drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » whats your musical direction ?
Go to the bottom of this page whats your musical direction ?
Author
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-745.jpg

Registration Date: 10-08-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price
hell the classic reece line is majorly industrial influenced. i always loved distorted basslines.

classic 'Reese' is called so after Kevin Saunderson's Reese : 'Just Another Chance' that was sampled by Ray Keith, is it not? This would mean Detroit Techno not Industrial.

Maybe it's written strangly that Reese has inspired Industrial sound too, which would be true and i apologise. Bigup

__
"since when has this music ever been about making fuckin money!"
11-03-2005 05:14
iNSiGHt iNSiGHt is a male
Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by marine289
quote:
Originally posted by zebediah
quote:
Originally posted by marine289
... What I would like to see, is more live stage concerts. Like you have all these great producers at a party, but they just DJ there. They don't really play live... I knot that there are live DnB performances, but I'd like to see people like Dieselboy, or Roni Size, or whoever perform live. Don't get me wrong, DJing is really cool, and I think that great producers can make a great mix, and really can make great partys. But I'd like to see more on stage action.

Roni Size definitely has a live thing going on. All you have to do 2 see it is visit breakbeat.co.uk and search for it. He's got Krust and Die up on stage with him on samplers and shit along with a live bassist, drummer, MC Dynamite, Tali, and another vocalist from his Reprazent project.
Also check out London Elecktricity and the Jungle Drummer.

Thanks, I'll check that out! Bigup

PARADOX does an amazing live show too. Proper producer working the beats. But is in his final year as he is retiring from live shows as he's been doing it for 10 years. check www.paradoxmusic.com for more info Bigup

Best live event I've ever seen was Goldie's live tour of Timeless.... that was wikkid. Shocked

__
11-03-2005 05:19
iNSiGHt iNSiGHt is a male
Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

For me music is communication on a physical level.
Sound is science, it's a physical interaction between the sound waves and the vibration of the inner ear. We then interpret, feel, experience the music and relate that to the feelings we have experienced in our lives. The bass I make will literally touch people Wink

As I produce I feel the music, how it interacts with me physically. Sounds odd I know but it's true. Red Face

There are really no rules with music [The minor scale was once considered the 'happy' scale] and drum and bass at the moment (in the mainstream that is) is governed by rules.

intro>beats>breakdown>drop>breakdown>drop>outro.

that obviously works from a djing point of view, but i reckon that should be the first rule broken. use the element of surprise more, keep a listener on their toes, literally. THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX!

And definately listen to music other than drum and bass. Especially if you want to be original. More influences = more interesting.

DNB has always been progressive yet the past 4 years for alot of people have been stagnant. Times are changing now and more experimental styles are getting noticed again.

One issue is that alot of producers are emulating styles as they learn how to produce, which is fine, it takes time to be profficient and immitation is a good way to go at learning, but doen't mean it's artistry.
I'm far from being original, every tune I make sounds like another producer I like, but I am starting to build my sound. But it takes time. I know this.
Offtopic
If I get back to the point of this thread I see myself going back to move forwards. Hardcore influenced tunes that roll but change and evolve. DnB with key changes. It's still all about two things tho. Every tune I make must sound good with just the Drums and the (sub)Bass, strip it clean to these and if it sounds good I know i'm doing ok. And production quality is all important. Too many tunes come out where I like the tune but it's produced badly. Learn the science.

Sorry for the rant....PEACEBanana

__
11-03-2005 05:47
tracassasin tracassasin is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-815.jpg

Registration Date: 08-02-2005

i want to eat moneyyyyyyyyyyyy ahhhhhhhh

__

¬DYNASTY ENTERPRlSE
12-03-2005 04:57
Rude Rude is a male
I'm gonna get you

images/avatars/avatar-2314.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
25 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

guess I make my own kind of direction.. I put samples and sounds in my tracks that I like, .. Nothin' much of a direction.. The only kinds of music that I dislike are r&b, classic, jazz and other slow, weak shit..
Anyway, I like a hard, fast track, so I'm goin' in the hard&fast-direction Pleased
Greetz, Rude

__

12-03-2005 21:23 Homepage of Rude
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

let's get back to that "getting caught masturbating" part of this conversation . . . it's an experieance i'd like to have with a hot chick sometime.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

13-03-2005 07:18 Homepage of Halph-Price
spudleyq spudleyq is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1932.jpg

Registration Date: 23-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price
let's get back to that "getting caught masturbating" part of this conversation . . . it's an experieance i'd like to have with a hot chick sometime.

HAHA....it's not all it's cracked up to be. Especially if she flips out and starts hitting you with metal pans. Then again, I'm sure she wouldn't have done that if I hadn't broken into her house.....and she knew who I was.......and I didn't have her parents tied up in the bedroom......and I hadn't ransacked her underwear drawer.......and I hadn't put her pet birds in the microwave........yeah......maybe it would have been good if all that didn't happen.

__

Click on the pic above to visit my music profile on Myspace.
14-03-2005 14:43 Homepage of spudleyq
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

rofl

ROFL
14-03-2005 15:50
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

well i tinhk we have have all been there, at one point or another. i mean personaly, i just have to hide the pictures of livestock. Bigup

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

14-03-2005 18:07 Homepage of Halph-Price
@1$-)
unregistered
pet birds in the microwave......hmmm conjurs up images of gremlins....now who remembers that one........im still not sure if it was a curse growing up in the eighties.......arrr keyboards on straps and dodgy electro
21-03-2005 22:35
dmccabe dmccabe is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-1048.jpg

Registration Date: 20-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Sometimes I feel like puttin a strap on my key controller and steppin' like I'm in a really dark
Devo video!
Hopefully my dnb aspirations lead me to a place where labels like hospital AND renegade hardware would be proud to represent my tunes.

__
SAVE THE SL1200
27-04-2005 08:53
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2]
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » whats your musical direction ?