drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » studio specifics
Go to the bottom of this page studio specifics
Author
Hidden identity Hidden identity is a male
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 17-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.21

do studios only produce sertian genres of music? cause id like to know.
example : dance music. are there sertain labels and crap like that that only do dance music as a genre?
if there are themed studios and producer dudes that are predjudice then id realy like to know!
i need : addresses for studios or record label guy'z addresses for the genres of:
DnB, Core, ambiance, classical, industrial, progressive-techno, sci-fi sound tracks.
....thats what i can think of first of all, i do anot of difforent stuff musicaly.
thanks in advance for any helps!

__
I'm trying to unfuck my sig.
11-04-2005 22:47
iNSiGHt iNSiGHt is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-745.jpg

Registration Date: 10-08-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

nowadays with accessability to studio equipment so much easier alot of studios cover as many boundaries as possible.

At the moment the studio I work in, we are predominantly live, therefore actual recording. But this does not exclude any styles we can reasonably accommodate ie. too small to do large orchestral recordings, but I have worked with bands from punk, folk, funk, jazz, indy and solo artist/songwriters to name a few.

We are looking to expand to accommodate dance orientated music (one reason it's what I do lol)

But there are no boundaries in music and most proffessional studio should cover as much as possible.

You will gett specific area like, voice-over/'multimedia studios for adverts and radio etc... and some dance orientated studios that may not have the space for a live room, or no interest in actual recording and work solely in sampling and synthesis.

I recommend searching google.

There's something for everyone.
Good Luck Bigup

__
"since when has this music ever been about making fuckin money!"

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by iNSiGHt: 12-04-2005 05:10.

12-04-2005 05:08
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

I don't think any studio will refuse clients based on the music style.

Some studios I know will invite other engineers in when they get a band in a music style they don't have experience with. Mostly this is the case with dance music.

Most studios do non-electronic music 95% of the time, so if you want to record electronic music in a studio, you should seek out an engineer with experience in electronic music rather than contact a studio directly.
Most engineers work in a number of studios and they can pick one fitting your budget and music style. You can get a discount on the studio price through the engineer, but you'll have to pay his fee too which is usually between 250-500 euro a day. Decent studios cost between 300 and 1000 euro a day. You can mix between 1-4 songs a day depending on the complexity of the songs, the amount of preparation you have put in it and your personal skill in explaining what you want with the sound Wink

In the end the sound you get depends more on the engineer's skill than the studio quality. Put an inexperienced engineer in a top studio and your sound will still be crap.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
12-04-2005 11:47 Homepage of thechronic
@1$-)
unregistered
right im presuming youve already got a basic studio set up and your making beats.......instead of spending stupid money on studio time why dont you get some basic masteing done??? theres a good london based engineer who charges around £29 a track (roughly) do a google search for audioplexus.
if your just interested in sending some demos out or want a better quality dubplate to play out then this would be a cheaper option.and should sound pretty good.

and any studio worth its salt should cater for all styles.....but its best to go someowhere with an engineer who knows records in the genres your making, and checking their kit list is the first thing to do.
know what you want and be prepared.its cheaper
12-04-2005 11:56
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
your personal skill in explaining what you want with the sound Wink

Yeah, like Patrick

Technician: "Oe moe da klinken jong?" (In English: "What should it sound like")
Patrick: "Gelijk nen TGV da van ier naar Parijs rijdt" (in Englis: "Like a TGV that goes from here to Paris")

That's how T99 - Gardiac got mixed Big Grin

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

12-04-2005 12:07 Homepage of Surya
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

probably before studios had certin sounds, but now no engineers or producers are on salery, but on contracts.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

12-04-2005 19:10 Homepage of Halph-Price
Hidden identity Hidden identity is a male
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 17-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.21

oops, i meant labels is what i meant, sorry...
i dont have my own studio,
just a mike, pre-amp, lots of sortwere.

enough to make nice compuer-made songs and a bit of recording of crap. its decent though!

anyways yah, what ima loooking for is electronica labels.
me and kartik were making trance and techno stuff,
working on an album thing.
special thanks to the chronic for his big detailed reply^
and everyone else at the board to! Bigup Big Grin
[wut i want is a how-to-get-distribution-contract-for-my-tunes tutorial, ouch.. wonder were i could find that.]

__
I'm trying to unfuck my sig.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hidden identity: 25-05-2005 20:47.

25-05-2005 20:46
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

oh yea, labels have there own sound. but they look for new sounds from that genre.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

26-05-2005 18:23 Homepage of Halph-Price
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » studio specifics