drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » the end of appletree as we know it
Go to the bottom of this page the end of appletree as we know it
Author
Easy Player

images/avatars/avatar-11.jpg

Registration Date: 15-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.00

G did a great job, respect manBigup and good luck in the future

quote:

[G ] News travels fast on the internet. So I might as well publish it here, since it's already semi-public : I am stopping with contributing to Appletree. I have 2 reasons for this : first of all, after 2 years of working on this site, it has become repetitive work to me. The "Appletree experience" is no longer fun to do and that was the only reason why I did it. I never made 1 Euro with this site, but I am grateful for all the guestlists I received of course Smile The second reason for stopping is the unexpected success of Appletree. Appletree has become a well known information channel of relative importance, and to back this up a team of people is needed. And I don't want to spend my scarce free time on this. I like to think of myself as an innovator, not a coordinator. And I want to start with something new, small and anonymous. Going back to basics, pick up the original idea of this site and grow a new tree in some remote spot on the internet Wink

Will Appletree stop completely ? I hope not. Appletree was not just me, it was also Snoepke, C, Dr Drane and all of you who have send us numerous emails these last 2 years. Appletree is nothing more and nothing less then the reflection of a blooming Belgian -- and the southern part of Holland -- independent party scene. And that won't stop.

The URL is available to any serious organization/group of people who has a good proposition and could continue Appletree in the same spirit. Deadline for your offers is Friday, more information can be obtained by mailing me. If no offer pleases me, Appletree will be offline this weekend. If an offer pleases me, I'll post something on it here. The mailing list -- Worms -- continues. If Appletree stops, I'll offer the mailing list to some other site who could continue with it. The movies will continue as well, again, if Appletree stops, I'm sure other sites can host them. If Appletree stops, my pictures and the DJ promo sets will go offline. Dr Drane's unique reports will find a host somewhere else, I'm sure of that !

Some facts on Appletree :
- It's Gent based ( and not from Limburg as many people seem to think ). Actually, I run it from my attic in Ledeberg. Ledeberg rules !
- It's hosted by DEVNET, without them none of this would have been possible. Thank you very much !
- The site is done with Frontpage, and I made it in 3 hours. Yeah, yeah, it's ugly, but I never found the time to update it :-D
- The pictures are published with the help of a neat little software called Arles. When I started, I was the first to use it. Meanwhile, a lot of Belgian sites use or have used this software.
- I am not unemployed, nor a painter ( as I heard twice ). I have a normal job in the Telecom/IT business. It's only my weekend life that is a bit abnormal.
- Appletree started on August 17th, 2001. So it's not even 2 years old -- although many people told me they have been visiting Appletree since 5 years Smile
- G -- that's me, my real name is Gaston -- started the site for some friends. Dr Drane was the first to join me in the updating. Afterwards Zzillezz ( briefly ) and Snoepke also contributed to the daily updates. And on August 14th 2002, C joined Appletree with his movies section.
- all ads on this site were free.
- the mailing list, Worms, now counts 126 members. We have a nice thing going on, and for sure Worms will continue !
- some top figures : on March 17th 2003, 2.670 people read the homepage ( in 1 day ). In February 2003 an average of 1.529 unique IP's/day visited Appletree, top day was March 3rd, when 1.973 unique IP's were counted. This month, Appletree has an average of 25.000 page views per day, with 95.000 hits per day. Appletree has this month already collected 13.200 unique referrers. ( Webalyzer statistics )
- the name comes from a supermarket in New York, called "Appletree supermarket". I bought a T-shirt from that supermarket, and when I wanted to start a site and needed a name, I was coincidently wearing that t-shirt. So I just thought "why not register Appletree.be ?" I never saw it coming ...

__
Sun
02-05-2003 11:38
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Frown

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
02-05-2003 11:45 Homepage of thechronic
-J- -J- is a male
Big Bad Battyman

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.25

if you'll ever be reading this G
good luck,

may appletree continue tho ...

__
It's a spiritual thing !

02-05-2003 12:16
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Nice site indeed...

