drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » might wanna read this...
Go to the bottom of this page might wanna read this...
Author
Old-School Rolla

images/avatars/avatar-955.jpeg

Registration Date: 02-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.71

if you haven't already heard...

http://www.winamp.com/about/article.php?aid=10608

this may affect a lot of producers
27-03-2005 04:20
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

IN AMERIKA.

fuckers.

Copyright is become insane. it's like a multi tenticled greed machine. art cannot be expressed it has to packaged, marketed, tested for demographics, sent to be poished, plasticed, mass produced, and then smoothed out like barbie's new malibu car.

what started out as trying to get money to get their songs out more turned around and became controlled by stockholders and the bottemline with little or no regards to good music or musical talent. What is important is that there is money.

When it's talked about piracy in the music industry, it should be seen as the few "major labels" that compete against KaZaA and Napster, and they dropped prices down 25%.

25%

this means they were still making profit.

normal profit mark-up is between 15-25%. they were way over. they over charged. they are doing it again now that there getting more secure in their monopoly.

stop getting free speech and start paying. and pay out your ass, for no reason, other than because they can do it, and you will pay out your ass. you will get stomped on because you like the music and they get richer. even though they are hurting for money.

they work at small dead end jobs, and have to come home to bullshit and want to put their headphones on and jut mellow out for a bit while listening to music.

honest to god if it's not one thing it's another, eventually they have it down to you pay for evey song you listen to, like radios, and then they'll be complete [<- content?] .

BOYCOTT ANY AND ALL MAJOR LABELS. no and if's or buts.

[EDIT by muaddib -> Because I think this text has enourmeous importance, I felt myself free to repair the language errors and mistakes that were caused by Halph-price, so that all others can understand what Halph-price is trying to say. I fixed some structure and I've given a suggestion for some words in the text. Nevertheless, this text has significant importance and I ask for you to read it.

dnb.be team ]

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 27-03-2005 18:22.

27-03-2005 07:23 Homepage of Halph-Price
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

Free Sampling Killed by Court of Appeals
Published: Sep. 9, 2004
By Mike Darrah

On Tuesday, the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals in Cincinnati turned the playing field for digital sampling completely upside-down. The court ruled quite simply that any and all samples used must paid for, even if they sound completely different from their original. Previously, if a digital sample wasn't identifiable from it's original it was perfectly legal.
The court stated that the recent federal laws aimed at stopping piracy of recordings applied directly to digital sampling also, slapping any and all artists who use samples in their works in the face with the very laws some of them fought for.

With the new rules and current state of the industry (greed), many speculate that if this ruling existed before many classic hip-hop albums such as Paul's Boutique from the Beastie Boys would quite simply be too difficult to get proper licensing for to release.

What does this mean for the future of digitally produced music built upon sampling? One thing is for sure, under the current ruling, artistic innovation has been smothered by greed. There is one clear winner in this ruling, copyright lawyer's, as it also opens the floodgates for massive future litigation on any and all works using digital sampling.

thats fucking insane...
wtf... at this rate...NONE OF US ARE GONNA BE SIGNED PRODUCERS UNLESS WE FUCKING USE 100% hardware...and record all our shit...that MEANS NO MORE AMENS GUYS!, tahts means no fucking nothing...FUCK THIS SHIT...IM WITH HALPH PRICEY ON THIS ONE....FUCK ALL MAJOR FUCKING LABELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVEN THAT GOOD SHIT LIKE Tommy Boy and what not...fuck it all to muther fucking hell...i hate this god damned country...FUCK AMERICA!!!!!!!!!

god damnit there are no fucking words for the furry i have right now... *throws pillow accross room and stabs a bed with pocket knife* <<<i really jsut did that....fkjlasdhfkjlasdfjklsahdfklashdfkjlsadfklsadkfjslkadhfkljsadfh

Death i want to start a fucking riot!!!!! whos with me!!!!!!!!!

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

27-03-2005 08:24
tracassasin tracassasin is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-815.jpg

Registration Date: 08-02-2005

yeah right fuck that see who listens and its not your beds fault what if the blade unhinged and sliced your hand now wouldnt that be a bitch.

__

¬DYNASTY ENTERPRlSE

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tracassasin: 27-03-2005 08:38.

27-03-2005 08:37
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

27-03-2005 08:44 Homepage of Halph-Price
Cool Producer

im american joining ARMY and if i was that bitch id be squeezing a SAW at that dood not pretending

__

¬DYNASTY ENTERPRlSE
27-03-2005 08:52
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

and if you were in nazi germany, you'd be manning the ovens.

and not as a chef.

what would you do HERE

"God, Family, Nation. Like the Nazis before us, we Americans have become the ideology of (American) Supremacy to justify our attempt dominate the world--for their own good of course. And like the Nazis before us, we attempt to rationalize and justify the wanton murder, crimes, and atrocities commited by our Empire in the name of God. "
-Douglas Herman
http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2003/06/266369.shtml

in a free land you can make art.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 27-03-2005 09:47.

27-03-2005 09:38 Homepage of Halph-Price
Darkside Darkside is a male
Old-School Rolla

Helpfulness rating: 

yeah this is really jus stupid as hell...if james brown, the winstons, all the others whose breaks we use, could know that they had all practically sparked the beginning of a new genre, they would probably be proud rather than want to sue us
27-03-2005 17:39
Old-School Rolla

Helpfulness rating: 

man surora... that riot is jus wishful thinking...sure we could start one of those online petitions, but to convince Congress, the RIAA, whoever else is supporting this, our support would have to be massive
27-03-2005 17:43
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

online petitions, ha. when was the last time you ever heard of one working.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

27-03-2005 18:21 Homepage of Halph-Price

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Darkside
man surora... that riot is jus wishful thinking...sure we could start one of those online petitions, but to convince Congress, the RIAA, whoever else is supporting this, our support would have to be massive

we could take it to the supreme court...but youre right...wed have to have mad support and some damn good fucking lawyers...

