drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Do You Like Christmas??
Poll: Do You Like Christmas???
Bah- Humbug 34 60.71%
Ding Dong Merrily On High.... 22 39.29%
Total: 56 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page Do You Like Christmas??
Author
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

seeing as its nearly upon us Bigup

__
My Sounds
09-12-2004 23:05
Airfull Airfull is a female
Sexy Lady

images/avatars/avatar-24.jpg

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

pffff

I like the gifts and the food...

but it's all so fake in my family..and I really don't believe in Jezus and God
so

I do like the atmosphere...the lights and shit....

__

ONE BULLET? TWO BULLETS? THE THIRT ONE IS THROUGH MY HEAD!
10-12-2004 00:21
Polar Freq Polar Freq is a male
Hounmingootod

images/avatars/avatar-545.jpg

Registration Date: 06-11-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

when would da motthafukas think of putting LASERS and fakin pulsating lights for christmas, now that would be a wick christmas, prolly if you go to a christmas musiq channel you get dnb shit!!
lets start our own culture and set our own date for christmas.!! have our own philosophy bout life?? i woted i don like christmas 'coz im da biggest ateist there iz. FUCK GOD, AN FUCK JESUS AN ALAH AN ALL O THOSE (sorry if i insult, but the insults are actually guided towards an imagined concept)
but the presents part is good, especially when you get some, and you don have 2 buy.. Smile
sick

__
-Emotions are social illusions.
-What i did not do, i could have not done.
-Art is a kind of public masturbation.
-I am only, my genes tool.
-damjan cd
i have a zen touch and muad'Dib has a girlfriend......everyones happy
10-12-2004 00:58 Homepage of Polar Freq
B-complex B-complex is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-581.jpg

Registration Date: 07-04-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.13

I do..

__

10-12-2004 02:26
D-Lux
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-121.gif

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.33

I dunno ... I usually kinda hate it... And every year more and more...

Sitting with family ... YEAH Roll Eyes

Buying presents Roll Eyes

Only thing that would make it more special and more fun is snow on christmass and beiing with your girlfriend...

Oh well ... Up to another shitty christmass

__
Every monday from 200h00 till 22h00! Check --->

10-12-2004 08:43
muphasta muphasta is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1490.jpg

Registration Date: 29-06-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.88

forced party-ing. gain a couple of pounds! laughing with dementional grandparents. let them critizize your new music. no way of skipping it!!! I think I 'll do it on acid this year!!!
rather be on a tropical island, with two beautifull local women with fruit and 'Havana Club'. and Mike patton performing live in front of me !Rinse
kill santa and blame the governement!!!

cheers

__
muphasta none dnb
www.myspace.com/muphsugar
reggeadubwise.com
Roots-reggea-project: muphsteppa
muphsteppa@reggeadubwise
10-12-2004 10:53
poesjka poesjka is a female
Funky Lady

images/avatars/avatar-695.jpg

Registration Date: 13-02-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.43

definitely hate xmas.

xmas is the worst of the worst of the excessive stupidity of our excessive behaviours of us, western people.

money, money, money, that's all about x-mas.

and when i see these houses decorated with lights everywhere and that stupid santa claus trying to get in through the window, i can't do otherwise than think :

"damn, this santa claus was launched by The Coca-Cola Company, and all these lights are destroying our environment". we're so mad My Mistake

X-MAS SHOULD BE CANCELLED Rinse

__
Poesjka

31/03 Café Détour @ Lille (FR)
17/05 www.jungletrain.net Motronicism live 17h-19h
28/07 Drum NN bass Part V @ Nieuwe Nor, Heerlen (NL)
10-12-2004 11:18
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by emmetje
definitely hate xmas.

xmas is the worst of the worst of the excessive stupidity of our excessive behaviours of us, western people.

money, money, money, that's all about x-mas.

and when i see these houses decorated with lights everywhere and that stupid santa claus trying to get in through the window, i can't do otherwise than think :

"damn, this santa claus was launched by The Coca-Cola Company, and all these lights are destroying our environment". we're so mad My Mistake

