drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » MIDI keyboard questions
Go to the bottom of this page MIDI keyboard questions
Author
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

I've finaly bought one!

But, now I have few questions....

I cannot use it in Fruity 4.01 producer version. I go to Settings -> Midi Settings -> and in the list of supported devices there are 4, and mine (the keyboard) is USB MIDI OUT.

What should I do to be abe to control instruments through the MIDI keyboard I bought?

The model is: Evolution PP-1 USB MIDI keyboard.

What settings should I set?

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
02-01-2005 12:26 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Yours should be MIDI in offcourse...

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

02-01-2005 12:38 Homepage of Surya
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

I think u were trying to set the midi output, but it is midi input u need. In the midi settings window go to remote control input, and u should see ur keyboard in the dropdown list. then select the controller type (generic controller will probably do if u don't have one for ur keyboard) and check the auto accept controller box. Hope that works.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
02-01-2005 12:58 Homepage of djfreemc
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

Helpfulness rating: 

Look what happens:

In output port mapping (the first box with the list), every MIDI device's port number is set to three lines (- - -), like there is no port number on the device.

In master sync output, I set the Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth which is the default player for MIDI files.

Now, in the Remote Control Input, I set these:

- Under the first dropdown list (the device selection) I selected USB MIDI In and on the second list I selected (generic controller).

I type some keys on the MIDI keyboard and nothing happens.
I select a channel with a sound (a 3x osc) and type keys - nothing.

Then I right-click the channel's Target Mixer Track (upper-right corner on the channel), select Link to Controller and try changing some settings - nothing.

Meh don't get it what can be the prob (if there is one) and how to fix it.

I notice that the keyboard works in other programs (which came with it) as Sound Studio II and similar, so I think I should look for settings in these programs which make them able to take the pushed notes from the keyboards. But I don't know which settings should I seek, so please tell me something! Please? Cry

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

-Bene Gesserit
02-01-2005 13:30 Homepage of Muad'Dib
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

quote:
Originally posted by muaddib
Then I right-click the channel's Target Mixer Track (upper-right corner on the channel), select Link to Controller and try changing some settings - nothing.

That's certainly not the right thing, this wil change the mixer channel according to a midi controller, like if u would automate it Noo

damn it should work. just for a quick try- i know its stupid check typing keyboard to piano in the options, select a channel & hit some buttons on ur regular keyboard. If that works I don't see why the midi keyboard wouldn't. Owh yeah, check if the enable midi remote control in the options menu is checked (normally it is, but just to be sure)

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by djfreemc: 02-01-2005 14:11.

02-01-2005 13:56 Homepage of djfreemc
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Owh yeah, check if the enable midi remote control in the options menu is checked (normally it is, but just to be sure)

Ain't I stupid?!??! That was it. Thank you man, I'm grateful for that indeed!

Thanx for help!

Bigup

__

-Bene Gesserit
02-01-2005 16:48 Homepage of Muad'Dib
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » MIDI keyboard questions