Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

quote:
Originally posted by Surya
quote:
Originally posted by djfreemc
Unimportant detail, but I even like the blue led's Wink

[whispermode]
Don't tell anyone, but that's the only reason I want those speakers in fact Tongue
[/whispermode]

LOL
Baby
ROFL ROFL ROFL

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
15-08-2003 20:15 Homepage of djfreemc
Scion Scion is a male
The Noize Squad

images/avatars/avatar-139.gif

Registration Date: 03-03-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

I've been asked to help out in our youth house: they want to buy new speakers, and there's a special on Beringher in our local shop, the B300 is sold there for a very low price: € 470/piece. Are they any good to put in a youth house as normal speakers and as speakers for a party (of course we'll hire some subwoofers with it)? I need some hel ASAP, coz this special is selling like hell and I'll have to let them now fast.

Thx in advance

__
Power to the peaceful
27-10-2003 14:35
Contradiction Contradiction is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-119.jpg

Registration Date: 29-09-2003

i'm going for these prob. ; KRK V8

not the cheapest option but damn what a sound...

__

12-11-2003 21:23
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

What do they cost?

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

12-11-2003 21:51 Homepage of Surya
Cool Steppa

1600 ¤

lots of money, BUT they are preamped so you can't blow up your speakers because you got a bad amp (so called active speakers) and they are pro monitors and used in many studios... and pretty much the best you can get in this price range

i'm testing 3 pair for the moment;
-behringer truth B2031p
- roland DS-90a
- klein-hummel 0-100

they are all active monitors but my fav of the three is the roland, the only one powerful enough to satisfie my wishes. the behringer's isn't all that anyway but then again it's behringer... (opel is a german car too if you know what i'm trying to say...) the k+h monitors or the expensived but they don't produce enough sound imo, don't get me wrong the sound that they procuce is Shocked but not loud enough Smile
but when i compare the roland with the krk's i'm still choosing the krk's, they blow your roof off and the sound is cristal clear, of course the most expensive ones but this is a buy that will last for a very long time (at least that is what is meant to be)

__

13-11-2003 10:03
Cool Steppa

ooh and if you're planning to buy monitors, always try to test them at home cause they tend to sound really cold and hard outside a studio... they should really be tested in your room

__

13-11-2003 10:07
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Contradiction
1600 ¤

Per pair or per unit?

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

13-11-2003 12:40 Homepage of Surya
Cool Steppa

that's for a pair

another thing; if you really have the cash, you should buy genelec, the best of the best... but unpayable for me

__

13-11-2003 13:10
D-Lux
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-121.gif

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.33

Waaay to much for me... I prefer spending my money on vinyl and snowboardtrips Tongue

Any way... Why do you need to spend all that money on monitors? does it really makes such a difference? just wondering... Cause my installation sounds perfect at my home (will check what it is this evening)

__
Every monday from 200h00 till 22h00! Check --->

13-11-2003 15:31
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

An installation often sounds perfect, until you hear better stuff. Do speakers of ¤40000 sound better than speakers of ¤90000? Sure they do!
I have monitors I paid ¤361 for a pair, and they do sound very good. But I'm sure them Mackies (¤1200 per unit) do sound better. They are active, have a flatter curve and a wider frequency range. What most people forget is that speakers in fact should have a higher range than we can hear, to give acurate playback of the harmonics. Cheap speakers sure as hell don't do that.
So for monitoring, you should buy the best speakers your buget allows.

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

13-11-2003 15:51 Homepage of Surya
Cool Steppa

first of all you have to know what you want; hifi speakers or monitors; hifi tend to make your music sound better then it is, as the chronic said it so beautiful;

quote:
That's why they're not suited for making music on, cause when you play it to somebody who doesn't have B&W it will sound less clear

Pro monitors have a different goal, they don't try to sound as good as possible, but as neutral as possible. If you mix something and it sounds good on pro speakers it will normally sound good on anything.

and then you still have active and passive speakers, or with other words, monitors with a build-in amp or not.

those are the things that make it so exspensive and once you've heard the difference between REALLY good sound and "normal" good sound you'll know what to choose Smile

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Contradiction: 13-11-2003 16:06.

13-11-2003 16:04
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

Indeed. But if I had the cash, I think I would go for active ones.

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

13-11-2003 16:08 Homepage of Surya
Cool Steppa

quote:

that's what i'm planning to do, no more messing around with amps and speakers and no more blowing things up Big Grin

__

13-11-2003 16:10
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

quote:
quote:

that's what i'm planning to do, no more messing around with amps and speakers and no more blowing things up Big Grin

Depends... Some active speakers have a limiter built in so they do not break down easily, others just have amps and crossovers, so if you push them too hard they will blow anyway.
Mind your ears, you need them Wink
quote:
the k+h monitors or the expensived but they don't produce enough sound imo, don't get me wrong the sound that they procuce is Shocked but not loud enough Smile
but when i compare the roland with the krk's i'm still choosing the krk's, they blow your roof off and the sound is cristal clear, of course the most expensive ones but this is a buy that will last for a very long time (at least that is what is meant to be)

If you like to play loud and are going to buy the KRK's then buy a couple of spare tweeters along with it Big Grin
The KRK's have very fragile tweeters but they are easy to replace when they break Wink

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
14-11-2003 11:36 Homepage of thechronic
Cool Steppa

thx for the info chronic, we have a pair of krk's in our studio but didn't have to replace anything YET. but then again i never used them Big Grin

was a bit wrong with the price though... it's 1750 ¤ / pair ex BTW... still concidering though, but if anyone has some more info/experiences, please share them cause it's a whole lot of money Smile

__

14-11-2003 17:25
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Go get them in Music Store in Köln (Germany), it's 1776 euro inclusive VAT there, saves you nearly 400 euros on taxes, well worth a trip there, and you can see the Dom too Big Grin

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
15-11-2003 10:27 Homepage of thechronic
Cool Steppa

well, i can buy them taxfree in belgium, so it's still cheaper

too bad i won't see the dom then Big Grin

__

15-11-2003 10:32
Eskil Eskil is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 25-11-2003

tell me if i'm wrong but is it stupid to buy studiomonitors if you want to use them for a setup with you'r turntables???

first i was in search for some good nearfield monitors but somebody have me the advice to buy some decent hifi-speakers with a good amp for "musiclistening and spinnin reccordz' usage" in my room and monitors for producin', but he also mentioned i better don't buy budget monitors, if i would buy monitors i have a budget around ¤300 to ¤500 and he mentioned them budget monitors aren't that good so i should bether look out for a good monitor-headphone...

i think i will search for some good hifi-speakers for my turntabels and an amp and a good headphone for producin'... does somebody has any advice for a good headphone for producin'(flat,clear sound etc.) and prices and that sort of things ????

thanx and greetz Eskil
06-08-2004 02:36
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

cerwin vega...if you find their complete line up, they have a lot of really good stuff for cheap...youll spend about 3-600$(u.s cash) but its worth it...especially if your looking for studio monitors...

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

06-08-2004 07:32
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

I don't think cheap monitors are bad. The more expensive, the better (mostly) offcourse, but that doens't mean the cheap ones are crap...

As for spinning: dunno man, coud be...

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

06-08-2004 11:45 Homepage of Surya
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next »
drumnbass.be forum » DJ booth » DJ Gear » Speakers