X-MAS SHOULD BE CANCELLED Rinse

I think it's just on you and your family what it will be like, when I was young I was looking forward for gifts and so on.. last few years I am looking forward to see my parents chilled and have some relax.. Just enjoying free time. I know it may sound gay but nowadays it's like everyone is saying FUCK christmas like if cocacola for example is forcing you to buy all the stuf.. it's not.. it's just on you, and becouse I don't watch TV much, and I don't really visit shops if it's not necessary I enjoy christmas my way..
Whole society is consumpting more then it should, but this is not just problem of christmas. In the time of communism when I was young, we had to wait several hours to buy fish to eat on christmas and we were lucky if we have some shitty toys or clothing. [shitty compared to west] but we were quite happy and people used to look forward to christmas. Today it's here quite similar to west with all kauflands, tesco, carrefour and other shitty hypermarkets, but becouse I fuck them all year i can fuck them on christmas as well Wink

and btw, I don't belive in god, jesus or santa claus Smile

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by B-complex: 10-12-2004 12:13.

10-12-2004 12:11
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

I don't do X-mas. I do receive the presends, but I have NEVER bought one for someone else for X-mas or any similar ocasion (Valentine, easter, whatever) Smile

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

10-12-2004 13:13 Homepage of Surya
muphasta muphasta is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1490.jpg

Registration Date: 29-06-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.88

quote:
Originally posted by Surya
I don't do X-mas. I do receive the presends, but I have NEVER bought one for someone else for X-mas or any similar ocasion (Valentine, easter, whatever) Smile

RESPECT MAN!!!!!!!!!!!Tongue Big Grin

cheers

__
muphasta none dnb
www.myspace.com/muphsugar
reggeadubwise.com
Roots-reggea-project: muphsteppa
muphsteppa@reggeadubwise
10-12-2004 13:24
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

i do like it Smile spending some nice time with the family, friends, drinking and eating well Big Grin

drinking gluhwein and jenever on the local kertsmarkt aaah Pleased

and getting some presents on top of it Big Grin can it get better? Big Grin

__

10-12-2004 13:35 Homepage of Emblem-X
KoFFiE KoFFiE is a male
Easy Player

images/avatars/avatar-271.gif

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.83

Don't like it - only good thing about it is that it's a holiday Big Grin

Presents - buh - nobody knows what they could give me, so I usually don't get anything, which is fine to me, I don't have to feel obligated to give smth back..
Prob is that some girls always seem to come up with stupid gifts like "cute" stuffed animals, xxx-rated underwear or attributes (well - they only tried that once - wanted to embarrass me, but I made sure it turned out the other way - fight them with your own weapons I say Tongue ) One side of me hopes they'll try it again this year Tongue Wink - but the other side (which's presence is a lot stonger) rather skips the whole fucking hypocritic shit about how you should be nicer with christmas and give each other smth etc Roll Eyes

Then the whole family bullshit, rather have a quiet talk with someone than be run over by 30 nephews & nieces of which they all expect me to remember their names and act nice to, even while some of them are total idiots. Every year there's a big party organised - usually I drop by for 5 mins or smth, usually have other stuff to do... Don't like the fake "cosy" christmas athmosphere...

The food - well ok, but that doesn't make up for the rest...

So christmas - I SAY IT LOUD AND PROUD: FUCK YOU (monty python anyone? Tongue Big Grin )

__
Sleep is a poor substitute for coffee
10-12-2004 13:46 Homepage of KoFFiE
suvcycle suvcycle is a male
jungle boy

images/avatars/avatar-2083.jpg

Registration Date: 03-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Santa is a pederast ! Big Grin

__
some run from the big guns,
some just run from the sound
10-12-2004 13:58
poesjka poesjka is a female
Funky Lady

images/avatars/avatar-695.jpg

Registration Date: 13-02-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.43

quote:
Originally posted by B-complex
Today it's here quite similar to west with all kauflands, tesco, carrefour and other shitty hypermarkets, but becouse I fuck them all year i can fuck them on christmas as well Wink

