drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » A question that could help a lot of people..
Go to the bottom of this page A question that could help a lot of people..
Author
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

so you're like like the artist formanaly known as prince. back when he was a symbol.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

10-03-2005 17:16 Homepage of Halph-Price
thefunke1
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-634.jpg

Registration Date: 09-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.67

I have no idea how to make drun n bass music, yet, I still try.
Have you posted any tunes? if not post something and the reviews you get back may answer some of your questions.
I know for me I took the advice given by the members (thanks all) and tried to improve in the next tune I posted (see new posts)
I think this is true for most memebers on this site, if you follow their songs from their first tunes to the latest (eg. Surya "Play the Theme") they have taken the advice given and built on the experiance, constantly improving with each song.
My background is more Breakbeat, Trance and House, therefore these styles are going to be reflected in the tunes that I post. A critisim that I keep recieving is that my tunes don't have the proper DnB structure, therefore I will keep reseaching, and learning until I get better reviews.
I guess what I'm trying to say is we are all here to help, although your question is very broad (as other memebers have stated) therefore the best thing to do is post a tune, let us listen, and we will be able to give you better direction in your tunes.
Hope that helps.

__
www.acidplanet.comAfro
25-03-2005 19:40 Homepage of thefunke1
dmccabe dmccabe is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-1048.jpg

Registration Date: 20-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Thefunke1 gave some great advice.
But if your not sure about posting a tune maybe give a couple of track names of the kind of stuff that moves you, not to jock someone else's style but to narrow down the broadness of the question. In order to maybe start with a particular subgenre until you start getting ur head round
how the different elements are laid out. Then, as I think Halph-price said in another forum
EXPIREMENT!
Also try sitting down and really listening (soberly) to some of ur favorite choons.
Count the bars of the tracks and write out some sort of outline. Like,
Kylie Minogue "Can't get u outta my head"

Intro 8 bars beats/bass
Vocal Hook 8 bars beats/bass/synth hook/vocal "la la" hook
Verse 8 bars beats/bass/synth hook/Vox
Vocal hook 4 bars beats/bass/synth hook/Vocal "la la"/ fender rhodes
Verse 8 bars blah blah blah
breakdown 16 bars blah blah blah
chorus 12 bars blah blah blah
Vocal hook 16 bars beats/bass/synth hook/vocal/vox/strings
outro 16 bars repeat, fade

I know thats a sissy example but you get the idea.
and the generic stucture for almost any tune is like this

INTRO-BODY-BREAK-BUILD UP-CLIMAX-EXIT
In DNB (as other electronica) you usually get two "break-build up-climaxs' " the 2nd being a lil'
different and harder than the 1st.
Count the bars and note when the different elements come in, change or leave.
These changes usually happen in 4, 8, 16, or 32 bar "phrases".

Just make sure you write it down. And try it with different types of music you'll surprised
at how many songs of almost all type have a change or or a crash cymbal after a 32 BEAT
count.

__
SAVE THE SL1200
27-04-2005 09:55
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2]
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » A question that could help a lot of people..