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

27-03-2005 19:47
Cool Producer

quote:
what would you do HERE

lol half id probably take that sign and go home n hang it cus it look pretty cool. the way see it, bush is keeping me safe regardless of his words or actions. so as long as i dont have to kill people out my windows and i feel safe in my country i really dont give 2 fucks im not him

__

¬DYNASTY ENTERPRlSE
27-03-2005 19:49
Old-School Rolla

Helpfulness rating: 

we should at least be able to do something tho...i mean it's not like totally hopeless yet, not everyone agrees with this.

"It seems a little extreme to me," said James Van Hook, dean of Belmont University's Mike Curb College of Entertainment and Music Business. "When something is identifiable, that is the key."

i mean, the big guys aren't all in on this yet. they'll realize what the appeals court is doing is stupid. i mean...rap music is almost completely based around sampling, and once the number of rap albums released is about a quarter of what it used to be, there may be a bit of a change in the economy Big Grin

also i'm sure that representatives for people who made the original breaks we use or the people themselves are still alive and we can just ask them for permission...james brown, creator of the funky drummer classic break, is still alive... and also there's the fact that every producer has heard 1000 times: NO ONE owns the sound of a drum. a melody is different...but most melody samples that dnb producers use have "royalty-free" stamped all over them.

if one drummer hits a snare drum and another right after him, the second one's not liable to be sued because his hit was identifiable to be similar to the first drummer's, correct?

and if all else fails...dnb can just dig deeper underground...i hope you guys can see there's still hope here
27-03-2005 20:44
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by tracassasin
quote:
what would you do HERE

lol half id probably take that sign and go home n hang it cus it look pretty cool. the way see it, bush is keeping me safe regardless of his words or actions. so as long as i dont have to kill people out my windows and i feel safe in my country i really dont give 2 fucks im not him

the word HERE is a link to another picture from the same prison you wanted to work at. because all criminals have the right to be hooded and forced into humilating positions. than beaten to death after being starved and having elctrodes on there genitalias. amerika is great! HOO-YAH.

but that's besides the point. amerika is just becomeing more like Orwell's Nineteen-Eighty-Four.

Art was minimalised there as well. Because money is power. and POWER IS GOD.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 27-03-2005 21:38.

27-03-2005 21:33 Homepage of Halph-Price
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Jeez, so glad I don't live in the US! That descision is clearly made by people who have absolutely NO idea what this means!

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

27-03-2005 21:33 Homepage of Surya
Old-School Rolla

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Surya
That descision is clearly made by people who have absolutely NO idea what this means!

yep...precisely what i'm trying to get through here...hopefully it'll be stopped before it grows. someone over here is going to see the light. this is going to become bigger and bigger of an issue. when you search for it on the internet you get all kinds of stuff. wait until sony gets word...Acid Pro is basically entirely sample-based...hell, wait until image-line gets word...this sucks
27-03-2005 22:20
Cool Producer

watch the nick berg video dood remember he had a family and the ppl who killed him were born to hate born to kill what goes around comes around. the population doesnt even know half of the atrocities commited by al quaida etc..

and dont tell me i dont know what im talking about fuck politics im getting rich

and whats that darkside nothing that breathe the same air as me will kill me

__

¬DYNASTY ENTERPRlSE

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by tracassasin: 27-03-2005 22:33.

27-03-2005 22:27
@1$-)
unregistered
* talkin shit

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by utter muppet: 11-10-2007 04:44.

28-03-2005 00:25
Old-School Rolla

Helpfulness rating: 

haha yeah i've been thinkin about this whole thing all day and i'm starting to calm down a little...i never really pay much regard to the law anyway in my music, so i'm not sure why this hit me so hard earlier...i mean, i've downloaded bootlegs of software and shit... Big Grin and you are right utter muppet about dance music and dnb producers getting the short end of the deal...even dieselboy, dara, and john b make about $1000 or so a gig and their salary is like 100 grand, and that's in cali money lol so where i live it'd be a little less than half of that...don't see why they gotta try and torture us dance music producers with these suits. parasites.
28-03-2005 01:44

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Darkside
haha yeah i've been thinkin about this whole thing all day and i'm starting to calm down a little...i never really pay much regard to the law anyway in my music, so i'm not sure why this hit me so hard earlier...i mean, i've downloaded bootlegs of software and shit... Big Grin and you are right utter muppet about dance music and dnb producers getting the short end of the deal...even dieselboy, dara, and john b make about $1000 or so a gig and their salary is like 100 grand, and that's in cali money lol so where i live it'd be a little less than half of that...don't see why they gotta try and torture us dance music producers with these suits. parasites.

actually dieselboy asks for 2500 a gig, dara around the same and jophn b asks for a lil more than 2...they each perform around 4 gigs a week...thats 16 a mnth, 192 a yr and about 3-400,000$ a year...and thats even after the promoters and booking agents get paid...theyre making more money than we think guys...I know this cause a friend of mine just booked john b, and ss in june... Wink

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

28-03-2005 03:02
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » might wanna read this...