drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » helpplease :)
Go to the bottom of this page helpplease :)
Author
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1932.jpg

Registration Date: 23-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

from what he said it sounds like he's using Reason.....which means that some of the words he uses might not seem familiar to you.....unless you're using reason.........stuff like this is just tweak and twitch.......you can't follow those exact steps and get the bass you're expecting.......it takes time and patience.......you just have to keep experimenting......WW just told you a set of guidelines to follow loosely.......and if you don't know what any of those things he mentioned....like the 24 dB LPF, or an LFO.......ask us.......we can tell you!!

__

Click on the pic above to visit my music profile on Myspace.
14-12-2004 22:34 Homepage of spudleyq
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Wicked Wayz was talking about Zeta... a VSTi... I made mine in Reason

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

14-12-2004 22:43 Homepage of Surya
dNk dNk is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-230.jpg

Registration Date: 29-02-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

tnx bro , sry for my shitty english , i know many words but have always mistaken , the reason is : dunno grammer Big Grin whatever

I would like to know what this words mean? I always making music with my ears , dunno this technical tricks and teory Smile )
14-12-2004 22:43
dNk dNk is a male
Cool Steppa

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Surya
Wicked Wayz was talking about Zeta... a VSTi... I made mine in Reason

ouuuuu shit Big Grin i have Zeta just dont understood him Bigup
14-12-2004 22:44
zebediah
is deep in the jungle

images/avatars/avatar-659.jpg

Registration Date: 08-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

Glimmer: Bu ... Bus it Tonite!!!!! Damn I love that tune. Yeah, that shit is real rough. I had the chance 2 pick it up at my local record store but something happened. I don't know what. But next time it won't.
The original Cannibal Lunch sounds like shit. Maybe I need 2 hear it again. I Only gave it a quick listen.
SpudleyQ: Destruction Ritual LP!!! Very Fat!!! ... not something i'd pick up but definitely worth some listens. Huge ups to Dylan + Tech for that. Hope they put out a mix.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by zebediah: 15-12-2004 03:37.

15-12-2004 03:35 Homepage of zebediah
wicked_wayz wicked_wayz is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1681.jpg

Registration Date: 19-03-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

z3ta+ (also called zeta), from rgc audio zeta homepage , but any other synth will do to
if you get it, i'll give you the patch to look at it (and hear it). anyway, i'm sure you'll get there, were do you think is the problem?
15-12-2004 08:36 Homepage of wicked_wayz
dNk dNk is a male
Cool Steppa

Helpfulness rating: 

wicked_wayz i have this one , but i just dont understood u correctly Smile just dunno whic preset u using in zeta for make woobling bass Confused
15-12-2004 16:45
B-complex B-complex is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-581.jpg

Registration Date: 07-04-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.13

start with init patch and then follow the instructions..

__

15-12-2004 19:24
dNk dNk is a male
Cool Steppa

Helpfulness rating: 

so somebody please tell me what this words mean ?? 24 dB LPF , LFO
16-12-2004 22:43
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

spudleyq?? surya?? where are you??

we need your ever flowing fountain of knowledge!!!!

no seriously, going back to her question and is there a list anyone has of terms and thier meanings or is it something u just pick up as you learn etc.

G

__
My Sounds
16-12-2004 22:53
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

24 dB LPF: 24 decibel low pass filter: I think this explains itself?
LFO: low frequency oscilation: you can use this to automate some parameters. if you set the LFO to sine wave and set it to control the filter, you will hear the filter going up and down with the speed of the LFO.

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

17-12-2004 01:26 Homepage of Surya
spudleyq spudleyq is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1932.jpg

Registration Date: 23-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

I'd like to add to surya's post. indeed low frequencey oscillation is used to automate some parameters, but which parameters you may be asking youself......and what sort of effect would it have on my audio?

let's start with the basics.....and LFO will usually comprise of the following settings:

Waveshape: this of course is the wave form that the LFO will modulate with...the settings are usually as follows, Sine, Square, Triangle, Sawtooth, and sometimes you'll see random or pulse wave forms. Now with a sine wave......the modulation will be smooth, a gradual rise to the peak.....and a gradual fall to the valley. A square wave will modulate very sharply......you'll get the highest value.....then a sudden drop to the lowest value.....this isn't used much. A triangle wave will give you similar results to the sine wave.....just not as smoothly. A sawtooth wave will spike up to the highest value......then gradually fall to the lowest value....then spike back up to the highest value....and so forth. We'll skip random and pulse waveforms because their modulation is chaotic and very unpleaseing to the ear.

Rate: This is the frequency at which the LFO will modulate. Usually allowing a setting of 0.1 Hz to 10-15 Hz depending on the LFO. This is pretty easy......with a setting of 0.1 Hz, you will get one complete cycle every ten seconds.....giving you a nice and slow wavey effect. If you set it to 10 Hz.....you will get ten complete cycles every second....giving you more of a rippling effect. I've seen LFO's that go higher.....but the higher you go the crazier it sounds.

Tempo Sync and Retrigger: with the tempo sync.....it will set the rate to match the tempo perfectly.....and with retrigger.....it will retrigger the waveform everytime a note hits.....this means that everytime a new note plays.....the waveform will start at the beginning rather than continue all the way through.

Then of course there's the function of the LFO: this is simply where you tell it what to oscillate. The following are some common parameters LFO's are used on.

Audio Oscillators: The oscillators you've set to actually make the sound, can be controlled with an LFO to create an FM, or frequencey modulation. This simply changes the frequency of the oscillator according to the settings of the LFO.

Panning: Setting an LFO to change the panning simply pans at the rate and with the waveform of the LFO

Filter Frequency: This can include the cutoff frequency or the resonance, changing each at the rate and waveshape of the LFO. Applying a very slow LFO to the cutoff gives you a nice gradual rise in frequency......and a fast one gives you a nice quick "phaser" sort of effect.

these are just the basic functions.......they can be used for more things though......i figured this would be good though!! Pleased

__

Click on the pic above to visit my music profile on Myspace.
17-12-2004 15:44 Homepage of spudleyq
dNk dNk is a male
Cool Steppa

Helpfulness rating: 

wow wow wow shitttt , very idfficult for my brains Big Grin but i have to study this shit
17-12-2004 17:56
dNk dNk is a male
Cool Steppa

Helpfulness rating: 

i understand some things but not all
17-12-2004 17:56
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

lol... take it all in baby Huh Shocked ,... great bedtime reading.. lol.. Bigup

these guys know what they're talking about man Bigup

__
My Sounds
17-12-2004 23:07
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

Maybe he should post a screenshot of the Zeta with instructions on it Big Grin

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

17-12-2004 23:09 Homepage of Surya
dNk dNk is a male
Cool Steppa

Helpfulness rating: 

yeah Surya it cold be very lovely very very great idea Bigup Wink
18-12-2004 19:36
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2]
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » helpplease :)