drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Plugins » Best vst synth for bass ?
Go to the bottom of this page Best vst synth for bass ?
Author
XTensionTrigger XTensionTrigger is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2287.gif

Registration Date: 04-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

What is your's fairest vst synth for bass ?

For example my is MS-20 (part of KorgLC), I unhave met better on this as until now...

Another my bass-synth is Oberon(free) all version...

__

Myspace
01-01-2005 17:35 Homepage of XTensionTrigger
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

ALBINO2- The best, has drum bass presets for calssic basslines.

PHOBIA - not the greatest but still produces good deep tones, hs several needed effects built in, like multi band distortion, multi level amp, lfo for filter, glide, and fatness? it's good.

GERENDE - Classic Jungle Massive basslines. free, i think. okay.

ummm

SLAYER the first one, or FL Slayer it's called in FL, works well for a cuthentic plugged bass guitar, if nothing else.

TauPro - fairly good 303 basslines. Oberon is the same thing bit different. done by SynthEdit, so... anyone can make it technicly.
but it got the feel of the classic 303's and the pro edition has built in effects, ring or synth mode also. a good choice in shapes, but no preview of the actual shapes. still more variety than oberon.

and Jungalist/Hydra are great too, built inaffects.

oh, and one of the seconed best basslines, maybe the best, depending

V-Station- great versatility.

Albino2 is by far the best smoothest synth i have heard.

there's an Oberon-4 and an oberon-8.

i'd say that's it for bass VST, that are fair.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 01-01-2005 20:01.

01-01-2005 19:55 Homepage of Halph-Price
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Almost every VST is capable of creating nice basslines...

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

02-01-2005 00:16 Homepage of Surya
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

I meant "sub-bass's", in range 30-80 Hz...

Wink

__

Myspace
02-01-2005 01:28 Homepage of XTensionTrigger
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Same thing, just go an octave lower if needed Big Grin

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

02-01-2005 12:14 Homepage of Surya
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

yea, or just EQ them till they GIVE you thoes sub bass. most leads i just use for bass also.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

03-01-2005 02:49 Homepage of Halph-Price
dirk
Steppa

Registration Date: 14-11-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

Native instruments FM7 is the only vst instrument that is actual "better" (sound and interface) than the original instrument (Yamaha DX7). It is still verry difficult to program i.e. you realy have to get into additive synthesis but it is well worth it .

Start with a low sinewave than modulate (Change)the frequence of this wave with a sinewave of one octave higher . also use 5th and 7th intervals . Be carefull with the modulation amount . This can be done on most subtractive synths to and can create powerfull basses .

By the way why do 98% of all demo songs on this website sound the same ??????

Greetings Dirk .
03-01-2005 17:45
B-complex B-complex is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-581.jpg

Registration Date: 07-04-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.13

quote:
Originally posted by dirk
Native instruments FM7 is the only vst instrument that is actual "better" (sound and interface) than the original instrument (Yamaha DX7). It is still verry difficult to program i.e. you realy have to get into additive synthesis but it is well worth it .

Start with a low sinewave than modulate (Change)the frequence of this wave with a sinewave of one octave higher . also use 5th and 7th intervals . Be carefull with the modulation amount . This can be done on most subtractive synths to and can create powerfull basses .

By the way why do 98% of all demo songs on this
website sound the same ??????

Greetings Dirk .

I thought it's called FM synthesis.. is there any difference in additive / fm synthesis ?

__

03-01-2005 18:10
marisol
Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-583.gif

Registration Date: 23-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

also when working with the FM7 dont forget to save the settings to your own preset bank because FM7 doesnt recognize song file information. it will only load saved patches apon loading of a song file.
03-01-2005 19:04
spudleyq spudleyq is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1932.jpg

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
I thought it's called FM synthesis.. is there any difference in additive / fm synthesis ?

b-buddy.......there is an amazing difference between frequency modulation and additive synthesis

Basically, the biggest difference, is that FM synthesis is just a signal being modulated by the frequency of another signal, while additive synthesis is more like recreating the natural varying amounts of harmonics that you would get from a live instrument. In additive synthesis you take many multiples of a base (that's base.....not bass) tone and give each harmonic its own amplitude envelope, as well as the addition of non-harmonic artifacts to result in a realistic timbre recreation.

