drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » when was the time you started out?
Go to the bottom of this page when was the time you started out?
Author
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

are you warning !!!???

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

18-01-2005 18:21 Homepage of Halph-Price
Jungle Funker

Registration Date: 21-01-2005

1997 but I'm still as shit as I was then. I'm just a non-musical person I think Frown Frown . Shame coz I love to try and write good DnB.
21-01-2005 12:53
jutty

images/avatars/avatar-688.jpg

Registration Date: 01-02-2005

Red Face . . . i came from listening to alot of metal growing up. but i lived in pretty ghetto conditions so hip hop was everywhere around me. along with alot of dancehall reggae. i started liking some industrial type stuff along with alot of that '90s grunge sound. i would hear house and techno on the college radio staion and would hear about stormraves and nasa. freinds who had been going to "raves" got me hooked on mixtapes by frankie bones and lenny dee. new years eve '94-'95 i go to a huge warehouse party in brooklyn. never seen or felt anything like that. went out and as much as possible for the next 4 years or so and loved all the different styles that i heard.all of it , techno, trance, jungle, hardcore, house. just loved all of it, you know? in '96 i could have bought turntables and some records but went with an mpc 2000. i started making music like i had heard and been inspired by all that time. i had always been in rock bands and shit through high school playing keyboards and stuff to. but most happy making beats. made alot of techno and house, and tons of hip hop, and have just slowly gotten more, and more into making DnB. always fucked with the other styles to. it was like any new sound i heard i had to try to make something like it. like,"how did they do that?" well i'll have some tunes up eventually for y'all to hear. peace

__
08-02-2005 03:55
tracassasin tracassasin is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-815.jpg

Registration Date: 08-02-2005

like a year ago and i want cash Bigup

__

¬DYNASTY ENTERPRlSE
08-02-2005 04:01
jutty

. . . yeah, who does'nt? cash for your productions? good luck man.

__
08-02-2005 06:45
tracassasin tracassasin is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-815.jpg

Registration Date: 08-02-2005

its gonna be hard cus like my best shit are remixes of like BIG and juvenile songs, shit lyke that. im pretty sure these bogus copyright rules arent gonna let u guys hear it.

__

¬DYNASTY ENTERPRlSE
08-02-2005 18:24
jutty

i feel that your best shit should come straight from you. keep at it, and maybe they will with time. i mean, big is gonna sound pretty cool over just about anything, y'know? . . . be original, be yourself.

__
09-02-2005 03:33
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

who else can you be? honestly, my entire life, no matter how hard i've tried, i was always myself.

ever notice how all the big people that have made it, always say they were inspired by others, or trying to do what others have done. nirvana was trying to make a song like the Pixies, and got smells like teen spirit, Trent Reznor tried to do Skinny Puppy's song Dig It and got Down in it, his first single.

bah, don't be your self. nobody is, nigga's, nobody is.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

09-02-2005 04:23 Homepage of Halph-Price
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by jutty
Red Face . . . i came from listening to alot of metal growing up. but i lived in pretty ghetto conditions so hip hop was everywhere around me. along with alot of dancehall reggae. i started liking some industrial type stuff along with alot of that '90s grunge sound. i would hear house and techno on the college radio staion and would hear about stormraves and nasa. freinds who had been going to "raves" got me hooked on mixtapes by frankie bones and lenny dee. new years eve '94-'95 i go to a huge warehouse party in brooklyn. never seen or felt anything like that. went out and as much as possible for the next 4 years or so and loved all the different styles that i heard.all of it , techno, trance, jungle, hardcore, house. just loved all of it, you know? in '96 i could have bought turntables and some records but went with an mpc 2000. i started making music like i had heard and been inspired by all that time. i had always been in rock bands and shit through high school playing keyboards and stuff to. but most happy making beats. made alot of techno and house, and tons of hip hop, and have just slowly gotten more, and more into making DnB. always fucked with the other styles to. it was like any new sound i heard i had to try to make something like it. like,"how did they do that?" well i'll have some tunes up eventually for y'all to hear. peace

beautiful

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

09-02-2005 04:25 Homepage of Halph-Price
jutty

. . .excellent point. all music comes from other music. your right man. most of my best shit, i guess i was trying to sound like something i've heard.

__
09-02-2005 09:13
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

Jesus it seems that i may be one of the biggest newbies around! Have been DJing drum n bass, hard trance & gabber for about 2 years but it was only at xmas this year that I got a decent sound card, MIDI keyboard & logic! since then i've been rapidly working my way round logic & all the VST plugins i've been collecting, trying to learn how to use it all, which is a bit of a battle sometimes!

I'm getting some tracks & cool ideas down but nothing so far I would actually want to post on the site. Im interested to know how long it took people to start writing tunes that you were truly happy with?
09-02-2005 11:56
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2]
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » when was the time you started out?