drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » recording with high sample rates in fruity loops
Go to the bottom of this page recording with high sample rates in fruity loops
Author
Hidden identity Hidden identity is a male
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 17-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.21

Yo, FL-Studio 4.5 seams like a mega bitch when it comes to high kHz exports.
the sound turns to garbage when you set the sample rate to 88.2kHz then export as a wav.
44.1k is fine though.
when a record with my mike and pre-amp at 88.2kHz there is this little highpitch
ring sound that also gets recorded for some reason.... Frown -(only at the higher sample rates does this ring exist)
anyways im wondering what difforence does it realy make if you have a sample at 32bit, or at 88.2kHz.
does the sound loose less quality if played at ultra low speeds?
im guessing that 88.2kHz only has a higher and more acute frequency spectrum, thats all.

__
I'm trying to unfuck my sig.
11-04-2005 22:31
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

put a low filter on it to cut out that high level noise, it could be above 22khz, or fl might just not like it, and when it converts it down it reads some slight noise up in the spectrum and converts, the before unheard noise, to a lower level thus making it audiable. can't tell you, but run it through a low-pass filter before converting and see if that helps.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

12-04-2005 05:55 Homepage of Halph-Price
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

quote:
Originally posted by Hidden identity
when a record with my mike and pre-amp at 88.2kHz there is this little highpitch ring sound that also gets recorded for some reason.... Frown -(only at the higher sample rates does this ring exist)

I guess your mic is sending it, and your recording software isn't acurate enough to register it on lower samplerates or something. Just filter it out...

quote:
Originally posted by Hidden identity
anyways im wondering what difforence does it realy make if you have a sample at 32bit, or at 88.2kHz.
does the sound loose less quality if played at ultra low speeds?
im guessing that 88.2kHz only has a higher and more acute frequency spectrum, thats all.

Indeed. More acurate, especially for the higher frequencies...

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

12-04-2005 07:14 Homepage of Surya
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Try recording with a different program. Could be anything, probably not the mic though since the problem is not occurring in 44.1kHz.
Maybe your mic pre has a problem? Is your equipment properly earthed?

Unless you are using a very good studio mic you're not going to notice a difference in 88.2 btw, regular mics don't have a frequency response that extends up to 40kHz Wink
Same goes for 24 bit - unless you use a very good mic in a noiseless environment you're not gaining any headroom so it's better to stick to 16 bit.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
12-04-2005 11:23 Homepage of thechronic
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

no, i was rendering a synth sound and the old FL studio F***ed itself,
but i dont have that problem with FL 5.02,
i think they changed the playback engine or somthing...

my mics needa quiet room is what they need, and im in the damned living room Frown

but noise reduction program = hidden identity of back ground noise,
no one will ever know that i used a vocal mic at low gain for my drum recordings... unless ofcourse some one were to say that.
*crickets* -(ah yes, ambiant crickets) *starts to record*

__
25-05-2005 20:51
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

Head room hey?
when i exported a distortion beat from FL 5.02 at 32bit,
wut happened is it didnt clip itself and int he wave editor i could normaluize the volume levels and the clipping was less even though i wanted it to sound hard and loud so i made it clip,
but thats how i learned one of the difforences between 32bit and regular, any other difforences that stand out other then more dB limit?
or am i off (nothing but experimentation is hwo i learned any audio anything)

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
Try recording with a different program. Could be anything, probably not the mic though since the problem is not occurring in 44.1kHz.
Maybe your mic pre has a problem? Is your equipment properly earthed?

Unless you are using a very good studio mic you're not going to notice a difference in 88.2 btw, regular mics don't have a frequency response that extends up to 40kHz Wink
Same goes for 24 bit - unless you use a very good mic in a noiseless environment you're not gaining any headroom so it's better to stick to 16 bit.

__
25-05-2005 20:53
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » recording with high sample rates in fruity loops