drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » What are ppl using to analyse sound?
Go to the bottom of this page What are ppl using to analyse sound? 3 Votes - Average Rating: 9.003 Votes - Average Rating: 9.003 Votes - Average Rating: 9.003 Votes - Average Rating: 9.00
Author
evol genius

images/avatars/avatar-1689.jpg

Registration Date: 05-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.83

well i use a free vst oscilloscope called s(M)exoscope which seems ok for viewing waveforms although it updates quite slow

Surya suggested PrettyFastFFT which is amazing!! gives you a 3D frequency analysis in openGL! Input is though the recording channel in your sound card mixer

but im interested to find out what other ppl are using Smile

__
{{{d-_-b}}}

The Patch lab - Download free vst patches, banks and kits

mylamespace

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by wreakon: 14-04-2005 08:11.

13-04-2005 10:50 Homepage of wreakon
Soi Soi is a male
Super Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-2543.jpg

Registration Date: 29-01-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
15 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

Wavelab also has very detailed an fun-to-work-with frequency analysis options.
Coloured freq's, different perspectives of the frequence/time graphics...

Soi has attached this image (reduced version):
freqanalysis.jpg

__
a myspace
my tunes
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."
13-04-2005 12:47 Homepage of Soi
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

I often use the Waves PAZ analyser because it has a really nice phase meter. The PAZ frequency analyser is good too, but it is a bit limited in resolution, especially in the low end.

I can recommend buying a cheap digital EQ and frequency analyser in a hardware unit (eg the Behringer Ultracurve DSP8024). This is really nice to have since you can hook it up to your desk output and check the frequency response of any sound coming out of your speakers all the time.
You can find these units second hand on Ebay for only 60-80 euros, so it's definitely worth the cash.

And you can even use it to measure the frequency response of your room, and learn how to whistle certain frequencies. Haven't practised my 1kHz whistle in a while though Big Grin

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
13-04-2005 13:19 Homepage of thechronic
spudleyq spudleyq is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1932.jpg

Registration Date: 23-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
I often use the Waves PAZ analyser because it has a really nice phase meter. The PAZ frequency analyser is good too, but it is a bit limited in resolution, especially in the low end.

I can recommend buying a cheap digital EQ and frequency analyser in a hardware unit (eg the Behringer Ultracurve DSP8024). This is really nice to have since you can hook it up to your desk output and check the frequency response of any sound coming out of your speakers all the time.
You can find these units second hand on Ebay for only 60-80 euros, so it's definitely worth the cash.

And you can even use it to measure the frequency response of your room, and learn how to whistle certain frequencies. Haven't practised my 1kHz whistle in a while though Big Grin

Haha, I need to get me one of them!!

__

Click on the pic above to visit my music profile on Myspace.
13-04-2005 14:25 Homepage of spudleyq
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

i found a flashy winamp plug it's not acruat entirly, but it's the best i can find for winamp. since i couldn get the fastFFT to work.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

13-04-2005 17:37 Homepage of Halph-Price
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

I use Elemental Audio's Inspector , but this is a VSTi, which means you need a VSTi engine to get it to work (a sequencer or smthin). Very good analyzer, and the quality and speed of analysis depends on the speed of your PC.

ps
it's free Bigup

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
13-04-2005 18:12 Homepage of Muad'Dib
@1$-)
unregistered
quote:
Originally posted by thechronic

yes yes mr chronic you know your shit!!!
i also use the paz its absolutely wicked, the benift of this is if youve got a track which you want to compare your own with you can load in the wav and save the settings for comparison, and besides its really accurate as well
13-04-2005 21:30
phonatic
Producer

Registration Date: 21-03-2005

voxengo SPAN vst Wink

http://www.voxengo.com/freevst/#VoxengoSPANVST

__
http://www.thehubnet.co.uk/
19-04-2005 11:25 Homepage of phonatic
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

i use voxspan for my tracks, with a +4 boost on the top end, you can get good levels, and have good raete, it's free, good company.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

19-04-2005 12:08 Homepage of Halph-Price
wreakon wreakon is a male
evol genius

images/avatars/avatar-1689.jpg

Registration Date: 05-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.83

there is a bunch of goodies here Big Grin

__
{{{d-_-b}}}

The Patch lab - Download free vst patches, banks and kits

mylamespace
05-05-2005 15:21 Homepage of wreakon
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by reckon
there is a bunch of goodies here Big Grin

Thanx Bigup

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
05-05-2005 15:50 Homepage of Muad'Dib
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » What are ppl using to analyse sound?