drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » when was the time you started out?
Go to the bottom of this page when was the time you started out?
Author
Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-539.gif

Registration Date: 31-01-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 3.33

when was the time you started out?
im interested.

ive been busy not so long.
i started around november 2003 with editing sound with audacity and making strange bleeps to try and create experimental idm haha. it sounded awful! Smile
then a month later i did my first dnb stuff cause i liked dnb and i had some rex loops. before that i knew shit about audio or music. im 18 yrs old.

now its only a year later and i still suck haha.

so when did u start?
and how old are you now?

__

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by peet: 06-01-2005 03:58.

06-01-2005 00:28 Homepage of peet
marine289 marine289 is a male
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 05-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

I started 4 months ago.
With FL Studio 4 (now 5). And I just loved DnB (like i still do, by the way Wink ) and i started to produce dnb Cool .
I had never done any producing or making music before (besides a really crappy digital drum computer, or whatever it was, but I sucked at it Big Grin . Im sure I will do a lot better now, since I have some more xperience), but I must say that I am pretty hooked to it now Red Face .
06-01-2005 01:58
Dave_Akuma Dave_Akuma is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1737.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.29

it'll be 5 years now in february...

__

06-01-2005 02:08
Nosrac Nosrac is a male
Bag of Hammers

images/avatars/avatar-837.jpg

Registration Date: 15-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
17 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.76

I had a studio in my house growing up, so I did lots of recording of live tunes, playing drums and guitar mainly.When I went off to University I brought a tiny keyboard, a rolland drum machine, my guitar and a four track. One of my best buddies Tommy Illfingas was just starting to produce and press tracks on Vinyl Syndicate, so I started messing around making jungle on that incredibly simple setup - some very sloppy (unquantized) but unique tunes resulted. That was 8 years ago. Started on Cubase about 4 years ago but I've always had very limited time due to school, work, girlfriend - so its definitely a part time hobby and the learning process has been slow - plus I really suck at computers, and never take the time to learn all the features cubase sx has to offer. learned a lot from this forum already.

__
Tunes pictures and info: Myspace Page
MP3's: Acid Planet Page
06-01-2005 03:28 Homepage of Nosrac
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Started making house on 19 sept 1996, switched to DnB about 3 years ago, and I had to learn everything all over since it's so different!

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

06-01-2005 11:54 Homepage of Surya
B-complex B-complex is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-581.jpg

Registration Date: 07-04-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.13

One day when I was 12 , my father came to me and asked me if I want musicmaking program. I said yes, becouse I was always a soundfreak.. Like a proper hard nasty and tough teenager Smile ) I started to make Hardcore - rave.. it was not really that hard just hardkick 4x4 and noises into it, but anyway it sucked bigtime however I tought about myself wow what a great music I am making, and I played it to all my friends saying hey, listen to what I made Smile ) It was 1996 then, but first thing that can be actually named "track" was made in 1998 it was also one of my last rave tracks, I started to make uplifting trance, later goa-psytrance, then I've experiment a bit.. I always wanted to make songs with a singer and my friend introduced me to one girl - Ludmila [or ludka] she was pretty nice, she had that trance-girl voice Smile ) But she didn't like my trance shit at all Smile ) In that time I was already experimenting with breaks and i made one or two horrible songs but she quite liked it, so I've found b-complex project which was dnb-oriented. We've made couple of songs that was more into acoustic-dnb but I always liked more techy-trancy soudns I wanted to make something like Stakka & Skynet - clockwork so .. I am about 3 - 4 years with dnb now..

__

06-01-2005 12:14
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Year and a half till now. Started at the end of the summer 2003, and didn't stop till today.

I was going for the drumnbass/jungle, then transfered to breakbeat, classic (!) and then back to dnb/jungle again. But I mix them all the time Wink

My financial situation is quite poor. I have around 100 Euros monthly for everything (including food, drink, going out, programs, taxi, u know) and I just can't develop quickly here. But I try and 1 us3 w4r3z...sorry, but I have to Cry

Enjoy thy life! Smile

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
06-01-2005 13:15 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

started in 1995 with hardcore, in 1998-1999 i did some very experimental things (mainly noise Big Grin ) and around 2000 i started producing drumnbass Smile

cheers

__

06-01-2005 13:35 Homepage of Emblem-X
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

i've been going with FL since it was FruityLoops3. I it's been more industrial-trance stuff, but i dunno mostly just techno. havn't been able to come up with anything good for a while, but i always have liked the break sound, and want to go more into DnB

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

06-01-2005 14:46 Homepage of Halph-Price
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

i started around 15 dj'ing...i started with trance...then i started messing around with cheep softwares not relaly being able to do anything and ive only been producing for about 8 mnths now... im 17 years old...

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

06-01-2005 17:30
Samoth Samoth is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-609.jpg

Registration Date: 21-08-2004

I started about a year ago although my equipment has been shite up until the day before christmas. Still, i have managed to make tracks with shitty equipment but i havent yet put them up for public opinion. Coming soon...

