drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » nuerofunky beats
Go to the bottom of this page nuerofunky beats
Author
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-191.jpg

Registration Date: 21-01-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

some may already know but for those that don`t a tip for the redrum in reason...

take loops and in a wav editor...slice them kinda the way you would chop amens...etc...

but instead of singling out every individual hit....cut the kick and the sounds after that...up to the snare....then cut the snare and the hits inbetween up till the next kick...the idea is to make a single hit with a partial roll sound....now save each slice as it`s own wav file...make sure you do a slight fade in and out on each one so you don`t get clicking noise....now open a redrum and put the individual slices into each channel...now you can rearrange the way the original loop sounded...of course this will only work playing the redrum at the same speed the original loop was sampled at ...you can even do this with several different slices from different loops and rearrange them all together...different variations....then use another redrum for the kick and snare etc...this eliminates multiple channels and sounds wicked if you get the sounds to overlap...kinda makes a flanging sound....it takes a minute to get used to where to cut each slice from the loops...but u can spend countless hours doing this and coming up with new loops constantly....

even try layering several loops together eqing them good exporting then re-chopping them and putting them back into redrum duplicate the redrum add distortion to one and leave the other clean...wacky mofo shit...

oh yeah and if your original loop was sampled at say 180 and you slow the BPM of the track down to like 175 since the loops are stuck at 180 this causes each one to end faster than it should making a more humanized feeling to the beat...of course you may need to layer something over it to cover up any gaps

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by illuminati: 04-01-2005 18:08.

04-01-2005 18:05
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

good tip! I do this all the time for my beats, they have a more natural flow then Smile

__

04-01-2005 18:20 Homepage of Emblem-X
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

I don't see the benefit of doing this instead of chopping EVERY hit? If you program well, you keep the same flow, but you don't have the "the same BPM" prombem Confused

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

04-01-2005 18:33 Homepage of Surya
illuminati
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

the same bpm thing is kinda what you want so you can slow down the tempo causing a weird groove

obviously u can use every hit single

one benefit is if you use partial loops u can trigger one and then trigger another of the same so the almost overlap u can come up with some strange effects this way....

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by illuminati: 04-01-2005 19:06.

04-01-2005 19:04
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

why do this when you can just use a piano roll, and program the drums yourself...why use sampled drum loops unless its like amens or soemting?

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

04-01-2005 19:46
spudleyq spudleyq is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1932.jpg

Registration Date: 23-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

I have some sample cd's with live recorded drum loops that are perfect for ripping apart and drenching with distortion.......I'm not exactly sure why I'm writing this post.........hmm

__

Click on the pic above to visit my music profile on Myspace.
04-01-2005 19:48 Homepage of spudleyq
illuminati
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

you aren`t using the loop as a whole you`re using a wav editor (soundforge, goldwave) to slice out the individual hits in a loop...save them as one shots or partial rolls....then importing them into redrum so you can make your own drums out of the bits and pieces...so it is making your own drum loop which kinda is the whole point anyway...to use the sounds in loops that you can`t make any other way like an amen....rearranging the way the slices are played without cutting and pasting back together...plus using parts of one loop with parts of another on the fly instead of trial and error of fuckin around with a wav editor
04-01-2005 21:18
spudleyq spudleyq is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1932.jpg

Registration Date: 23-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

that's what i've always done.....i learned about that way back when...in the early 90's....back when mash-up jungle was the sheeet!!

__

Click on the pic above to visit my music profile on Myspace.
04-01-2005 21:23 Homepage of spudleyq
haxon haxon is a male
Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-672.gif

Registration Date: 21-10-2004

i think it would be easier to silce it in recycle, load the loop in dr rex in reason, and then program the pattern in redrum to match the kick/snare/hats of the rex loop then copy the pattern to the rex track? i think this would save much more time then loading all the slices individually into redrum... and youre still sequencing your own drums nehow

one.

__
.signature
.haxon
.nocturnal industries
.since 96 to infinity
26-01-2005 09:31 Homepage of haxon
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » nuerofunky beats