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

02-05-2003 12:49 Homepage of Surya
Scion Scion is a male
The Noize Squad

images/avatars/avatar-139.gif

Registration Date: 03-03-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

I hope Appletree will continue. Liked the site, nice links etc. Frown

__
Power to the peaceful
02-05-2003 13:18
ZePain ZePain is a male
B-Yayo

images/avatars/avatar-20.jpg

Registration Date: 19-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

good pics section

too bad ...

__
-Shape The Future-

myspace.com/universoulwithaneye
02-05-2003 14:25
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

big up for the good work over the years! really enjoyed it when I could look the day after a party back at those pics and video's with a huge smile on my face! respect!

hope appletree continues!!

greetz emblem

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Emblem-X: 03-05-2003 21:24.

03-05-2003 21:24 Homepage of Emblem-X
Airfull Airfull is a female
Sexy Lady

images/avatars/avatar-24.jpg

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

It's a pitty idd...

__

ONE BULLET? TWO BULLETS? THE THIRT ONE IS THROUGH MY HEAD!
03-05-2003 23:08
boognish boognish is a male
Player

images/avatars/avatar-4.gif

Helpfulness rating: 

Used it quite a lot as well, allthough lately I think it was becoming victim of it's own success. The overview of the parties fi. was becoming a little too extensive. I liked the one boups better these days.
05-05-2003 10:51
knine knine is a male
Lawless

images/avatars/avatar-72.jpg

Registration Date: 09-04-2003

Damn, what a pity! Frown

But all respect for the choice G's makin' and his arguements it's based on.
I hope Appletree will continue or at least that the other ones (like my friend C) find a new place to keep on doin' their thing. Bigup

I hope it's not a definitive end.... Confused Big Grin

__
Midleft fka knine
www.jungletactics.com
www.dedkob.com
06-05-2003 10:43 Homepage of knine
Player

Helpfulness rating: 

Latest (unconfirmed) news: Appletree and Breakz are merging to form a new site, name to be decided on ...
06-05-2003 14:38
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

Shocked Where did you hear that? Nothing mentioned on either breakz nor appletree. Appletree gives a vague hint on it perhaps...

Would be the bomb if they did that, the two biggest dance sites in Belgium united Bigup

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
06-05-2003 15:16 Homepage of thechronic
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

LOL Appletree might be dead but they're still funny ROFL

__
06-05-2003 15:23 Homepage of thechronic
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Big Grin

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

06-05-2003 15:24 Homepage of Surya
hoodratt hoodratt is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-43.gif

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

quote:
Originally posted by boognish
Latest news: Appletree and Breakz are merging to form a new site, name to be decided on ...

omg, really? what's gonna happen to breakz? i don't want no merge Mad i liked the websites both fine the way they were..
anyway, keep up the good work the both of ya!

--edit: C, i hope we'll still catch you out & about in action with that handycam of yours!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by hoodratt: 06-05-2003 15:29.

06-05-2003 15:27
Player

Helpfulness rating: 

My girlfriend heard it from someone from Breakz, but it aint official yet, so don't shoot me if it turns out to be wrong.
06-05-2003 15:32
Azer Azer is a male
Easy Player

images/avatars/avatar-11.jpg

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.00

Shocked

__
Sun
06-05-2003 15:54
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

Breaking news on dnbbe Big Grin

Hopefully the guys at breaks aren't going to be mad at you for publishing this Shocked
Won't be long until the breakz members find out...

__
06-05-2003 15:54 Homepage of thechronic
hoodratt hoodratt is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-43.gif

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

yeah they're gonna open up a can o' whoop-ass on ya fo' sure Wink

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by hoodratt: 06-05-2003 16:10.

06-05-2003 16:08
ZARk ZARk is a male
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 4.50

merger between Appletree and Breakz ?? damn, don't quite see the point, the only good point in taking appletree, is the now famous name, and the archive, then train the old appletree team and try to get some more recruits, re-think the whole process and make something well organised ...

mmmh, if appletree doesn't kick back up with the new team,i'll consider taking it over into e-bel.

Get some appletree shares, they might go up Wink

__
oooooo yeeeeeeeeeah.
06-05-2003 23:49 Homepage of ZARk
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » the end of appletree as we know it