__
Death Ur-Sag Zi-Ga-Ni Naphar Ajjabi Sharush! Sa-Par-Mah-Zu Diri La-Magiru Sin Su-La. Spliff
06-01-2005 18:41 Homepage of Samoth
muphasta muphasta is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1490.jpg

Registration Date: 29-06-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.88

september 2004.
thats when I went to live with my girlfrien with a beautifull I-mac Pleased .
had some experience and lessons before with Soi's pc, but it really started good from 09/2004 first tune i made was stop the madness. available here. Wink
before that I played, and still do, the guitar (since I was 15, 26 now) with a live Dub-band (I was 22).
cheers

__
muphasta none dnb
www.myspace.com/muphsugar
reggeadubwise.com
Roots-reggea-project: muphsteppa
muphsteppa@reggeadubwise

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by muphasta: 06-01-2005 18:59.

06-01-2005 18:57
spudleyq spudleyq is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1932.jpg

Registration Date: 23-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

Sometime in early 1995 I started making breakbeat, house, hardcore, trance, IDM (I was 11 when I started, taught myself how to play the piano two years prior....my first songs were awful). Four years later in 1999 I found out that some of the best songs I was making were part of a genre called DNB.......so I stuck with it (for the most part....I still make house, trance, bigbeat, and any other kind of experimental music I'm in the mood for).

__

Click on the pic above to visit my music profile on Myspace.
06-01-2005 19:23 Homepage of spudleyq
kareem kareem is a male
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 10-11-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.50

I began 4 months ago.
I firts started using the flstudio4 demo for about 2 2months, so I couldn't work on my music.I had to do it all in one project cause I couldn't save.
Then 2 months ago I got the FLstudio 4 and I began working on D&B and lately some hiphop.
06-01-2005 19:30 Homepage of kareem
Polar Freq Polar Freq is a male
Hounmingootod

images/avatars/avatar-545.jpg

Registration Date: 06-11-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

nice histories peoplz!! i gots only like 1.6 or smthn years, spending time on fruity.. i managed to make music that i like and enjoy after 7-8 months...and now i love some of my songs reel much.. thats my goal, to make em sound the more i want them to sound..the more like the sound thats in my head..
its the same as any creativity shit..i got theese very friky stuff in my head..and when i sit down to transfer them in a medium...i get stuckk..they arent as quite as i imagined them..but im getting better, and i even like my muzik as i mentioned be4..
i started out some time like muad'dib...made some bleeps and squeeks...and did some trance (its was easier for me to do that i guess.) then i made some classic not so classic more dnb quite nice, even like it now style songs..and then i made a pause...and now i make anything that i like...dont care which genre is (usually is extreeme) i like my extreemes...
lately im doin another pause coz i don have the equipment nor the money 2 buy some..so..there..
Quote: MC Conrad
Look at what we found
a sound'
deep down
underground
as the speakers boom
as the speakers pound
and we go deeper...under

nice

__
-Emotions are social illusions.
-What i did not do, i could have not done.
-Art is a kind of public masturbation.
-I am only, my genes tool.
-damjan cd
i have a zen touch and muad'Dib has a girlfriend......everyones happy
07-01-2005 00:52 Homepage of Polar Freq
zebediah
is deep in the jungle

images/avatars/avatar-659.jpg

Registration Date: 08-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

I started in '95/'96 with a shitty Alesis SR-16 drum machine with guitar amp, a casio keyboard with a one track sequencer, and a toy microphone (which had great distortion) trying 2 make undustrial beats. I'd get 'em all close 2 eachother and hit record on a single cassette stereo that would pick up all the noizes through a pin hole. I'd then hit play on my drum sequence at the same time as my casio sequence and sing the lyrics I wrote thru the toy mic. I would control my levels by how close the instruments were 2 the pinhole. Man it sounded shitty, but a few years later I actually ended up re recording one of my first demos with the industrial band I was with. But now it's all about Jungle Drum + Bass these days and I doubt I will ever get sick of this shit!
07-01-2005 03:17 Homepage of zebediah
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

we all thought that about industrial.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

07-01-2005 03:39 Homepage of Halph-Price
zebediah
is deep in the jungle

images/avatars/avatar-659.jpg

Registration Date: 08-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

Yeah I know. But it's drum + bass meng. Cry
07-01-2005 05:01 Homepage of zebediah
dirk
Steppa

Registration Date: 14-11-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

I am 34 years old and am working as a freelance soundengineer . I like listening to all sorts of music from clasic and jazz to noise ( every style of music is worth listening to )

I started out playing bass in a hardcore band ( style Accused , Doctor and the Crippens , Bad Brains ) Then when acid first arrived I got into making that and later goa and even tekno (spelled correct!!) At the moment I like making dub and drum&bass with some acid in there .

Drum&bass I like : Pendulum , Kryptic Minds & Leon Switch

Greetings Dirk .
18-01-2005 08:40
stino stino is a male
Player

images/avatars/avatar-237.gif

Registration Date: 13-07-2003

summer 2003

still suck

haven't spent a euro on it

UNTIL NOW!!! ( ahahhahahaahhahaha , !!! , that was a warning dudes )

__
www.myspace.com/stinomg
www.myspace.com/circlelogicband
18-01-2005 16:11 Homepage of stino
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » when was the time you started out?