drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Micro$oft uses cracked software...
Go to the bottom of this page Micro$oft uses cracked software...
Author
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

http://slashdot.org/articles/04/11/13/00...1&tid=109&tid=1 Shocked

I'll NEVER pay again for Micro$oft software!!!

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

13-12-2004 19:58 Homepage of Surya
spudleyq spudleyq is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1932.jpg

Registration Date: 23-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

i wonder how reliable that source is........i'm gonna have to check that shit out myself.......that is life though........policemen committing crimes........politicians corrupting minds........and software companies using illegal software.......that is life

__

Click on the pic above to visit my music profile on Myspace.
13-12-2004 21:54 Homepage of spudleyq
charleskoncept charleskoncept is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-580.jpg

Registration Date: 29-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

i heard about this a month ago and i gotta say that some of it rings like it might be the truth who knows though..

better still who cares? Smile

__
charleskoncept
13-12-2004 22:26
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

I've checked the files in question and the proof is there!

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

13-12-2004 22:31 Homepage of Surya
Soi Soi is a male
Super Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-2543.jpg

Registration Date: 29-01-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
15 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

Once again, it's a shame to realize that reality is often, and unquestionable a sign o' the times, stranger than fiction.
What french philosopher was it again who stated that human beings could be better off maintaining their own garden than trying to interfere with the whole spectre of worldly bizniz around you?
I'm not stating that hiding from current problems/issues is a good thing, but expecting it, and acknowledging that it IS an essential charecteristic of The 21st Century-ish Nowadays makes your world somewhat more agreeable. I've been watching some films/series like 'Spartan', '24',... lately, and i think that these things really happen in our daily lives.

I wanted to add a plot here, but it somehow temporarily escaped my mind.

Lots of peace out

__
a myspace
my tunes
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."
14-12-2004 00:55 Homepage of Soi
Polar Freq Polar Freq is a male
Hounmingootod

images/avatars/avatar-545.jpg

Registration Date: 06-11-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

i don't think companies should exsist..
when all the people don't have one goal in their head, there will always be corruption.
when will people understand that we all share a similar goal, and it is not money or personal gain?
i see how manufacture and design and everything is managed on the space projects and amazed, and can't shake the feeling that i see the future of human life an operation..
peace man, an wo-

__
-Emotions are social illusions.
-What i did not do, i could have not done.
-Art is a kind of public masturbation.
-I am only, my genes tool.
-damjan cd
i have a zen touch and muad'Dib has a girlfriend......everyones happy
14-12-2004 01:53 Homepage of Polar Freq
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

quote:
Originally posted by Soi
Once again, it's a shame to realize that reality is often, and unquestionable a sign o' the times, stranger than fiction.
What french philosopher was it again who stated that human beings could be better off maintaining their own garden than trying to interfere with the whole spectre of worldly bizniz around you?
I'm not stating that hiding from current problems/issues is a good thing, but expecting it, and acknowledging that it IS an essential charecteristic of The 21st Century-ish Nowadays makes your world somewhat more agreeable. I've been watching some films/series like 'Spartan', '24',... lately, and i think that these things really happen in our daily lives.

I wanted to add a plot here, but it somehow temporarily escaped my mind.

Lots of peace out

I pretty much do second this.

__

14-12-2004 02:12 Homepage of Emblem-X
B-complex B-complex is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-581.jpg

Registration Date: 07-04-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.13

quote:
Originally posted by Polar Freq
when all the people don't have one goal in their head, there will always be corruption.
when will people understand that we all share a similar goal, and it is not money or personal gain?
i see how manufacture and design and everything is managed on the space projects and amazed, and can't shake the feeling that i see the future of human life an operation..
peace man, an wo-

utopia.. I lived in such regime for few years and my parents for most of their lives.. it's not working ..
problem is that people are egoists and one stupid man is enough to ruin any good idea.

__

14-12-2004 10:12
KoFFiE KoFFiE is a male
Easy Player

images/avatars/avatar-271.gif

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.83

Already known for some time now... Thought it was an independant sound-"developer" hired by MS that actually was to blame...

__
Sleep is a poor substitute for coffee
14-12-2004 11:37 Homepage of KoFFiE
KoFFiE KoFFiE is a male
Easy Player

images/avatars/avatar-271.gif

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.83

quote:
Originally posted by B-complex
quote:
Originally posted by Polar Freq
peace man, an wo-

utopia.. I lived in such regime for few years and my parents for most of their lives.. it's not working ..
problem is that people are egoists and one stupid man is enough to ruin any good idea.

