drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » where can i get some good royalty free vocals??
Go to the bottom of this page where can i get some good royalty free vocals??
Author
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

only since joining here have i started to produce tunes without copyright samples
i think this is good practice for the future but anyways
where do some of the people get their vocal samples from as i hear loads of em on tunes uploaded here.

i really like the samples i've got which total to about 2000+, but their all copyrighted man

please help a fellow soldier

G Bigup

__
My Sounds
18-12-2004 20:30
spudleyq spudleyq is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1932.jpg

Registration Date: 23-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

sample cd's.......royalty free sample sites (you usually get crappy vocals from these though).......old records and songs from the 20's, 30's, 40's, and 50's......if you find the right ones.....the copyright may be out of date.......and sometimes people don't even notice!!!

THE BEST PLACE TO GET ROYALTY FREE VOCALS:

find a female with a phenomenal voice.......i.e. Tina in B-Complex's tune on here.......and get them to sing ya something real nice!!!

__

Click on the pic above to visit my music profile on Myspace.
18-12-2004 21:38 Homepage of spudleyq
Glim Glim is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

yeah man, she rips up that tune, bigtime

__
My Sounds
18-12-2004 22:54
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

http://www.cobwebaudio.co.uk/sound_samples/acapella.html

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

18-12-2004 23:12 Homepage of Surya
Glim Glim is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

wow!!!, its amazing
thanks so much, theres loads of stuff i can have a go at
really appreciate it surya

G Bigup Bigup Bigup Bigup

__
My Sounds
19-12-2004 00:40
dNk dNk is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-230.jpg

Registration Date: 29-02-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

yyeeeeeeeeee TNX SURYA Bigup Bigup Bigup Bigup
19-12-2004 09:59
daze_DND daze_DND is a male
MYSTIC

images/avatars/avatar-2135.gif

Registration Date: 01-11-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.25

quote:
Originally posted by Surya
http://www.cobwebaudio.co.uk/sound_samples/acapella.html

Thnx for tha link surya! i ll defo be checking this shizl out....

__

info/tunes :: MySpace

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by daze_DND: 19-12-2004 10:16.

19-12-2004 10:15
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

take your mic, press record, than do some crazy stuff Tongue . After that, add FX & go fuck it up. 100% royalty free guaranteed Wink

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by djfreemc: 19-12-2004 11:31.

19-12-2004 11:30 Homepage of djfreemc
muphasta muphasta is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1490.jpg

Registration Date: 29-06-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.88

quote:
Originally posted by djfreemc
take your mic, press record, than do some crazy stuff Tongue . After that, add FX & go fuck it up. 100% royalty free guaranteed Wink

that would be my approach too. be original!!!!

drink duvel!!!

cheers

__
muphasta none dnb
www.myspace.com/muphsugar
reggeadubwise.com
Roots-reggea-project: muphsteppa
muphsteppa@reggeadubwise
19-12-2004 12:57
Glim Glim is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

yeah thats what i normally do, i produce rnb with my mate and i lay alot of my own vocals down on the tracks we produce together.
i was looking for the eerie old recordings of public speeches and stuff.
some of the old bbc recordings of past public figures go great over the top of a long scary intro
i luv 'em man
but i guess their all copyrighted.
at the end of the day there aint really a substitute for pickin up the mic an spittin out ya own ryhmes n soundz.

Laterz

G Bigup

__
My Sounds

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Glim: 19-12-2004 13:52.

19-12-2004 13:51
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

i have hours upon hours of old ass recordings.......news radio from the 20's-50's......BBC recordings from god knows when......winston churchhill.......richard nixon.......all the greats!!! and just to let you know.......most of those accapellas are for house music.......you can get some of them to fit in DNB.......and i'm not even sure if they're copyright free

__

20-12-2004 14:12 Homepage of spudleyq
zebediah
is deep in the jungle

images/avatars/avatar-659.jpg

Registration Date: 08-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

Do you think Bad Company UK worrys about copyrights? I don't think so. The Animatrix sample on that one tune probably would have cost them big to use. I could be wrong but I don't think it matters.
20-12-2004 21:44 Homepage of zebediah
f0re1gn f0re1gn is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 20-12-2004

