drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Any Ideas?
Go to the bottom of this page Any Ideas?
Author
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-634.jpg

Registration Date: 09-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.67

Hi all,

I seem to always recieve the same comments in my reivews "DnB structure" :-)
Does anyone know a site that gives a good layout of DnB structure? I found quite a few, but they weren't what I was looking for, or mabey I just need a better definition of "structure"

eg:

Stucture = The set up of Intro, drop, breakdown, drop such as 12 / 8/ 6/ 8

Structure = The actual drum programing in each loop, or bass line, etc.

My background is more in Trance, breakbeat, and House which I'm sure you will find reflected in my music, although I love the groove of DnB, and was the first style I listened to back in the early 80's (although it was refered to more as Jungle, but with all music, Jungle has evolved into many different styles such as DnB.)

Anyway, just looking for any help so I can make adjustments, and improvments for my next tune.

Thanks as always for your help. Don't forget to go listen and review the lastest tune!! :-)

__
www.acidplanet.comAfro

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by thefunke1: 25-03-2005 19:50.

25-03-2005 19:47 Homepage of thefunke1
Darkside Darkside is a male
Old-School Rolla

images/avatars/avatar-955.jpeg

Registration Date: 02-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.71

you could try the drum n' bass tutorials on spinwarp, not the most in-depth on only structure tho...
26-03-2005 02:17
DjSlut DjSlut is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 27-08-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

U could listen to a lot of drum and bass tunes, then you can see how they make up the "structure". After hearing lots you'll see how they are all made in similar ways, and then u can try to emulate them...

"Structure" I believe, covers both macro and micro elements in the song, (ie: drum patterns, melodies and drops, atmospherics or intros). ---- But what do i know? Confused

__
VAS
26-03-2005 03:03
thefunke1
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

Thanks for the replies,

Listening to tunes seems the best way to get more familiar with the "structure" I guess. I see if I can find some of the sites I've looked at in the past, and if so I'll post them to see if they are giving the correct info.

__
www.acidplanet.comAfro
26-03-2005 17:22 Homepage of thefunke1
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

DnB Structure for Beginner

this helped me, after a bit you don't even notice it.

this is the best tutorial, the spinwarp ones talk about buzz, and than they even suggested adding a surprise or variety at the end of the song, where as it's actualy not a good reason in dnb, and the tutorial will explain.

just so you know, down beat is the odd number beats. he talks about it a bit technicaly in some aprts but overall, you'll understand, any questions just ask.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 27-03-2005 00:45.

27-03-2005 00:36 Homepage of Halph-Price
thefunke1
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

Thanks HP as always, your advice is appreciated. I found quite a lot of sites, although they were not that great, although the one you posted has some great info.

Here is a site that I found that does provide a nice tutorial, mabey you can add it to your other post for everyone else:

http://www.ukbassline.co.uk/musicforum.p...d=4353&forumid=

Thanks again!

__
www.acidplanet.comAfro
30-03-2005 01:33 Homepage of thefunke1
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Any Ideas?