Indeed - there's always someone in charge, power corrupts, pure communism doesn't work. There are also always ppl who profit from the system. If it doesn't matter if you do your best, pretend you're working, or don't work at all - you make the same amount of money, and are not awarded for extra effords - there's no point of doing em - right? It's an idealistic vision, and those never work... If you do give "bonusses" for extra efforde - in the end, you'll end up with a capitalistic system anyway, with differences between people, something against the communist ideal.

Let's put it this way - Hitler, Stalin, Poll Pot, ... all idealists with a vision for their own people - basicly every dictator ever existed was an idealist - and basicly a dictatorship is what a communism system always becomes. If not the first generation, then it's the second. People in charge are gonna do everything to stay in charge.
For a communist system to work you need:
- everybody in your 'country' or 'state' to believe 100% in communism
- a decentralized government
- no power positions - divide & diffuse power

These are things that are _impossible_ - people are group-animals, and every type of animals living in group always has a leader - why? Because that's evolution - it was the only system that worked - species that didn't died miserably, or adapted themselves.
Nature's hard - that's a fact, and capitalism is simply a reflection of the original natural things in our sociaty - and indeed it's not fair - but what are you gonna do about it? Revolution? It'll end up exactly the same or worse anyway, resulting in another revolution - history repeats itself.

__
Sleep is a poor substitute for coffee
14-12-2004 11:55 Homepage of KoFFiE
saphir saphir is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-185.gif

Registration Date: 15-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

all i can add is.

this doesn't surprise me. happens all the time and big time. and they get away with it.

but afkorz not all:

a little story (happend on my former work...read former) note i work/worked in a graphic studio.

on a morning bsa (belgian software alliance) fell into our office and searched for illegal copies and our font-folio(a collection of fonts, updated and at your service 24/7, only 3 companies in belgium have this licence). guided by some of the biggest companies their "control officer"... fe. adobe, microsoft, even the feller from autocad, afga gevaert.
mister procureur des konings, cops, gerechtsdeurwaarder (whatever that is in English) and some others...
they got tipped by mistake
how they explained it: "someone must have said too much for us to know that the very software was active to perform our work"
in other words.
it could very well be that some of the co workers accidentally did this mistake
fe.
a customer calls in to ask if he could deliver his artwork in photoshop...
if this guy is a "spy" from bsa or someone with bad intentions, .... it's basicly enough for bsa to get on patrol... oh and they sure did.

we got freezed from our pcs.
one fella inserted a cd which automaticly generated a popup menu with all software listed... (green was a valid copy) red was (or... illegal or deleted in a period of today and 4 years back) now beat that.
i was stunned!!!!!.
he pointed at the red-collored bar and ask my boss "so where is this software now, it was on the HD from 5/4/02 till 16/7/03?"
speechless i tell you...

result. the company resigned a few employees. and cuz i was the noob there. i was on the list aswell, ez come ez go... the company payed a +- 7 mil. (old belgian franks) penalty. or half the money if they bought the new licences within 2 weeks.
intotal about 20 pcs(incl mac) had over 11 illegal copies.

lesson: buy your apps when making money. (read this former boss & tyran)

during the coffee break one of the guys told us a quite shocking tale...

in Azian countries, they simply sell such software/cd's, there is no law yet. companies work the same way.
it could be changed by now. i am talking about almost a year ago...
blehehe and the irony of it all.
during my "stage" period i was working at forest & bold ...there i made their logo (for bsa) !!!!! Huh hahaha (got the proof in my portfolio, to me it's hilarious)
i should have said that to get a discount on my bosses penalty.... haha not!

anyway. a day to remember...
felt like a razzia...(which actually was)...

__
http://soundcloud.com/saphir_gazmazk

www.nitras.be

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by saphir: 14-12-2004 17:28.

14-12-2004 17:27 Homepage of saphir
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
"Do as we say, not as we do."

I think it is clear enough. Microsoft is lame, but who cares? Win xp is excellent! Smile

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
14-12-2004 17:28 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Hounmingootod

Helpfulness rating: 

big companies DIE!!!!
andrej!!!! vidi PM indbox

__
-damjan cd
14-12-2004 17:35 Homepage of Polar Freq
Hounmingootod

Helpfulness rating: 

i would gladly be a dictator, but i am againts violence, so i have to think of a way to remove "non-believers" with a non violent method that would hurt them the least.. (i was thinking of isolating, in other words medling with the truth, but i haven't got enough supporters (wanna be my supporter?? Smile

__
-damjan cd
14-12-2004 17:39 Homepage of Polar Freq
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Micro$oft uses cracked software...