Surya, nice! I've been searching for stuff like this for ages Shocked Found some stuff, but very short and awful quality.. Owned! Big Grin

__
.:f33l1ng th3 p0w3r 1s 3ss3nt1al:.
20-12-2004 22:10
peet
Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-539.gif

Registration Date: 31-01-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 3.33

the thing is that if you're tune gets big, not that the chances are high, and let's say it makes it in the popular charts, people will hear it, recognize the sample, give you a call, and gone is your 3 million $

__

20-12-2004 22:48 Homepage of peet
charleskoncept charleskoncept is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-580.jpg

Registration Date: 29-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

quote:
Originally posted by peet
the thing is that if you're tune gets big, not that the chances are high, and let's say it makes it in the popular charts, people will hear it, recognize the sample, give you a call, and gone is your 3 million $

being a bit cynical arent we? Wink

although he is really very right... thats why i avoid the ever so present issue of copyright infringment by just not using vocals.... makes it a lot simpletr in the long run

peace...

__
charleskoncept
21-12-2004 00:58
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

Fair Use of the Copyright Act

You guys should really look into this......seriously......too many people are afraid of copyright infringement. Bad Company UK's sampling of Animatrix was so short......and used in such a different manner......and was made to please such a different crowd.......that they applied to the Fair Use of the Copyright Act. It's not that they didn't care.....it's just that they knew how things worked.....or maybe they didn't care.....who knows.

http://fairuse.stanford.edu/Copyright_an...apter9/9-b.html

the above link will show you the four guidelines for Fair Use

__

21-12-2004 16:50 Homepage of spudleyq
B-complex B-complex is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-581.jpg

Registration Date: 07-04-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.13

Using sources of other people's work [samples] is always questionable. Imagine a picture where artist uses lot of different sources like pieces of photographies for his collage [paste-up] [guess this is the word.. Pleased ] it's similar with audio work. If someone just rip something and present it as his own work it's just the thievery. But if he uses it in totally different fashion effected and it present new idea then old art it's just the new art. In my "career" i've met with a man who for example ripped intro from old prodigy track and put it to his track and he thought no one would recognize. He was a member of one of the first drumnbass crews here in slovakia, and by some people he is still known as one of the best producers.. but people from the scene who knows him better pay no respect to him becouse his production is very avarage if not worse.
I think it's nothing bad if you have some old records that you have bought and you use it as a sound source. Hip-hop and drum&bass scene is working this way anyway, it's a question of some tolerance from the original authors. People who really loves music will not care if their work is inspiration for other people's art. The great example is the amen break which caused a revolution and progress in music, including hiphop rave/hardcore and drumnbass. Scene is paying respect to the author of the break and he does not expect to earn money for every track where the amen is used. The most important thing in music is the idea you came with. And it could be new sound you make but also smart usage of older sounds.

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by B-complex: 21-12-2004 17:28.

21-12-2004 17:27
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

copyright is a big thing now int he digital age. they neve rhad any problems with it until the 80's or so. but at worset, for copyright and selling, you have to pay them, at best you can get permissions, but the old artist that used them in there songs and then when trying to get permission, in favour of not paying for copyright, had to just drop the samples off of there records. so it's not a big problem to use quotes, but if they find out, you ow them, depending ont he size of the sample, then how much you distort it around, is also a factor.
there's even the case of the barbie girl song, that was taken to copyright because they simple used the name of a product, let alone a sample. they got off scot free, since they said it was an artistic use of it.
there is much court time to deal with using it, and i can understand why this site would just avoid that entirly, the rules for having copyrighted material on internet pages, must be harsh.
it all comes down to this really:
imitation is the most sincerest form of flatery.
but most people would rather have money.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

30-12-2004 04:02 Homepage of Halph-Price
XTensionTrigger XTensionTrigger is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2287.gif

Registration Date: 04-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

For example:

http://www.acapella-heaven.tk/

__

Myspace
30-12-2004 14:21 Homepage of XTensionTrigger
netsxer netsxer is a male
Cool Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-663.jpg

Registration Date: 29-01-2005

Hey, those vocals sounded pretty nice..Tongue

__

29-01-2005 13:12 Homepage of netsxer
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » where can i get some good royalty free vocals??