005

Okay, you might think i'm a junkie or smth, but the best inspiration/extra energy i get from ecstasy, that just gets me on a roll..And That "roll' is one hell of a ride... Bigup Big Grin

__

21-04-2005 03:52 Homepage of netsxer
gls
Steppa

Registration Date: 10-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

Didn't Nietzsche go mad in the end and spend his last days talking to a horse? Confused
23-04-2005 09:49
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by gls
Didn't Nietzsche go mad in the end and spend his last days talking to a horse? Confused

dementia is a serious disease

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
23-04-2005 10:30 Homepage of cynik
spudleyq spudleyq is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1932.jpg

Registration Date: 23-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

quote:
Originally posted by cynik
quote:
Originally posted by gls

dementia is a serious disease

Dementia is a very serious disease. And according to scientific studies, intellegence could be closely related to insanity. More intelligence, more likely to become (or already are) insane. That means us fellas!

*looks around*

*cocks his head to the side and jumps out the window* Tongue

__

Click on the pic above to visit my music profile on Myspace.
26-04-2005 15:13 Homepage of spudleyq
broadside broadside is a male
mentalist

images/avatars/avatar-1818.jpg

Registration Date: 17-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

Who would have thought DrumnBass heads could be so intellectual!

quote:
Originally posted by dirk
I think he means by "Intoxication" that you obtain a different viewpoint from the one that you/society had before .

It is the obtaining/learning of a different viewpoint that is the sparkle of art .

Greetings Dirk .

I think this guys got a point. However, without being pretentious, I think arts ability to make someone "obtain/learn" a different view point is its potency or strength, its "sparkle" is the quality of the viewpoint it makes you take. It aint good merely because it moves you, its where it moves you to.

same kind of thing applies (at the risk of being really obvious) to drugs:

nexster said "kay, you might think i'm a junkie or smth, but the best inspiration/extra energy i get from ecstasy, that just gets me on a roll..And That "roll' is one hell of a ride... "

Usually I would be in total agreement, except for the fact that the other night I had the most fucked up and scarey experience on MDMA: i was moved - but i tell you it was far from fucking sparkly.
26-04-2005 15:48
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

quote:
Originally posted by broadside

Usually I would be in total agreement, except for the fact that the other night I had the most fucked up and scarey experience on MDMA: i was moved - but i tell you it was far from fucking sparkly.

but has it put you off?
26-04-2005 15:51
broadside broadside is a male
mentalist

images/avatars/avatar-1818.jpg

Registration Date: 17-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

Yeah course it has - a bit. Honestly, words cannot describe how fucked up a bad trip can be: you'll never know unless it happens to you - but then you really know about it. The worst thing is is that you know whats happening in the back of your mind, and you know that you have got a hell of a long way to go before its over (hours can seem like years), and that no one can possibly do anything to help you, because you've ingested these pills so you are properly on your own. And that can be the worst in a rave a) because everyone around you is having such a good time, and b) because all the weird looking lifestyle clubber types (as oppose to more normal weekend ravers) and all the rudeboys dont exacly calm your paranoia. Still though, a lot of people never get this happen to them cos drugs only work with the body they get absorbed into, and some people just dont have the imagination or are just much to cool headed to let these things get to them: although the particualr chemicals of the jills are obviously important too. I know some people who have pretty much laid of weed because it can make them so paranoid: but its only acting on some insecurity that is already there. So seeing that usually I am as right as rain and have a wicked time when I drop I'll probably keep doing it. The key though, is to avoid making it a regular habit and do it with the right people and from the right people. Or at least thats gonna be my approach. Sorry if it sounds like I'm lecturing, but I would hardly wish a bad trip on my worst enemy.
26-04-2005 17:58
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

I agree with what your're saying totally, Ive been there myself and actually since then I haven't done any more class A's. It wasn't purely down to that experience but at the time I would say I was pretty a seasoned bosher but I had found that in subsequent times running up to that point that the negative feelings (in what ever form they took) were becoming more and more frequent & I was enjoying myself less and less. But ultimately though that experience (which was pretty damn nasty after boshing a gram of billy) made me decide that enough was enough.

Like you say though next time things will probably be different, with a different frame of mind, different atmosphere & sound people things will probably be cool as fuck as usual but definitely listen to your own advice there man - doing shit every weekend is bad news, you dont realise at first but after a while you notice how fried your brain becomes & how much a of retard you start to become - every so often though is a different story a its no where near as bad for you, there are times when ive been really up for it coz ive been in the right mood & frame of mind but ive resisted coz im stubborn & I always stick to my word but thats just me...

but yeah I wouldn't wish a bad drug experience, regardless of which drug its from, on anybody. My advice is stick to buying shit off people you know & dont take shit every week! Bigup
26-04-2005 18:36
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by gls

yes. he went mad a few months after writing this Big Grin

the strain of intellgence.

but another thing that helps with creating art, is also just having a good meal, being content and happy in that sort also. .... not just drugs.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 26-04-2005 21:46.

26-04-2005 21:46 Homepage of Halph-Price
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2]
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Intoxication