Easy Player

images/avatars/avatar-11.jpg

Registration Date: 15-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.00

found some info 'bout cleaning your needles and records on Stanton DJ Workshop:

[info]
Needle Care
Every DJ knows about the problems of distorted sound and cue burn. When your sound becomes muddy and muffled and the brightness of the high end is gone, it is time to clean your needle. These photos show the problems of dirt and debris build up on your needle. If left on the needle, that build up will shorten the life of your needle and lead to record wear. The Stanton SC-4 cleaner kit contains a specially formulated fluid to safely dissolve the caked-on contamination around the needle. Then the unique controlled penetration bristles of the brush will sweep and remove the debris that remains without any damage to the needle. Clean needles mean clean sound.

Needle Wear
The smallest part of your system is also the most critical. When your needle is dirty, your sound is dirty and you are adding extra wear to your vinyl. When the dirt builds up enough to give distorted sound, your customers will turn you off. These photos show the difference between clean and dirty needles. Keep your needles clean with regular use of the Stanton SC-4 cleaning kit. Your records live in a very rough environment, constant use, constant exposure to cigarette smoke and fog contamination, dirt scratches and the too often spilled drink. All of these things contribute to pops, clicks, static and cue burn which add up to poor sound.

Record Care

Every DJ knows about the problems associated with pops, clicks, static and cue burn. They detract from your sound and from your appearance as a professional. Finally, they cost more of your hard earned money when you have to replace that vinyl. Now you don't have to put up with those annoyances. Pops and clicks are caused by dirt and debris that is attracted to the vinyl surface. This attraction is mainly caused by the static charge that builds up on your vinyl disk. Other factors are the contaminates in the smoke and fog inside the club or dance floor, as well as the inevitable spilled drink. The Stanton VC-1 vinyl cleaner kit was designed to combat those problems that plague the DJ. The cleaning fluid is specially formulated to reduce the static on your vinyl. It also gets down into the grooves and lifts the dirt and debris so that the unique unidirectional velvet pile brush can lift and sweep them away. This cleaning fluid is strong enough to clean away even a sticky drink, but safe enough to protect your vinyl. It leaves no film or other contaminates behind. Clean vinyl means clean sound.
[/info]

__
Sun
28-04-2003 13:46
knine knine is a male
Lawless

images/avatars/avatar-72.jpg

Registration Date: 09-04-2003

Hey thnx Azer,
very useful info but where to get it, if I need it. Any idea?

Greetz

__
Midleft fka knine
www.jungletactics.com
www.dedkob.com
28-04-2003 13:57 Homepage of knine
Azer Azer is a male
Easy Player

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by knine
Hey thnx Azer,
very useful info but where to get it, if I need it. Any idea?

Greetz

http://www.stantonmagnetics.com/ where i found the info

www.friedchicken.be where you can order it. I think most stores have to order it.

__
Sun
28-04-2003 14:02
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Bigup Nice info!

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

28-04-2003 15:28 Homepage of Surya
machakil machakil is a male
Player

images/avatars/avatar-332.gif

Registration Date: 06-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.25

got to have it.... any idea on prices?

__

04-05-2003 14:15
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

"The inevitable spilled drinks" Big Grin

In one of the venues I work they once gave me an SL1200 that was 15 years old to have a look at it because it didn't work anymore. When I opened it up it had almost an entire glass of beer inside Roll Eyes

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
04-05-2003 14:22 Homepage of thechronic
-J- -J- is a male
Big Bad Battyman

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.25

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic

In one of the venues I work they once gave me an SL1200 that was 15 years old to have a look at it because it didn't work anymore. When I opened it up it had almost an entire glass of beer inside Roll Eyes

HAHAHA
rofl

normally SL1200's can take a glass of coke when it's spilled over it ...
ain't sure about the record//needle itself tho Big Grin

these cleaning kits are the shite, there's something else too that you have to put in tiny holes you might have in your plate (or deep cuts)
it just fills up so there's no groove, but your records wont skip anymore ...

__
It's a spiritual thing !

04-05-2003 14:38
Azer Azer is a male
Easy Player

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic

ROFL guess the dj was an alcoholic who had to hide the beer from his mom when she entered the room

__
Sun
06-05-2003 17:32
hoodratt hoodratt is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-43.gif

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

I bought this A11 record cleaner at JJ's.. it's this blue-ish/green-ish stuff that comes in a spraycan with a cloth included.. does a proper job cleaning rekkerds.
06-05-2003 17:48
drumnbass.be forum » DJ booth » DJ Gear » needle care