Big Grin

good for you. coz for me, until now they're the ones who fuck me.
yesterday i had to walk 100 meters in a shopping street to get from the subway stop to the bus stop. and with all this x-mas feery, lights and wonderful shopwindows and everything.. well i was so in the mood for spending money..
i think we do exagerate through the whole year, but x-mas period is the paroxysm.

and i don't think Santa is a pederast, but if he is, well let's say he damn fucked us all Big Grin

__
Poesjka

31/03 Café Détour @ Lille (FR)
17/05 www.jungletrain.net Motronicism live 17h-19h
28/07 Drum NN bass Part V @ Nieuwe Nor, Heerlen (NL)
10-12-2004 14:09
spudleyq spudleyq is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1932.jpg

Registration Date: 23-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

what the fuck is christmas? who the fuck came up with it? nobody even knows what it means anymore!!! supposed to be the celebration of the birth of Christ? Christ was born in the fall!!!! not in the middle of fucking winter!!!! and how the fuck does a big fat guy in red velvet giving out presents to good kids and COAL?!?! to bad kids have anything to do with the birth of a Nazareth man 2000 years ago? and where did the big green fir trees come in? they didn't have any pine trees in the middle east!!! they were palm trees!!! and now's all of a sudden there's elves making toys at the north pole which isn't even land!!!! it's just a big floating block of ice!!! flying reindeer carrying Santa Claus around at break-neck speeds in order to get all the gifts out in one night?!?!?!?! seriously folks.......christmas is a sham and was invented to bring in revenue!!!!

__

Click on the pic above to visit my music profile on Myspace.
10-12-2004 14:28 Homepage of spudleyq
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

well before we accepted christianism , christmas = 24.12. was one of the most important fests.. becouse it is the time when days are starting to be longer not shorter [don't know english word for this "action"]
so, christians had to substitute this fest with something, so they told that it's the time when christ was born and people began to celebrate it for this reason.

__

10-12-2004 16:02
Glim Glim is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

i guess if you've got family it is an evil nessecity, in my case i've been living alone in solo mode for about 7 yeaqrs now so christmas dont really do nothing for me.
i've had a very full life so far, alot of experiences more bad than good, i been on the street, in a hostel now a shared house.
i personally do believe in god but am complacent about my situation and direction in life, - look youcan see me know making excuses for basically not jus accepting god and try an change my life.
i mean if i occasionally pray in my room then the chances are i will be stones which god doesnt like as you are not speaking purly,
its a heavy angle i'm dishin out ere but christmas is really for the children, we can all remember great christmas' when we were young , but as you grow ur priorties and situation change.

anyways all you peeps lookin forward to it then i wish you a propa!! crimbo!!!

Laterz

G

__
My Sounds
10-12-2004 17:15
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

you're speaking of the winter solstice.....which falls on December 21/22.....not the 24......and you're speaking of Yule, which is the feast of the winter solstice......and rather than getting rid of such pagan feast days Pope Gregory I allowed christian missionaries give them a christian reinterpretation. The christmas tree was said to first be used in Germany.....Saint Nicholas was a good hearted bishop of the 4th century and the Dutch modeled a gift-giving Saint Nicholas around his feast day of Dec. 6. and Jesus was born in the spring-summer area.....or in september....it's constantly debated......so christmas is just a jumble and shamble of all sorts of different crap.......and it's forced upon us from birth.......IT'S SHITE!!!!

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by spudleyq: 10-12-2004 17:49.

10-12-2004 17:27 Homepage of spudleyq
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Glimmer

i mean if i occasionally pray in my room then the chances are i will be stones which god doesnt like as you are not speaking purly,

from my understanding of any omnipotent, omniescent, omnipresent being of all-mightyness......its forgiveness is infinite......it's very understanding......and if you believe.......if you acknowledge.....and if you accept......this being will indeed accept you in return

__

10-12-2004 17:31 Homepage of spudleyq
Glim Glim is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

very deep.... touched on some good points bro.....

__
My Sounds
10-12-2004 17:36
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Do You Like Christmas??