Have you ever heard of the mathemetician Jean Baptiste Joseph Fourier? Additive synthesis derived from something he discovered; discontinuous functions are formed by the summation of an infinite series. Following that discovery it was established that all signals, when represented as a mathematical function, can be composed of a sum of sine functions of various frequencies. (you should see the equation for that shit!!)

Soooooo yeah!! Additive synthesis is much different than FM synthesis.

__

Click on the pic above to visit my music profile on Myspace.
03-01-2005 19:21 Homepage of spudleyq
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

quote:
Originally posted by spudleyq
quote:

b-buddy.......there is an amazing difference between frequency modulation and additive synthesis

Basically, the biggest difference, is that FM synthesis is just a signal being modulated by the frequency of another signal, while additive synthesis is more like recreating the natural varying amounts of harmonics that you would get from a live instrument. In additive synthesis you take many multiples of a base (that's base.....not bass) tone and give each harmonic its own amplitude envelope, as well as the addition of non-harmonic artifacts to result in a realistic timbre recreation.

Have you ever heard of the mathemetician Jean Baptiste Joseph Fourier? Additive synthesis derived from something he discovered; discontinuous functions are formed by the summation of an infinite series. Following that discovery it was established that all signals, when represented as a mathematical function, can be composed of a sum of sine functions of various frequencies. (you should see the equation for that shit!!)

Soooooo yeah!! Additive synthesis is much different than FM synthesis.

where do you people learn all this shit Confused lol

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

03-01-2005 19:59
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

look around man......it's all there

try reading some books from your local library on the following topics

"Audio Engineering"
"Synthesizers"
"Music Production"
"Pygmies"
and of course!!
"Twinkies...what are they made of?"

the internet is a really good source for knowledge too.....just go to google and type in "Additive Synthesis" or "Fourier Series" or "First Synthesizer" or "Musical Chords" or "Ring Modulation" or "any other two word comination you can think of" Tongue

__

03-01-2005 20:50 Homepage of spudleyq

Helpfulness rating: 

its all too techy for me...but i might pick up a book or 2 on audio engineering...

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

03-01-2005 20:54
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

I'm just extremely hungry for knowledge. I used to steal books from the library because I could never afford them.....and hated returning them. I really wish sometimes that I could have gotten a proper education....but I guess my self-sustenance is good enough. It's always good to know more about what you love to do!!

__

03-01-2005 20:58 Homepage of spudleyq

Helpfulness rating: 

yea it kind of sucks...my girl wont move and i wont leave her so...im stuck going to school for business...looks like my career might be my own record shop...or label in the future...but i wanted to go to school for audio engineering...i couldnt afford it unless i went to a school back home in cleveland...now i cant...its a tough decision...but i dont know anymore... Frown

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

03-01-2005 21:05
B-complex B-complex is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-581.jpg

Registration Date: 07-04-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.13

quote:
I'm just extremely hungry for knowledge. I used to steal books from the library because I could never afford them.....and hated returning them. I really wish sometimes that I could have gotten a proper education....but I guess my self-sustenance is good enough. It's always good to know more about what you love to do!!

try this link then, and you will never steal a book again :-) http://www.hi.is/~olh1/tonlistarskjol1.zip [lots of knowledge inside]

__

03-01-2005 21:07
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

is it an encyclopedia? I love encyclopedias.....I know it sounds nerdy.....but I used to read them for fun.

Can't wait for this massive file to get finished to see what it is!!

__

03-01-2005 21:13 Homepage of spudleyq
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by B-complex
quote:

try this link then, and you will never steal a book again :-) http://www.hi.is/~olh1/tonlistarskjol1.zip [lots of knowledge inside]

Great stuff man... Bigup

__

Myspace
04-01-2005 17:19 Homepage of XTensionTrigger
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

I was kinda disappointed though......I mean there's tons of knowledge in there......but most of it was stuff that I had already known about........there's some nuggets in there though!!

__

04-01-2005 19:28 Homepage of spudleyq
dirk
Steppa

Registration Date: 14-11-2004

Helpfulness rating: 

The yamaha DX7 and native instruments FM7 can both do FM and additive synthesis . It depends on the algorithem used , most algorithems in the DX7/FM7 use a combination of both.

Greetings dirk.
05-01-2005 15:31
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Plugins » Best vst synth for bass ?