drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Stitched up on Ebay
Go to the bottom of this page Stitched up on Ebay
Author
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

I have just brought the Twin Peaks DVD box set from eBay which cost me £100 and when I received them I found out they were copies. So obviously I was pretty fuckin pissed about it. (I never would have paid that much money for copies)

It wasnt mentioned in the auction listing, I e mailed the seller to try and sort it out and he basically sent me several hostile emails is saying its my fault as the listing does not state either way if they are copies or not. but surely it goes without saying that if it does not state that they are copies then buyers would expect originals?

The seller has now refused to issue me a refund and has today ended their E Bay account (I am not sure if the buyer or E Bay did this coz he had more of the same for sale). I have started a dispute under the buyer protection programme, but this takes time and I am not sure what will happen with it.

Basically I wanna try & get my money back - will E Bay refund me or does anyone know if is there anything else that I can do to get my money back coz this is like not just a few quid its a £100 fucking quid!!

cheers dudes

Cry
29-03-2005 22:10
@1$-)
unregistered
i know someone who spent several thousand on studio gear on there.......he never got it!!! they started an investigation but it came to nothing!!! its bollocks......what can i say....
29-03-2005 23:45
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

he didn't say they were originals. hmm.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

29-03-2005 23:57 Homepage of Halph-Price
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

quote:
Originally posted by crushfuck
he basically sent me several hostile emails is saying its my fault as the listing does not state either way if they are copies or not.

Yeah, like that counts! It's illegal to sell copies, so assuming they were retail was quite normal and not your fault.

Anyway, I'm afraid there's very little you can do. Maybe you could contact his ISP if you have his IP adress?

Oh yeah, I thought the box was cheaper if you bought it new (if it is THIS box you bought, you are SERIOUSLY fucked!!!)

I'd say: stick to internet shops for that kind of business!

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

30-03-2005 06:58 Homepage of Surya
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

quote:
Originally posted by Surya
Oh yeah, I thought the box was cheaper if you bought it new (if it is THIS box you bought, you are SERIOUSLY fucked!!!)

Nah this was for the out of print spanish box set with series one & all of series 2. At the moment you cannot buy series 2 on DVD - I think they are planning to release it at the end of 2005, but I couldnt wait that long! I actually already had that set you were talking about, but looking around on eBay it was about the same price to get both as it was to get just series 2 anyway.
30-03-2005 10:00
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

Don't think e-bay is be able to do much. Read their policy. If I remember right it states that the final sale is done between the seller and the buyer and that ebay is in no way responsible for it and blablabla. They may try to help you in order not to get bad publicity, but legally they don't have to do a damn thing. Only way you can go I think is indeed the sales of illegal goods & stuff.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by djfreemc: 30-03-2005 18:39.

30-03-2005 18:38 Homepage of djfreemc
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

that boxset that surya posted would have rocked for easter all three disks have "Easter egg (hidden feature)"

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

30-03-2005 20:08 Homepage of Halph-Price
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Stitched up on Ebay