drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » DJ booth » DJ Gear » Why put ur weights backwards?
Go to the bottom of this page Why put ur weights backwards?
Author
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

What's the use of putting ur weight backwards?
I've seen so many dj's doing that, so it must have another reason than to look good Roll Eyes

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
10-04-2005 00:18 Homepage of Friscko
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

quote:
Originally posted by Friscko
What's the use of putting ur weight backwards?
I've seen so many dj's doing that, so it must have another reason than to look good Roll Eyes

In environments with a lot of vibrations, such as at a party with an unstable floor and/or unstable table for putting your gear, or if the speakers are too close to the dj booth and too loud it will put more pressure on the needle so it doesn't skip. Under normal curcumstances though, using your weight backwards is out of the question if you love your records and needles, because it will make them wear out much faster. So only reverse your weight if there are no other options left. If you want to know how to balance a tonearm exactly, refer to your TT's and needles manuals, or some other threads on this board.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
10-04-2005 11:20 Homepage of djfreemc
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

Yeah, but the some of the problems i asked about in My turntable hates me have been solved trying this.
Does it really make such a big difference in weight?

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Friscko: 10-04-2005 15:53.

10-04-2005 15:32 Homepage of Friscko
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

It doesn't make a lot of difference between just all the way down, and reversed. The weight scale ring is only a few millimeters thick, so not having it there will make maybe 0.5-0;8 gramms difference.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
10-04-2005 21:26 Homepage of djfreemc
rainey
Tourist

Registration Date: 18-11-2007

ive always had mine backwards, i decks just cant handle the scratching if they normal
18-11-2007 18:02
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

do you mean weight of the balance or weight of the dj Smile ?
22-11-2007 19:36
demolitionkid demolitionkid is a male
where's demo?

images/avatars/avatar-2248.jpg

Registration Date: 08-11-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

if the table your shit is on is unlevel the last resort is to reverse your weights and start added more weights like pennies and change.so worse case scenario
is your at the club about to play your set and the djs tracks before you are jumping everywhere.throw all the weight to hold it down in the groove and hope its not a bent tone arm Pleased alot of "clubs" buy second hand shit this is why you see it so much.its either the sounds being ran in mono and split up to simulate stereo or the tone arm jumps everywhere.this is a vital part of the club dj life.this is exactly why ALOT of people demand there own shit or use cdjs or a laptop.i llove cdjs myyself ,but the pioneer dj software and the m-audio torq software/hardware do look very nice. i wish pioneer would make there fucking software midi capable so we could use any controller but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Big Grin
14-12-2007 12:20 Homepage of demolitionkid
drumnbass.be forum » DJ booth » DJ Gear » Why put ur weights backwards?